Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
basejumper
Droner

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper »

What year was that? 1800's? Where is the rest of the story?
Professor of Lesbian Science
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

basejumper wrote:What year was that? 1800's? Where is the rest of the story?
don't know, Blair put it up on the website a little while ago. go figure.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

basejumper wrote:What year was that? 1800's? Where is the rest of the story?

Click on the link Blair posted.

Got anymore brain busters for me?
Hey! Denty!
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

This months newsletter doesn't really say much. The second long song they're supposedly working on gives me hope that it might be a double album like others have suggested. God that would be good.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

"...but there is still quite a way to go before the actual studio recording process begins. I will try to get a better update next week, and, if so, will post it in the news section."

:(
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It was an optimistic newsletter, I enjoyed it. Given the upcoming holidays it's no surprise that we probably wouldn't see Tool hitting the studio until well into 2015 now. I still think they can crank it out for the end of 2015, but we'll see I guess...
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I was thinking the new Tool would be out well before new Star Wars. But now....not so confident. Doesn't sound like they'll hit the studio much before May 2015.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Calfium Jay wrote:I was thinking the new Tool would be out well before new Star Wars. But now....not so confident. Doesn't sound like they'll hit the studio much before May 2015.
I didn't read the newsletter yet but I've read Hellboy's excerpt and boy it does look pretty good! if you read the last 4 news updates it looks like the writing process is fuckin rolling! if that lengthy track is the 2nd of 2 then it might be time to get re-re-excited again.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I thought the newsletter was packed with news (by Tool standards). May Jay is officially involved which is streets ahead of anywhere they've been in the past few years. The second long song is definitely a welcome surprise, bring it on.

I'm starting to think Problem 8 is real :/
Hey! Denty!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

[QUOTE=asymptotic;3150581]Via Fourtheye, "A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab." (my emphasis)

Sigh. This is confirmation that the downward trajectory of the lyrical quality that began with 10,000 Days will continue.[/QUOTE]

You can't get blood out of a stone.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

lo7us wrote:
asymptotic;3150581 wrote:Via Fourtheye, "A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab." (my emphasis)

Sigh. This is confirmation that the downward trajectory of the lyrical quality that began with 10,000 Days will continue.
Your obsession with this working title is fascinating--- That it would indicate a downward trajectory of lyrical quality of a song (that likely hasn't even had lyrics laid down to it yet) is hilarious. Please... tell me what other findings you've made based on this temporary label. Will Tool's new record have an Arabic feel? Will they use words like "Durka Durka Durka" and "Muhammad Jihad" to express their malcontent with the state of the Middle East? Will we, at long last, find that Tool prefers bouncing a ball to dribbling it?

You do realize that in the past they used to make up a whole bunch of words for song titles and let people mull over their meanings for months until the real song list was released and none of them were on there. So, please... let's analyze this working title for it's REEEEAAAAL meaning.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

60fps Tool is exactly what I need
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

inspiration_tactic wrote:
lo7us wrote:
asymptotic;3150581 wrote:Via Fourtheye, "A working title for one of the new songs is Bouncing Arab." (my emphasis)

Sigh. This is confirmation that the downward trajectory of the lyrical quality that began with 10,000 Days will continue.
Your obsession with this working title is fascinating--- That it would indicate a downward trajectory of lyrical quality of a song (that likely hasn't even had lyrics laid down to it yet) is hilarious. Please... tell me what other findings you've made based on this temporary label. Will Tool's new record have an Arabic feel? Will they use words like "Durka Durka Durka" and "Muhammad Jihad" to express their malcontent with the state of the Middle East? Will we, at long last, find that Tool prefers bouncing a ball to dribbling it?

You do realize that in the past they used to make up a whole bunch of words for song titles and let people mull over their meanings for months until the real song list was released and none of them were on there. So, please... let's analyze this working title for it's REEEEAAAAL meaning.
You are replying to a member of toolnavy.com. As he quoted fourtheye, then I quoted toolnavy ;)
inspiration_tactic
Has been

So your "can't get blood out of stone" commentary meant what?
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

inspiration_tactic wrote:So your "can't get blood out of stone" commentary meant what?
You can't make something out of nothing. All we have is a working title, which means absolutely nothing.

Once there is a song with lyrics then people can start complaining.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

lo7us wrote:
inspiration_tactic wrote:So your "can't get blood out of stone" commentary meant what?
You can't make something out of nothing. All we have is a working title, which means absolutely nothing.

Once there is a song with lyrics then people can start complaining.
agreed.

If they told us they had a song named after a genie from a kids cartoon show, we would have tore them apart.... then we hear Jambi. All is forgiven.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

Jambi sucks.

And I wouldn't mind some middle eastern influences. But as others have said it's a working title for what is most likely an instrumental. Having seen the work titles of other pieces it's hardly a worry. Bands generally name them something stupid and memorable to easily recall.

Hell, regardless of what the song titles are I won't worry until I've heard the tracks.
PRS
Bronco's Fan

Post by PRS »

SoMuchChub wrote:Jambi sucks.
I don't like that song either.

The only cool bit is the main bass line.

The lyrics, guitar and talkbox do little for me.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

"Jambi sucks" within the first 20 posts on a Tool forum. just shut the fuck up, please.
PRS
Bronco's Fan

Post by PRS »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:"Jambi sucks" within the first 20 posts on a Tool forum. just shut the fuck up, please.
Bitch please, I've joined this forum in 2006.

Different username. I used to be Doors.

Hello and fuck you!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

PRS wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:"Jambi sucks" within the first 20 posts on a Tool forum. just shut the fuck up, please.

Hello and fuck you!
regardless of your initial join date, and prior names, your opinion is still wrong. Jambi might not be your super progressive sound. It might not be your cup of tea because its too mainstream and "oh i knew tool way before this song, ive been a fan since Opiate"... who gives a fuck.But to say Jambi sucks is just wrong.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

xZ1mM3r wrote:
PRS wrote:

Hello and fuck you!
regardless of your initial join date, and prior names, your opinion is still wrong. Jambi might not be your super progressive sound. It might not be your cup of tea because its too mainstream and "oh i knew tool way before this song, ive been a fan since Opiate"... who gives a fuck.But to say Jambi sucks is just wrong.
Agreed. Jambi is a bad ass track. It's tough to call a song with so many poly-rhythms "mainstream" but it's certainly more accessible than some of their longer tracks. A jam in iambic pentameter? Pretty legit. I think it's one of Tool's coolest songs.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

opinions.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

/dims eyes
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I lost it the first time I heard that initial guitar riff/drums come charging in on Jambi. Doubly so because like most, I'd already heard Vicarious so when the album went into that... oh yes. Good times.