Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:Wtf?
nm
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

markuspoop wrote:I was embarrassed when I got shown this earlier and feel dirty posting it

Guess it's from his tweetter or facespace or mybook or instantgram or tumbler or whatever it is these youngins' are using these days.

Maybe the Metamucil and Prune Juice will help force the bug out of his ass that has been living there for the last 20 years
The most intelligent person on this forum
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

yaaboff
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I think we'll definitely hear some influences from these segues in the future.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Damn, never heard that particular version of the first segue before. That's nice. Any idea which show that's from?
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

From the description on that video:

New segues and some old combined, plus the middle part on Ticks. Here's all the segues used:
2002 Schism Intro
2002 Schism (Soft Middle)
2007 46 & 2 Intro
2007 Flood Intro
2007 Vicarious Intro
2012 Schism Intro
2012 Ticks (Middle)
2014 Schism Intro
2014 Opiate Intro
2014 Opiate (New Middle Part)
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I recognized it as the new Schism "opening," just wasn't sure which specific show. It seems obvious it was that one (I think there's only one so far?) IEM boot someone got.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

so you are saying they have been secretly writing and playing us this new album since 2002 one intro/middle/outro at a time?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ettan wrote: [BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
I doubt the new album will sound anything like that. Sounds lazy, meandering and unfocused. I think one of the reasons they've been taking so long is because they're throwing out anything that sounds like they're going backward. They'll want to "reinvent" themselves somewhat for the new release. I'm expecting the new album to sound like Tool but not like Tool if you get my drift. I think a lot of the new material is going to come completely out of left field and surprise us all - but with the all too familiar Tool trademark sound lingering in the background...

Just a thought anyway.
Last edited by Calfium Jay on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Missing the 2010 Schism Intro! That shit is epic

I know a lot of people brush these intros off as not much, and I would agree that some of them are unfocused, but I for one hope they end up on the new album in some form or another...
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Calfium Jay wrote:
I doubt the new album will sound anything like that. Sounds lazy, meandering and unfocused. I think one of the reasons they've been taking so long is because they throwing out anything that sounds like they're going backward. They'll want to "reinvent" themselves somewhat for the new release. I'm expecting the new album to sound like Tool but not like Tool if you get my drift. I think a lot of the new material is going to come completely out of left field and surprise us all - but with the all too familiar Tool trademark sound lingering in the background...

Just a thought anyway.
Spot on.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

doors wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:
I doubt the new album will sound anything like that. Sounds lazy, meandering and unfocused. I think one of the reasons they've been taking so long is because they throwing out anything that sounds like they're going backward. They'll want to "reinvent" themselves somewhat for the new release. I'm expecting the new album to sound like Tool but not like Tool if you get my drift. I think a lot of the new material is going to come completely out of left field and surprise us all - but with the all too familiar Tool trademark sound lingering in the background...

Just a thought anyway.
Spot on.
I agree with that as well. It will def continue the path of an evolving sound with the familiar TOOL we are all accustomed to. I'm sure it will def turn the casual fan off, but like with their previous albums it will take time to take in and appreciate what it truly is. I for one don't really give a shit when it does come, as long as they fucking bring it if you know what I mean. Most bands have an album which is 'meh', but I doubt that will happen with Tool. They take too fucking long for that to happen, so in a sense we should appreciate the wait. Besides once it finally does arrive, then what?? Let's enjoy the anticipation because there is no guarantee there will be anymore in the future.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Neat vid - good to have them all in one clip like that. Hadn't heard the T&L before; it almost seems necessary for a gig.

I think you could submit to a critical audience a pretty decent argument that the new part of Opiate and the 4min jam surfacing in '12 will be somewhere around the mark this time.

Throwing some rough numbers out here - there's 4.28 and 4.15 of material. 78mins max on a cd = 11.18% of your new album. 84 months since 10k days was released... so we're on track (pun intended) for 100% circa Nov '68. Boom.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm sure pieces of a lot of that will make it in, in some form or fashion. Most will probably only end up one piece of one riff or something, or not at all. You can listen to that initial version of Jambi they released from that webcast years ago and see how radically that changed. Same here.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Listened to the above vid and had to post. The audio in that video, consists of covers of some of their live jams, or at least someone playing along to the live jams and recording it. Sounds like some programmed drums too. Sounds good, but it's not Tool.

Also, for you guys saying these new jams Tool has been playing won't end up on the new album is foolish. I'm sure they will, they have done this in the past with Wings, etc... jamming on it before it was released years later. I understand people want the new stuff to be reinventing the wheel, but it won't. It will sound like Tool. These new jams are good, if these end up on the new album in some form I'd be happy with it.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The video is Tool. They just mixed various things over each other. It kind of sounds like some of it was manipulated to the point where the pitch was affected a bit as well. But it's definitely Tool through all of it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I can't wait for the new album so I'll make my own?

pft
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

As seen on TA.....SHENANIGANS?
I'm fairly certain that I know who one of the unannounced award presenters will be for the Revolver Golden Gods hard-rock and heavy-metal awards show tonight at Club Nokia. At least he didn't have to pay $666.00

Show will be streaming on Amazon, vh1.com, vh1classic.com and will air a one-hour special on May 24th.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm guessing Danny. Doesn't seem like something the others would do.

Maybe Justin but he's the least famous of the 4.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

GAWD that's gonna be a stinky room
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

joeypants wrote:I'm sure pieces of a lot of that will make it in, in some form or fashion. Most will probably only end up one piece of one riff or something, or not at all. You can listen to that initial version of Jambi they released from that webcast years ago and see how radically that changed. Same here.
Link to mentioned webcast please....
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Saying that webcast was Jambi is a massive stretch.

From about 17:00 onwards.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

hellboy wrote:Saying that webcast was Jambi is a massive stretch.

From about 17:00 onwards.
Thanks!!!! Not sure how that sounds like Jambi at all though
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

iloveposters wrote: Thanks!!!! Not sure how that sounds like Jambi at all though
There's a very vague similarity, but as I said it's a stretch. It mostly just sounds like "Tool fucking around in the Loft" to me, as do most of the live segues people post as new material.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Danny & Justin presenting the Best Drummer award at the Golden Gods Awards