Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

I don't understand this infatuation with Tool's wives.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

It's all we have until a new album.

Speaking of which, I wonder what retarded name May May will give his kid this time, I heard he used to love Kiss.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Eugene if it's a boy. Ronnie Dobbs if it's not his.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Not Tyson wrote:It's all we have until a new album.

Speaking of which, I wonder what retarded name May May will give his kid this time, I heard he used to love Kiss.
Ruprecht if its a boy, Topaz if its a girl.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

It will have a penis.
It will be named Michael Lorax Keenan
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Bill Hilly wrote:I don't understand this infatuation with Tool's wives.
Coming next month on A&E!! The TOOL Wives.
Fuck Mountain
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fuck Mountain »

I'm not sure whether to be proud or horrified but I'm pretty sure I was the person who started the ball on criticizing MJK for posting the pic of him watching the UFC fight on his laptop before the Tool show.

He deleted the pic (and all the MJK criticizing comments) yesterday and replaced it with a more PR-sensitive version.

It's an interesting moment when you piss off one of the most important (if sort of massively uptight and ornery) musicians who have influenced your life.

-Wilkpics/Sianspheric
Last edited by Fuck Mountain on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Krazy_blah wrote:Tool's Twitter, don't ask me why I follow it- pretty much a waste of bandwidth- recently has been saying "see you again soon" Past three shows I think.

Feel free to speculate/ejaculate to whatever it might mean.
Interesting. Surprised no one else has said anything about this.
Hey! Denty!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

what about the 'Japanese metal' video posted? pretty fucking hardcore
go taff!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

budsyralli wrote:what about the 'Japanese metal' video posted? pretty fucking hardcore
little help...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Fuck Mountain
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fuck Mountain »

for anyone interested, this was the pic Maynard had posted, that he ended up deleting later (and the entire conversation)

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Fuck Mountain wrote:I'm not sure whether to be proud or horrified but I'm pretty sure I was the person who started the ball on criticizing MJK for posting the pic of him watching the UFC fight on his laptop before the Tool show.

He deleted the pic (and all the MJK criticizing comments) yesterday and replaced it with a more PR-sensitive version.

It's an interesting moment when you piss off one of the most important (if sort of massively uptight and ornery) musicians who have influenced your life.

-Wilkpics/Sionanspheric
I wouldn't press on it. If the Nard wants to Fuck around on all that lame ass social media shit that is on him. I don't get why you fans even care about any of it. If I cared about Tool at all at this point my only question would be when is the new album coming out. As for Maynard you can't spend years in the dark and then expect everyone to embrace everything you have to say just because you share a photo or two. Welcome to social media Jimmy. Where every motherfucker, dumb or otherwise, has an opinion on everything.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Fuck Mountain
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fuck Mountain »

Well, the point wasn't about social media.

I'm all over social media too, my objection to that pic, which I voiced in the Instagram comments and got equal parts support and shit for speaking up, was that I think a lot of fans alresdy think Tool is Maynard's cash cow yet in terms of his passions it's his lowest priority in life right now.

He cares about Caduceus, his wife, his friends, coworkers, wine community in AZ, Puscifer, APC, mma, all this shit. Tool is where he goes to perform for less than 2 hours a night but he makes the money to fund everything else.

So when you are on stage, with Tool, show some fucking respect, don't be trying to tap a weak wifi signal in an arena to try and watch a UFC stream while on stage behind Adam with the lights dimmed. Act like you give a fuck. Don't post Instagram photos that sort of make people think you are phoning it in for the next few hours and checking the UFC updates in the process.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I agree he shouldn't have done it or at least not be surprised by some reactions.

However, to be fair, a couple of years ago he did pretty much the same thing before and during a Puscifer show. It's just a habit.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I presumed it was a joke. Why so serious?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I get your point. I agree entirely but I just don't get any of the social media shit. To old for Twatter and Fuckbook. When I want to communicate with friends or family I call or visit. Anyway kind of a shame it got deleted. If you put something out there you should have to live with the repercussions good or bad. Whatever dialogue the post spurred should have stayed.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:When I want to communicate with friends or family I call or visit.
Never understood that argument. It's like you're saying there only one form of communication. I see most of my family on a weekly basis, but that doesn't stop me sharing stuff with them online as well.

