Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

They've probably been bullshitting us the entire time and have no plans to record new music.

That'd be fucking great, the biggest dick move in musical history.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

That would be a joke worthy of the likes of Neil Hamburger....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Calfium Jay wrote:They can hardly get it together to release 10 or 11 songs in an album format in less than an eight year period- I'd forget about any "curveballs" happening in the near future unless this supposed "curveball" has something to do with Justin having a shave....

Well, I'm hoping that at least part of the reason they've taken so long, is because there are 1 or 2 other things in the works as well. You guys will be gladly surprised when it all comes to fruition :)
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

trilobite wrote:You guys will be gladly surprised when it all comes to fruition :)
I doubt it, most of the complainers here will complain about everything Tool do
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The curve ball is an Abba covers album, featuring such classics:
  • Dancing Queen
  • Mamma Mia
  • Waterloo
  • Does Your Mother Know
  • and many more!
The centerpiece of the album is the stirring cover of Fernando.

This is ABBA like you've never heard it before! Straight out of the Tool Shed!
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Not Tyson wrote:They've probably been bullshitting us the entire time and have no plans to record new music.

That'd be fucking great, the biggest dick move in musical history.
Now a part of me wants this to happen. It'd be awesome!
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The curve ball is an Abba covers album, featuring such classics:
  • Dancing Queen
  • Mamma Mia
  • Waterloo
  • Does Your Mother Know
  • and many more!
The centerpiece of the album is the stirring cover of Fernando.

This is ABBA like you've never heard it before! Straight out of the Tool Shed!
Steven Wilson actually does cover ABBA songs. And not ironically.
“I love ABBA, and I would say that the album Arrival is probably their masterpiece. For me, I’ve always said that if you want to understand anything about writing great pop music, you should listen to The Beatles, The Beach Boys and ABBA.

“In the mid- to late ‘70s, there was no one better than ABBA at writing and producing great pop. Arrival has so many of the band’s best songs: Dancing Queen, Money Money Money, Knowing Me, Knowing You – those are the classics, but the whole album is filled with incredible songs. There’s no filler. They weren’t just a singles band, they were an amazing albums band.

“Yes, they had a slightly cheesy image, but then most people did in the ‘70s. But ABBA were absolute masters of their craft. Benny and Bjorn wrote some of the genius songs of the times.

“A lot of people, when you say, ‘I love ABBA,’ they snigger wryly, as if you’re being post-modern and ironic. But I’m not. I hold ABBA up there with Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.”
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Another reason to never listen to Steve Wilson.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Another reason to listen to Ghost
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I love that the comments on this Instagram picture of the A Perfect Circle and Puscifer releases Maynard posted are just people talking shit about Avenged Sevenfold.

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

[youtube][/youtube]
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Funny thing... I'm no ABBA fan, but I'd rather listen to ABBA than Scissor Sisters any day.

PS - despite Tyson's title change, he'll always be Fourtheye's "Weak Piece Of Shit".
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Nice
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:Funny thing... I'm no ABBA fan, but I'd rather listen to ABBA than Scissor Sisters any day.

PS - despite Tyson's title change, he'll always be Fourtheye's "Weak Piece Of Shit".
What am I Foutheye's?
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Funny thing... I'm no ABBA fan, but I'd rather listen to ABBA than Scissor Sisters any day.

What am I Foutheye's?
anustart
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

So this is how his father looks like.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Maynard gives back to his community.

http://www.masoncountypress.com/2013/12 ... ling-team/

Rock star Maynard Keenan comes home to help MCC wrestling team
December 7, 2013
By Rob Alway. Editor-in-Chief.

SCOTTVILLE — Most of the world knows Maynard James Keenan as a rock star. He is probably best known as the vocalist for the Grammy Award-winning band Tool along with the bands A Perfect Circle and Puscifer. Most recently, he has turned much of his interests towards his Arizona vineyards and wineries.

But, for many of us here in Mason County, he’s Jim Keenan, Mason County Central Class of ‘82, wrestler and all-state runner. That’s who he’s been this week. Keenan flew in Tuesday and since Wednesday has been practicing with the MCC wrestling team, getting them ready for Saturday’s Optimist Tournament in Scottville.

Keenan was at today’s tournament cheering on the team, along with his dad, former MCC teacher and wrestling coach Mike Keenan, who lives in Eden Township.

“I got involved with the team last year after I found out that Jim Allen was coaching,” Maynard said. “Jim and I wrestled together and I knew that he would give the kids the type of work ethic and pride that we grew up with. I knew they would have the drive under Jim’s leadership.”

Allen said he got a call from Maynard last year asking what he could do to help the team.

“I said that we wanted to send the kids down to Olivet College to the wrestling camp there, but a lot of them didn’t have the money. So, he required the kids to write an essay about what wrestling means to them and why it was important for them to go the camp. He paid for all 16 kids to go down there.”

Maynard said he knew the Olivet program would benefit the wrestlers.

“I was not a very good wrestler. But, when our team went to Olivet it made a big difference in my own wrestling and also my teammates.” Maynard said that he was happy to make the investment.

“Once you’re a wrestler, it’s just something that sticks with you,” Allen said. “Maynard — I call him Jim — is very humble. He may be a rock star traveling the world but his heart is here in Scottville, helping these kids.”

“Last year Maynard showed up and made a lot of observations,” Allen said. “This year he got on the mats and practiced with the kids. I’m not really sure if a lot of them realize how big of a deal this is. Like I said, he’s very humble.”

