Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by budsyralli »

time to revisit 'the electric koolaid acid test' book
go taff!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

budsyralli wrote:time to revisit 'the electric koolaid acid test' book
Have you ever read, then licked the blotter paper edition?
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

fortysixand2 wrote:@billyhowerdel

Yup. Looks like new APC and new Puscifer before new Tool. Welp.
“Casual Fan”
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tiresias wrote:
fortysixand2 wrote:@billyhowerdel

Yup. Looks like new APC and new Puscifer before new Tool. Welp.
Im ok with that. Tool is on the horizon, itll be here and ill have the next half century to listen to it lol
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I have a feeling that pic doesn't mean anything other than two pals pal-ing around.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I wouldn't read too much into it either, though there was this one guy on Reddit who was adamant there would be a APC/Failure/Puscifer tour this year that would most likely delay the Tool album a little further.

I'm not buying it, but then again nothing would surprise me either these days...
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

If they do put that tour together, I'd be all for it. That would be an awesome show to see live. So, they rehearse for a few weeks and then tour for a month? I don't see that as delaying the Tool album, especially if Tool has the flexibility to work Maynard's recording schedule around the logistics of organizing a 4 week tour and grape season.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Im ok with that. Tool is on the horizon, itll be here and ill have the next half century to listen to it lol
Don't get me wrong. I am all for new APC. Was just listening to Mer de Noms last night and that album crushes. Every song is good. Thinking of You is bonkers. I also like everything else they have done and I would love to see the Failure/APC/Puscifer tour a la Cinquanta here in Brooklyn. I know Iha was still living here last year, so it would be a hometown show for him. (Aside: saw Iha was hanging with Chris from Girls, that could be cool as well).

But Yeah. Tool happens when it happens. Fine with me. I would love to see Freese back in APC and Friedl rocking Puscifer, but I think that Ship has sailed, that bridge has burnt, that cliche has walked.
“Casual Fan”
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

tiresias wrote:[(Aside: saw Iha was hanging with Chris from Girls, that could be cool as well).
The BAND Girls, not the show. Neither pass for a cup of tea around here I gather.
“Casual Fan”
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:If they do put that tour together, I'd be all for it. That would be an awesome show to see live. So, they rehearse for a few weeks and then tour for a month? I don't see that as delaying the Tool album, especially if Tool has the flexibility to work Maynard's recording schedule around the logistics of organizing a 4 week tour and grape season.
I think it would definitely delay the Tool album to some extent, but probably not by more than a month or two. The only way it wouldn't delay the album is if it happened after Tool have recorded, but before the release date.

Anyway, I don't really care whether APC do or don't tour. No doubt the APC/Puscifer/Failure shows would be quite enjoyable.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: I think it would definitely delay the Tool album to some extent, but probably not by more than a month or two. The only way it wouldn't delay the album is if it happened after Tool have recorded, but before the release date.

Anyway, I don't really care whether APC do or don't tour. No doubt the APC/Puscifer/Failure shows would be quite enjoyable.
I agree that Chinese Democracy II will be delayed if they are right in the middle of recording, but I don't think this APC/Failure/Puscifer tour will even happen if that is the case. This possible tour will not delay a Tool release if the recording is finished, if Maynard's vocals are finished, or if the band are still writing/arranging without Maynard.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I think APC has run its course. No album in 10+ years and their last song was not bad but was nothing special.

Plus live Puscifer now absolutely crushes live APC. The last time I saw APC was easily the most boring performance of a May Jay fronted band. Time to let it go, but they probably wont.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I was at the APC show at Red Rocks. Horrible set list. I walked out of the amphitheater thinking that APC was still trying way too hard with their Emotive material. On the other hand, seeing Puscifer live was easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Much of it had to do with the band supporting Conditions of My Parole in a tiny theater, in front of only 1500 people.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Adam with another "light at the end of the tunnel" pic.

Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The last time I saw APC was during the residencies where they did Mer and 13th in their entireties. With Freese. There was nothing tired or played out about it.

Didn't see them with Friedl the last time they came through, but I wish I had for comparison sake. Apparently that was when they jumped the shark?

By the way, I think Billy should have cropped that pic to just himself with MJK only reflected in his shades.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:Adam with another "light at the end of the tunnel" pic.

Either that or the guy has a thing for tunnels.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ravenpig wrote:I think APC has run its course. No album in 10+ years and their last song was not bad but was nothing special.

Plus live Puscifer now absolutely crushes live APC. The last time I saw APC was easily the most boring performance of a May Jay fronted band. Time to let it go, but they probably wont.
I thought that too but then they released that "By And Down" track that I love. can't ever truly count them out.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Naattik wrote:The last time I saw APC was during the residencies where they did Mer and 13th in their entireties. With Freese. There was nothing tired or played out about it.

Didn't see them with Friedl the last time they came through, but I wish I had for comparison sake. Apparently that was when they jumped the shark?.
Yes. It's not Friedl or any single person's fault, the whole thing just seemed tired and played out.
Hey! Denty!
Jool
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Jool »

How so RavenPig and Billy Hilly? You guys usually have solid takes, I would like to hear your thoughts on the APC shows you guys have seen.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:
Naattik wrote:The last time I saw APC was during the residencies where they did Mer and 13th in their entireties. With Freese. There was nothing tired or played out about it.

Didn't see them with Friedl the last time they came through, but I wish I had for comparison sake. Apparently that was when they jumped the shark?.
Yes. It's not Friedl or any single person's fault, the whole thing just seemed tired and played out.
Yeah, not Friedls fault at all, he can hold his own behind the kit. When I saw APC (which was admittedly a festival set and not one to render final judgement on) it was pretty uninspired and felt like they were just calling it in. Puscifer who played the same day blew them out of the water. Personally I blame the number of eMotive tracks played as much as anything - if the set had more Mer De Noms or 13th Step then I may have seen it in a different light.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Just to be clear, I wasn't blaming Friedl, and I really liked his playing with Puscifer. I was just commenting on the tour in question, and that was the major change.

I didn't go to the Emotive night of the residency in SF, but I've heard from a bunch of people who did that it was killer. So I'm not convinced it was the material that killed the vibe.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Those three nights in SF were probably the best APC shows I've seen. Especially the eMOtive night, which really snuck up on me. I do really miss Freese though. It's very perceptible to me that he's gone.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I could just stare at James Iha for hours...
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

I consider Freese one of the most underrated drummers around. I saw him play with NIN in 2008. He was masterful and it dawned on me at the time that he doesn't get near-enough credit. It's not really a knock on Friedl to say so... their styles are pretty different.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
Jool
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Jool »

Those SF shows kicked ass!
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]