Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

I bet Blair gets a fuckton of hate mail.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Probably so.

And now that I think about it the comment section on their faceyspacey page is probably what he means.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 pm

I hear that the boo birds are out in numbers whenever they are vacationing in Hawaii and Alaska.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ilikecheese » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 am

Heh...you're curious...butt no time for that now!

Still, I do not get the premise of the 'problem.' (8?)
I don't claim to know anything about this case in particular;
I don't see why anyone, TOOL included, would hire an insurance company because of a lawsuit brought on by an artist.
Makes no sense.
"Oh no, I'm being sued!"

"Better call...Allstate?"
(And no, I'm not saying what you just heard in your head when you read that last phrase.)
And then the 'allstate' in this charade turns tail and sues them too?
HA! TOOL must be dicks!
lmao

Oh, and did Cam trademark that art?

because if he DIDIN'T

because if he DIDIN'T

He should have.
My my my
Once bitten twice shy, baby.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

BlackHole83
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by BlackHole83 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 am

Meh, it will get done when it gets done. No need to look too much into this, it's not our affairs anyways. Hopefully that shit can get resolved soon.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 am

ilikecheese wrote:Heh...you're curious...butt no time for that now!

Still, I do not get the premise of the 'problem.' (8?)
I don't claim to know anything about this case in particular;
I don't see why anyone, TOOL included, would hire an insurance company because of a lawsuit brought on by an artist.
Makes no sense.
"Oh no, I'm being sued!"

"Better call...Allstate?"
(And no, I'm not saying what you just heard in your head when you read that last phrase.)
And then the 'allstate' in this charade turns tail and sues them too?
HA! TOOL must be dicks!
lmao

Oh, and did Cam trademark that art?

because if he DIDIN'T

because if he DIDIN'T

He should have.
My my my
Once bitten twice shy, baby.
Yes, exactly what I was thinking.
Hey! Denty!

void
Fanboi
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by void » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 am

Not that anyone asked for it... just my 2 cents on this whole thing:

The original lawsuit sucked, Cam De Leon's artwork was great... but it's over and settled now.

The insurance company lawsuit sucks even more... but it makes sense, these companies will do anything to avoid doing their job or paying out money.

Neither are a valid excuse as to why it's taken them this long to produce a couple songs.

Maynard has already insinuated, in the press and other places, that the guys in Tool besides him... are lazy... numerous times.

User avatar
ms2r
Pencildick
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 am

Noyce!

The race between the new TooL album and the Winds of Winter gets more and more exciting! Who will be first!

George RR Martin vs Danny, Adam, Justin & Maynard.

User avatar
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by badkittygothgirl » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 am

^^^ Hahaha

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Protohype
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Calfium Jay » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 am

Yeah, he's NEVER taken the "well there other circumstances involved beyond our control" path when asked about progress of new material.

As you say, he hints at the fact that the other three "take forever" to write the music and that he finds this incredibly "frustrating".

Still, it's beyond me how an argument in the courts over some unpaid licencing agreements regarding artwork could have such a devastating effect on the creative process.

Doesn't ring true....

You'd think that if anything Adam's divorce and the death of Danny's father would constitute more of a hindrance. But those two events don't even get a looksee in the Rolling Stone interview.
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 am

Tool's shit stinks so bad right now that the Social Media thread has turned into The Grudge. Amen.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 am

Assuming that the lawsuit is the only reason for the delay is foolish. The fact that it was the only one discussed in yesterdays article doesn't imply that Tool are using it solely to blame for the delay in the new album.

User avatar
ms2r
Pencildick
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:26 am

They just had other things to do which interested them more on a personal level.

Like George RR Martin says when people ask on when winds of winter will be released and he should hurry up and not waste time on side-projects & tours:
"I am not your Bitch."

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:28 am

Personally I don't think Tool should be giving any excuses for the new album. They are completely unneccessary and tend to cause more angst and misconceptions. The less said until there is tangible progress on the new album the better.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:29 am

Now the carbon tax is repealed we should see some results any day now.

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:30 am

That's true, Hellboy. I think most of us get that. The problem is, as I mentioned a couple days ago, the contrasting views of the delay between actual band members. What's up with all of Maynard's tongue and cheek suggestions for the delay? Why has Danny said for 3 years now that the album is close and studio time is near? Why is Adam using Rolling Stone and other news outlets as a forum to air out some laundry right now when we haven't had any real news in months? Why does he have to mention again that he doesn't give a fuck about the fans and then mentions that the fans need to know? It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 am

Bill Hilly wrote:That's true, Hellboy. I think most of us get that. The problem is, as I mentioned a couple days ago, the contrasting views of the delay between actual band members. What's up with all of Maynard's tongue and cheek suggestions for the delay? Why has Danny said for 3 years now that the album is close and studio time is near? Why is Adam using Rolling Stone and other news outlets as a forum to air out some laundry right now when we haven't had any real news in months? Why does he have to mention again that he doesn't give a fuck about the fans and then mentions that the fans need to know? It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
They're a famous band. People want to interview them and ask questions, in particular about the new album. In reality, they can't just go around saying "no comment" in regards to that question. How far did that get Maynard? Scorn from almost every Tool analyst and Grudge poster on the net.

Unless Tool have a tour, or some form of release, they should politely decline all media requests for interviews in my opinion. It's a little harder for Maynard though, as he tends to be in the spot light a little more with Puscifer & APC commitments.

As to contrasting quotes on where the album is? I suspect Maynard is largely out of the loop. It's well documented that Danny is an optomist in regards to releases. Not just Tool, but remember how long Volto! took to come out.

I can only hazard to guess why Rolling Stone have been talking to Tool. Perhaps news of the lawsuit will be hitting the media soon, and they wanted to get some form of statement out there. Perhaps there's something else about to hit us - the curveball perhaps? It does seem a little strange to me tat Adam & Danny would all of a sudden be interviewed about a legal matter of all things. Perhaps there is a part of the interview we haven't seen yet.

As much as I wish they would say nothing, that's not necessarily realistic!

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:40 am

hellboy wrote:Assuming that the lawsuit is the only reason for the delay is foolish. The fact that it was the only one discussed in yesterdays article doesn't imply that Tool are using it solely to blame for the delay in the new album.
You can't deny that Jones is using it as a scapegoat and a massive excuse, though, in the media.

So much for getting to know someone....
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:41 am

Bill Hilly wrote:It's all so contradicting that it really does sound like some lame ass April Fool's joke......that's been going on for 5 years now.
Maybe, there is plenty of evidence out there to suggest the legal case is a legitimate concern for the band, though probably not to the extent that perhaps Adam or Danny are letting on. Bear in mind that Rolling Stone have a fair say in what is emphasised in the article. Context is important.

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:43 am

Why not "no comment"? That's all Adam said to the fans that forked out 500 lazy bones for the VIP. Also, I find it very hard to believe that Maynard is out of the loop with anything Tool related. Good points otherwise.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:44 am

The Boss wrote: You can't deny that Jones is using it as a scapegoat and a massive excuse, though, in the media.
As I hinted above, let's not forget who wrote the article. Rolling Stone are moving with the part of the interview they think will generate more clicks.

I don't think Adam is aiming to make the legal case as big a deal in the delay as some of you guys are making out.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 am

Bill Hilly wrote:Why not "no comment"? That's all Adam said to the fans that forked out 500 lazy bones for the VIP.
Well, I'm not a huge fan of the VIP sessions either to be honest.
Bill Hilly wrote:Also, I find it very hard to believe that Maynard is out of the loop with anything Tool related. Good points otherwise.
How would you explain the disconnect then? He's out of the loop in that he's not in the Loft every time they rehearse, so can only go on what he's told by the other three, and I bet they pick and choose what to send him.

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:56 am

hellboy wrote:
How would you explain the disconnect then? He's out of the loop in that he's not in the Loft every time they rehearse, so can only go on what he's told by the other three, and I bet they pick and choose what to send him.
Tool states they are a democratic band split 4 ways. If that is truly the case, Maynard has just as much say as to what is picked and chosen. Maynard supposedly got a demo of some rough tracks, has heard music during recent tours, and I guarantee actually communicates with the other band members through phone, email, and in person. He knows where the album is at.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 am

Bill Hilly wrote:
hellboy wrote:
How would you explain the disconnect then? He's out of the loop in that he's not in the Loft every time they rehearse, so can only go on what he's told by the other three, and I bet they pick and choose what to send him.
Tool states they are a democratic band split 4 ways. If that is truly the case, Maynard has just as much say as to what is picked and chosen. Maynard supposedly got a demo of some rough tracks, has heard music during recent tours, and I guarantee actually communicates with the other band members through phone, email, and in person. He knows where the album is at.
Cool, I don't disagree with you.

void
Fanboi
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by void » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 am

I agree with hellboy, the less they say... the better. We can all assume a lot of factors delayed the album...lawsuits, divorce, injury, parents dying, children being born, their slow writing process in general...

Also, maybe they have written a large amount of material or songs up to this point. And while a band member like Danny might be into a lot of it... Adam decides they can do better, and decides to scrap it and begin writing newer stuff. Who knows? But it's not that far fetched... especially with Adam's last comment in the Rolling Stone article, about not wanting to regret releasing a single piece of music.

Post Reply