“I took a look at all the people who Coach Allen had helping out and many of these guys were teammates of mine. I figured I wanted to do what I could to help these wrestlers be successful.”

Athletic Director Tim Genson, who also went to school with Maynard, said it’s a great inspiration for the students.

“He’s an alumnus of MCC. He came from this town, that’s pretty cool,” Genson said. “We really appreciate him being here showing the kids that he cares about their success.”

MCC teacher and cross-country coach Ed Sanders said having Maynard help the kids is a tremendous boost to their morale. Sanders said he was a freshman when Maynard was a senior and he remembers that he was a great runner. “It’s great to see MCC alumni be successful but it’s even greater to see them come home and take stock in our kids.”

Maynard said he’s impressed with the team.

“They have a lot of talent here and these kids have a lot of potential. It’s a good team.”

Mike Keenan was wrestling coach in the late ‘70s up until 1982. He’s been hanging out with the team as well. He said he’s been enjoying watching his former team now coach a new generation.

Professionally, Keenan said he’s been working on some music projects but spends most of his time at his wine operation, Merkin Vineyards and Caduceus Cellars near Jerome, Az.
gerbil
My pain is just an excuse

Post by gerbil »

That's actually downright decent of the man.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Who gives a flying fuck about Maynard and the Wrestling team?

As of the last newsletter that "world famous multitasker" was hard at work on a new, "complex", Tool song.

Danny in Hawaii.

Maynard at Wrestling Practice.

Adam ready to give birth.

Justin doing god knows what.

Yeah hard at work finishing up that new album.

Pathetic.
gerbil

Post by gerbil »

In this age of digital media where I can pick of a microphone and record my guitar anywhere and anytime I want, you think Maynard will have trouble doing a few things at once?

I love hating on Nardo as much as the next Tool fan but c'mon.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

mog. gerbil, gerbil, mog
tool hate is mog's ...ummm....shall we say...it's his 'MO, G!'
ha
get it
modus operandi
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

ilikecheese wrote:mog. gerbil, gerbil, mog
ha
get it
modus operandi
Mornin Cheese. Fuck Auburn :p Go FSU

Fuck Tool, just getting that out of the way

@Gerbil - Just calling bullshit whenever I see it, particularly as it relates to Tool, who at this point, have become one of the laziest and most unprofessional bands on the planet. In fact it is so bad it is borderline comical at this point. Will easily be 8 years between albums. And with no significant traction and the snails pace things are going at I suspect it will end up being closer to 9 years between albums before it is all said and done, which is fucking pathetic.

If you like, I can recommend a ton of excellent bands worth checking out that are releasing excellent music on a regular basis. Talented musicians who respect their fans and work hard to deliver a quality product. Bands that don't rest on past laurels and who represent their "brand" in a professional manner.
gerbil

Post by gerbil »

MOG wrote:
ha
get it
modus operandi
If you like, I can recommend a ton of excellent bands worth checking out that are releasing excellent music on a regular basis. Talented musicians who respect their fans and work hard to deliver a quality product. Bands that don't rest on past laurels and who represent their "brand" in a professional manner.
That's totally good advice (I'd love to hear some recommendations).

Having said that, I'm not a teen hanging on Maynard's dick or anything (okay, okay, I'm a Puscifer and big APC fan, too).

Either way, yeah. I remember when Tool was totes a lifestyle. And I was so super sophisticated for listening to them.

I don't agree that they've necessarily been completely unprofessional or whatever. They're just serving up a heaping pile of whatever the fuck the diehards want to eat up.

I think they made some dumbass decisions by starting things like Tool Army which turned out not to be really viable in the long term. And whatever happened to the video for Vicarious or The Pot.

Anyway, I'm just saying I'm not waiting with bated breath for Systema Encéphale (I had to look that up) or whatever.

I'm way more invested in other bands that don't feature Maynard and company.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

gerbil wrote:
MOG wrote:
ha
get it
modus operandi
That's totally good advice (I'd love to hear some recommendations).

Having said that, I'm not a teen hanging on Maynard's dick or anything (okay, okay, I'm a Puscifer and big APC fan, too).

Either way, yeah. I remember when Tool was totes a lifestyle. And I was so super sophisticated for listening to them.

I don't agree that they've necessarily been completely unprofessional or whatever. They're just serving up a heaping pile of whatever the fuck the diehards want to eat up.

I think they made some dumbass decisions by starting things like Tool Army which turned out not to be really viable in the long term. And whatever happened to the video for Vicarious or The Pot.

Anyway, I'm just saying I'm not waiting with bated breath for Systema Encéphale (I had to look that up) or whatever.

I'm way more invested in other bands that don't feature Maynard and company.
Good shit. I think we will get on quite well.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Reality check for Mog:

Instead of a "rock star", Maynard is now your personal friend, somebody you are tight with.
He's working on various things, one of which, in particular, you have been waiting for him to finish, but it's taking him quite a while to complete.

Now, imagine having a conversation with him face to face about it.

You could let him know the wait is pissing you off, and you think he's lazy, etc. He would give you his reasons, and you would either accept them and move on, or maybe you would go your separate ways. Extrapolate that for the other members of Tool, whatever....

Bottom line / TL;DR: The relentless way you're obsessing about this whole thing is not good for you, and it's obviously rubbing most forum members the wrong way (even those who pretty much agree with your basic argument). You may consider just letting this shit roll off your back and focus on the non-Tool related aspects of FourthEye, which you've said is the reason you're still participating here.

Unless you relish the negative attention, in which case: bummer for you.

Anyway, just my $.02