Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

I take it Adam's BFF was not his best man in the wedding.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

If there’s one thing that can be said about Tool records, it’s that they’re always worth the wait… any idea on when it will be ready?

“Ah man, I really appreciate that. It’s refreshing to be interviewed by someone that loves music and actually knows about our band. Some of the journalists we’ve dealt with… it’s been insulting to be interviewed by people that don’t bother following music or even seem to like it at all – it’s just a gig for them to get a paycheck. This lawsuit has really gotten in the way, all we want to do is get it behind us so we can focus on what we do best. I don’t want to just get it out and worry about the next record, then look back and go, ‘Why did I do that? It’s a piece of crap.’ I want to sleep well at night, it’s my legacy you know? Some day, I’m gonna croak and I wanna look back on what I did and go, ‘I worked really hard, took the time and had integrity.’ I know our fans are frustrated and obviously want to hear new music. You gotta look at that in a good way and think, ‘Wow – they really like us and they want more!’ To be honest, you can’t beat that feeling at all.”

In other words.....NOT FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!!!

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Jool
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Jool »

Tool confirms two albums are in their future. Zomg
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I know our fans are frustrated and obviously want to hear new music. You gotta look at that in a good way and think, ‘Wow – they really like us and they want more!’ To be honest, you can’t beat that feeling at all.”
Oh, shut the fuck up, Jone$.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Please take a moment to consider that we have a Grudge thread for a reason.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

*takes moment*
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Seemed like the first half of an interview. Ended abruptly i thought.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Seemed like the first half of an interview. Ended abruptly i thought.
I hate things that end abru
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

ilikecheese wrote:*takes moment*
Did you pay for it?
Professor of Lesbian Science
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Something about that interview didn't sit well with me. It was just too fucking cheesy.

He does sound very emotional about this whole court process (as one would). But it is out of their hands now and it's best just to let their blood sucking lawyers deal with it. It will end eventually.

In the meantime.......
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

So the art was used in the 90's, the policy was taken out with AIM for 2002-2003 coverage, and the claim was made in 2005. Kinda weird.
What's the deal with taking out an insurance policy to insure you for damages that you know are on their way? Doesn't seem like something the insurers would be queueing out the door to get your pen on their paper for... unless there's some disclosure issues.

Granted the whole thing's a drainer; I get that. Nothing owed to me, etc. Consider though comparative productivity of MJK the past ~7yrs who's been under the same 4-way band pump - pretty remarkable.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ If this truly has been dragged out over the mentioned time frame, then it would make sense why MJK would pursue other projects so intensely. He has some some decent financial advisors in his ear, and whatever happens with TOOL, new album or not, he will be truly covered. Slick move man.

Financially, I do not feel sorry for any of them as they will collect royalties until their days are done. I do not imagine DC banking too much off of Volto. I am not sure what the fuck the other two get up to outside of TOOL. And for the 1/5 cut to Adams "best friend" , I doubt it will ever happen.

In the end with all the hoopla aside, we wait...... Patiently
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

He's an old friend. Just man up and say yeah ok we did kinda fuck you with regards to using your art. You should have been compensated better. To make up for it how about we drop all this legal shit, we record an album, and you get your fair shares profit from it. He could do the artwork for the new album and blam! Everyone's happy. Tool releases an album, no one is getting sued. Cam gets a massive check, and Alex grey doesn't do the artwork. Win win win.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Too much bad blood, it will never happen. But I would love to see what Cam and Adam working together would come up with. We missed out on a lot of great work due to this bullshit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

The shit with Cam has already been settled.
It's the insurance companies that are still in litigation with Tool.
Professor of Lesbian Science
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

No way
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The stuff with Cam was settled out of court. Legally they may be on good terms with Cam, I'm not so sure about personally though. I doubt they will ever work together again.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I have it on good authority that there actually is no lawsuit and this is all a ruse. They're actually suing themselves. You can trust me, I know someone who's a lawyer.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:I have it on good authority that there actually is no lawsuit and this is all a ruse. They're actually suing themselves. You can trust me, I know someone who's a lawyer.
Ki77aan :twisted:
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

I've been thinking about all of this since the lawsuit news came out... I don't really consider this lawsuit BS to be a viable excuse to lose creative energy. Obviously Maynard's creative drive hasn't withered. Danny continues to play music and plug away. It seems like an excuses and assholes scenario... everyone can come up with one... typical, stinky, made up reason why Adam has writer's block. Danny reported, what, 4 years ago that Justin has been particularly prolific on this album and has been churning out wonderful riffs left and right. All signs point to Adam. Adam hasn't made any new videos... he has no other musical projects... he has, however, been able to play the star-spangled banner at the wrestling show, got divorced/married, and made a baby. So... is it really the lawsuit, Adam...or is it maybe that you aren't really focused on Tool like you used to be? It seems for a guy that would obsess over every frame of the music videos he made and obsess over every second of every song that maybe he has taken his eye off the ball. This seems like a much more viable excuse. He is worried about his legacy to the extent he'd rather waste his bandmates' musical prime than threaten his legacy with what he considers to be inadequate guitar. It sucks... he is everything to Tool! I don't buy the lawsuit bullshit. It's him taking his eye off the ball.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Maynard got another kiddo apparently?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yep. Anyone have any armchair comments about how she was delivered, or any subsequent lawsuits that may arise from said birthing? We're all dying to know.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

How about just a Congrats to the man and his lady. Enjoy the sleepless nights!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote:Yep. Anyone have any armchair comments about how she was delivered, or any subsequent lawsuits that may arise from said birthing? We're all dying to know.
I'm sure Tyson will be awake shortly.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It doesn't really make sense if you think about it though. Maynard is 50 years old, there's no way his sperm is strong enough to survive the hazards of a vagina. That can't actually be his kid. His wife is probably just using him for his money. Popping out some bastard child so that she'll get more if she divorces him. That's the way these things work. Same thing happened to my uncle.
Don't mow your lawn