Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

C'moooooooon Big Dick Pete . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Peter Steel of course
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

May may is a back man, not a front man anyway
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Best front man ever is Jim Morrison. (That's assuming Elvis is considered a solo star)

But this is a metal poll so nevermind.
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Hard to pick a winner. I guess it'll be either Anselmo, Bruce Dickinson, or Halford.

The worst first round match-up is Dio against King Diamond- both are great metal vocalists IMHO and could easily be one of the last 8 standing. Don't know what opinions of Chad Gray are on here but personally think he's worthy of being in this poll.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Anselmo? I doubt it. Pantera hate aside he's a terrible vocalist. He's got a veryu easy draw though so I expect he'll make it to the end.

I reckon Maynard has a pretty good chance at this, if he can get past Bruce and Ozzy.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

[quote="hellboy]Pantera hate aside he's a terrible vocalist.[/quote]

Oh fuck off

[youtube][/youtube]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yep, just fucking terrible...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:[quote="hellboy]Pantera hate aside he's a terrible vocalist.
Oh fuck off

[youtube][/youtube][/quote][/quote][/quote]

He's no Peter Steele, but that was pretty good.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, Anselmo hit the high notes pretty damn good when he was younger- listen to the whole Cowboys CD for reference and not just Cemetery Gates. Pantera got heavier through the years and Phil changed his style a bit so there's that along with a huge fan base.

This isn't the "who impersonates Freddie Mercury the best?" contest. It's gonna be a lot of fan boi voting so I took that into account more than anything. Dream Theatre anyone?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Having seen both Pantera and Tool live in 2001, Phil wins hands down, sounded straight off a cd, even better actually.

Remember this is a front man contest, not recording artist competition.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

That's why I chose Peter Steele. You can barely see the 'Nard most of the time. Invisibility does not a good front-man make.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Being dead makes for an equally shitty front man.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

No Clay Aiken = Poll Invalid.

Or maybe = Pole Invalid?
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Mikael Akerfeldt, MJK, Dio and Phil Anselmo is the best here imo. Bruce dickinson WAS a great singer. The fact that Till from Rammstein is in this poll just proves that this only is a popularity contest.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

I voted against MJK because I am a dick. The idea that MJK is considered a "metal vocalist/front man" makes me laugh, giggle and chuckle. #Chulaughagiggle

Hey how about that absurdly ridiculous newsletter? Can we all just agree that Tool is lazy and overrated? #Tool201555555?????????? :arrow: #Chulaughagiggle

Enjoy the weekend you delusional fucks :lol:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Ettan wrote:Mikael Akerfeldt, MJK, Dio and Phil Anselmo is the best here imo. Bruce dickinson WAS a great singer. The fact that Till from Rammstein is in this poll just proves that this only is a popularity contest.
We can also say that MJK WAS a great singer too. Everyone's gonna have their opinions but it should really be what their body of work has been to this point. (And an extra 1,000,000 bonus points if your dead)
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

#ThisIsNotTwitter
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Best Metal vocalist = Jens Kidman ....it ain't even close bitches

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Krazy_blah wrote:#ThisIsNotTwitter
#MyBallsOnUrForehead

#IStillLoveYouevenifyouareaTOOLfan

;)
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Krazy_blah wrote:
Ettan wrote:Mikael Akerfeldt, MJK, Dio and Phil Anselmo is the best here imo. Bruce dickinson WAS a great singer. The fact that Till from Rammstein is in this poll just proves that this only is a popularity contest.
We can also say that MJK WAS a great singer too. Everyone's gonna have their opinions but it should really be what their body of work has been to this point. (And an extra 1,000,000 bonus points if your dead)
Yeah you're right about Maynard. Dio will win, everyone knows why.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

The styles are too different to really even compare guys like MJK and Phil. It's an apples and oranges kind of thing. The things that make Maynard stand out aren't what make Phil stand out. When considering stage presence, Phil goes up on stage ready to beat up 30 people and rupture an artery. Maynard is on stage (in the old days, at least) trying to be an entertainer/side-show in the most unique way possible. Phil is trying to be all that is masculine. Maynard is trying to make you uncomfortable in some type of way (like I said, not as much anymore) probably getting in touch with his goofy feminine side. I think MJK lost his edge for pushing boundaries and being unique when he started putting on the different hats. Tool was no longer his only outlet for expressing himself and he became more... uh... normal. Which sucks. He used to create this peculiar element of metal music infused with vulnerability, femininity, and unpredictability. He had his own thing and it was intoxicating. Obviously, people get older and things change. He can't be the goofy fuck his whole life, unfortunately.

Stylistically the juxtaposition between heavy music and MJK's singing was the hook for me. When I was a youngster I became desensitized to the really heavy bands that just seemed to want to vent, song after song. It's what separates TOOL from the thrash bands. He doesn't just scream his head off. It's a perfect counter-balance for the heavy riffs and the tribal drumming. With that said, he'll throw in a scream now and then for a heightened impact/emphasis and obviously his capability of doing that as much now isn't there. MJK stands apart from most the other guys on the list because he does sing and it's what keeps Tool relevant in the present and future. I'm not sure he'll win the contest or if he deserves to really win a 'metal-singer' contest. Frankly, it doesn't matter. Danny Carey didn't win best drummer and therefore it obviously doesn't mean anything. Bring on the 'Best Metal Band' contest.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:The styles are too different to really even compare guys like MJK and Phil. It's an apples and oranges kind of thing. The things that make Maynard stand out aren't what make Phil stand out. When considering stage presence, Phil goes up on stage ready to beat up 30 people and rupture an artery. Maynard is on stage (in the old days, at least) trying to be an entertainer/side-show in the most unique way possible. Phil is trying to be all that is masculine. Maynard is trying to make you uncomfortable in some type of way (like I said, not as much anymore) probably getting in touch with his goofy feminine side. I think MJK lost his edge for pushing boundaries and being unique when he started putting on the different hats. Tool was no longer his only outlet for expressing himself and he became more... uh... normal. Which sucks. He used to create this peculiar element of metal music infused with vulnerability, femininity, and unpredictability. He had his own thing and it was intoxicating. Obviously, people get older and things change. He can't be the goofy fuck his whole life, unfortunately.

Stylistically the juxtaposition between heavy music and MJK's singing was the hook for me. When I was a youngster I became desensitized to the really heavy bands that just seemed to want to vent, song after song. It's what separates TOOL from the thrash bands. He doesn't just scream his head off. It's a perfect counter-balance for the heavy riffs and the tribal drumming. With that said, he'll throw in a scream now and then for a heightened impact/emphasis and obviously his capability of doing that as much now isn't there. MJK stands apart from most the other guys on the list because he does sing and it's what keeps Tool relevant in the present and future. I'm not sure he'll win the contest or if he deserves to really win a 'metal-singer' contest. Frankly, it doesn't matter. Danny Carey didn't win best drummer and therefore it obviously doesn't mean anything. Bring on the 'Best Metal Band' contest.
If Tool is in that I might vomit. Tool ain't metal. As for the rest Nardo blah suck a dick blah Nardo.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Did anybody here (I know Mog did) see the last Intronaut tour?

At the Slim's show in SF, they were having a LOT of fun with the soundboard guy (or somebody on the mic there) pretending he was Phil Anselmo. It went on for a while, too. I'm hoping somebody got it on a recording because it was funny as hell. I can't remember hearing Phil ever talk to the crowd (but then again, I've never seen him live, just recordings), but he sure sounded like you'd imagine Phil sounding.
Ki77aan :twisted: