Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig »

Good point but Opiate was just a new package with the same music.

We are talking about new/unreleased stuff here.

Though I suppose a 10K Days vinyl would fall into the same category as the Opiate re-release.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, but a Salival II would probably be done by Adam and you know his track record...
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yep, which is why I'm saying there will be no such thing released in the next 7 weeks.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think the possibility exists but I'm not counting on it.

I could also see it being problematic with their label since it could technically constitute a fifth album or whatever they needed to hit to be released from their contract.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This band and its antics is like a Soap Opera... As the Tool Turns? Days of our Tools?

I just hope they keep their heads down, their mouths shut and keep working on whatever the fuck it is they are working on. And we shouldn't hear any more bullshit from Blair until they are ready to ship/drop/deliver something. So far, so good lately.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I would frankly be shocked (even from this band) if they don't have Vinyl for the new album available for pre-order. You're missing out on stupid amounts of revenue (and cool packaging opportunities) if you don't offer that nowadays.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

I hope they have the same connection to each other these days as they have in that video. Good spirits
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

joeypants wrote:I would frankly be shocked (even from this band) if they don't have Vinyl for the new album available for pre-order. You're missing out on stupid amounts of revenue (and cool packaging opportunities) if you don't offer that nowadays.
One step at a time man. They haven't even released a 10K Days vinyl yet.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Not like it's hard to press vinyl so if they wanted to release a vinyl version of it they'd already done it by now. What 10K Days needs is a proper blu-ray remaster, good luck releasing that in psychical form... ;)
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ettan wrote:Not like it's hard to press vinyl so if they wanted to release a vinyl version of it they'd already done it by now. What 10K Days needs is a proper blu-ray remaster, good luck releasing that in psychical form... ;)
I think it's because they're waiting to release it a bit before the new album comes out.

I say this because the Lateralus vinyl wasn't released until a few months before 10K Days came out. If this is their "thing" now then we can genuinely get excited for a new album when they announce a 10K Days vinyl.
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

I wasn't aware of that actually, valid point. :)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
does hellboy even have a realistic possibility to hear some music before the general public? I understand he can get some news from sources, but what are the chances he actually hears tunes?
Unless they're going to have an advance listening party in Adelaide, I suspect it's unlikely. When the album promotional train starts rolling I'll hit Blair up and see what I can get my hands on.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
does hellboy even have a realistic possibility to hear some music before the general public? I understand he can get some news from sources, but what are the chances he actually hears tunes?
Unless they're going to have an advance listening party in Adelaide, I suspect it's unlikely. When the album promotional train starts rolling I'll hit Blair up and see what I can get my hands on.
right on... i will say the overall vibe from the newsletters is more positive than in years past. Starting to seems like something really is on the way, even adam is posting pics and such
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If Tool wanted to release something they would, I doubt the record company (who like to make money) would step in the way, and I doubt Tool would try and tell them it's the 5th album (unless it is - a Salival 2 clearly wouldn't be). I don't think they do at this point in time, and can't see them releasing anything before the new album.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Is it true that the band were invited over to Area 51 at some point, in order to gain "vibes and inspiration" for the new album?

I am hearing rumours.

And I'm not talkin' bout Fleetwood Mac here.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I don't believe the whole Problem 8 thing is real. I'd love to hear a left over Aenima track but if anything I'd bet it's just an unfinished jam at best. Much like the one buried in the excel file a few years back prior to the Lateralus release.

Another Salival type thing would be great. Some b-sides and some live tracks. There were segues cut from Lateralus due to time constraints so they could include them (ala Message to Harry Manback 2).
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

SoMuchChub wrote:I'd love to hear a left over Aenima track but if anything I'd bet it's just an unfinished jam at best. Much like the one buried in the excel file a few years back prior to the Lateralus release.
That's more than "a few years back" now. This sort of rings a bell, but can you elaborate? Link?
SoMuchChub

Post by SoMuchChub »

During one of the chats prior to Lateralus being released, there was an excel file that if you dragged into winamp or any other media player at the time, a very brief jam consisting more of Danny than anything else would play.

I'm not sure I still have it but I'll check when I'm home next. It really isn't anything to get excited about. I'm 99% sure it was supposed to be a Toolarmy exclusive.

It started with someone (Blair?) saying "I'm not reading this shit..." which was repeated over and over before stuttering out and then came the music.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm not so sure about that Excel/Winamp thing (that's a new one for me) but there is the ToolArmy exclusive for the webchat which was an instrumental track.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

OK, now I get what you were referring to. I definitely heard that, but it's been many years. Thanks for the details HB.
SoMuchChub

Post by SoMuchChub »

That's the one I was referring to. For some reason it was embedded in an excel file way back when I first got my hands on it. Definitely nothing to get excited about. As I recall that chat itself blew chunks as well.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I thought the chat was pretty interesting, and I enjoyed the track as well. It was a good time when ToolArmy was actually worth being part of. Makes me feel bad to see how shitty it has become :(
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I liked the track. Neat little jam. Wish it wasn't covered by the repeated "I'm not reading this".
Hey! Denty!