Not trying to argue the point that everyone should use social media, but generally I find that most arguments that those who staunchly refuse to do so are illogical.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote:I get your point. I agree entirely but I just don't get any of the social media shit. To old for Twatter and Fuckbook. When I want to communicate with friends or family I call or visit. Anyway kind of a shame it got deleted. If you put something out there you should have to live with the repercussions good or bad. Whatever dialogue the post spurred should have stayed.
I think when you trade on celebrity that's fair enough but we do need to look for protections when it comes to many people on the net in particular kids. I have recently acquired a fuckface account but I don't use my real name or particularly identifying info. I use it to track bands. A couple of close friends have added me so its kinda like a private joke which I like. I watched that facebook movies (the name escapes me) for the first time last night and it was a reminder of how quickly the social landscape has changed but then again not really.. Sure people end up with mistakes that appear immortalised but really, like with most things, they are so much more important to the individual than they are to anyone else.

Its probably like a nudist colony (although I've never been) when there are so many people doing it you just get over it and putting your clothes back on and pretending it never happened is a little silly.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:I find that most arguments that those who staunchly refuse to do so are illogical.
I think it's a massive time suck (it would take me away from FourthEye!)
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
M0G wrote:When I want to communicate with friends or family I call or visit.
Never understood that argument. It's like you're saying there only one form of communication. I see most of my family on a weekly basis, but that doesn't stop me sharing stuff with them online as well.

Not trying to argue the point that everyone should use social media, but generally I find that most arguments that those who staunchly refuse to do so are illogical.
I don't care to share much. I value my privacy and the privacy of others. I don't need to know that my second cousins dog has a stomach flu. I simply don't care. Don't care about the gossip train. Don't care to read through pages of uneducated opinions. To each their own.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

@ cheese
go taff!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by BlackHole83 »

Fuck Mountain wrote:I'm not sure whether to be proud or horrified but I'm pretty sure I was the person who started the ball on criticizing MJK for posting the pic of him watching the UFC fight on his laptop before the Tool show.

-Wilkpics/Sianspheric
That's fucking awesome. I'd do the same if I were him. I love UFC and if I can fit it in around my work I would do the same. He loves the UFC as many of us do. He's a normal dude with normal habits.

Edit: nevermind I saw the photo. Not a big deal man.
Last edited by BlackHole83 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

I'm honestly surprised Maynard's not watching reruns of Seinfeld on google glass while singing at tool concerts by now
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote:
M0G wrote:I get your point. I agree entirely but I just don't get any of the social media shit. To old for Twatter and Fuckbook. When I want to communicate with friends or family I call or visit. Anyway kind of a shame it got deleted. If you put something out there you should have to live with the repercussions good or bad. Whatever dialogue the post spurred should have stayed.
I think when you trade on celebrity that's fair enough but we do need to look for protections when it comes to many people on the net in particular kids. I have recently acquired a fuckface account but I don't use my real name or particularly identifying info. I use it to track bands. A couple of close friends have added me so its kinda like a private joke which I like. I watched that facebook movies (the name escapes me) for the first time last night and it was a reminder of how quickly the social landscape has changed but then again not really.. Sure people end up with mistakes that appear immortalised but really, like with most things, they are so much more important to the individual than they are to anyone else.
Iin
Its probably like a nudist colony (although I've never been) when there are so many people doing it you just get over it and putting your clothes back on and pretending it never happened is a little silly.
Absolutely agree that protections need to be in place for children online.

Dealing in reality though if you, as an adult put something out to the public, the consequences are on you. You made that choice. Knowing what I do for a living very little of what you put online is actually secure. Assuming anyone is going to protect you or your information is a mistake. It is all about personal responsibility. If you put something out for public consumption don't be surprised by the outcome. I am not saying it is healthy to live in the kind of social vacuum that I do, but in all things, common sense should win the day.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: I don't care to share much. I value my privacy and the privacy of others. I don't need to know that my second cousins dog has a stomach flu. I simply don't care. Don't care about the gossip train. Don't care to read through pages of uneducated opinions. To each their own.
Cool, that's a much better argument than a pretentious "if I want to speak to them I'll call them" statement.
Dealing in reality though if you, as an adult put something out to the public, the consequences are on you. You made that choice.
The problem with that statement is it's very easy to control what you post online about yourself, regardless of if you use social media or not. You're right when you say adults need to deal with the consequences, but there are idiots out there who engage in social media as well as those that don't. What you can't control is what other post about you, which I suspect is the issue for most.

My point of view is that it's more useful to be proactive about what information is online about yourself, rather than stick your head in the sand and hope that no one says anything bad.