Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
MobileVortex
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by MobileVortex »

hellboy wrote:So from the "could be just a coincidence" files: Aaron Harris (former Isis drummer and current Danny's drum tech) has just mentioned on Facebook he's had to cancel his Bali holiday in September, the timing of which just happens to be the same as the two Riotfests (the first two weekends in September).
Ugh...

After last year's Riot Fest not sure i will return, even for Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:
hellboy wrote:So from the "could be just a coincidence" files: Aaron Harris (former Isis drummer and current Danny's drum tech) has just mentioned on Facebook he's had to cancel his Bali holiday in September, the timing of which just happens to be the same as the two Riotfests (the first two weekends in September).
Ugh...

^ I am proud of you. You are taking the first step in the journey of seeing Tool for what they really are. I promise when you come out of the other side you will be blown away by how absurdly ridiculous that band is and you will wonder how you ever bought into their bullshit on any level. You are on the road to recovery my friend. Go check out some of the new music releases and have a cookie, you will feel right as rain.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think his problem is more with the Riotfest, not Tool
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

https://www.facebook.com/pensadosplace/?fref=nf

This week's guest is Grammy nominated Producer/Engineer Joe Barresi. Joe has worked with many artists including (the) Melvins, Tool, Chevelle, Queens of the Stone Age, Bad Religion, and more.
Leave your "Corner Office" questions for Joe as a comment below
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

MobileVortex wrote:
Ugh...

Can you elaborate? I went in 2014 when it was at Humboldt Park and had a great time despite the torrential downpour on Friday.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

When is Riotfest anyway? September?

They should be finished writing by then.

:?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:When is Riotfest anyway? September?

They should be finished writing by then.
It's possible I guess. Puscifer touring finishes late June, the Harvest I think begins August, however I don't know what the planetary alignments are like in that time period.

It wouldn't surprise me if Adam & co are hoping to finish preliminary writing, so that Maynard can add his lyrics once he's done with Puscifer.

Best case scenario of them recording at the end of the year is still intact.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Someone posted in the Puscifer thread that they announced some tour dates with more to come for November.

Edit: the Google machine tells me this is true. We can safely write them off this year already.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Looks like Kabir at Toolshed has decided to call it a day given the 10 year gap between albums:

http://toolshed.down.net/news/2016/05/0 ... rs-of-fun/

Quitter!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Someone posted in the Puscifer thread that they announced some tour dates with more to come for November.

Edit: the Google machine tells me this is true. We can safely write them off this year already.
Not sure what you're seeing, but I can only see November tour dates for 2015...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

From their fb page, "12 hours ago". I asked my brother to check and he says it's legit.
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

hellboy wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Someone posted in the Puscifer thread that they announced some tour dates with more to come for November.

Not sure what you're seeing, but I can only see November tour dates for 2015...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Cool - thanks. 2018 here we come!
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:Looks like Kabir at Toolshed has decided to call it a day given the 10 year gap between albums:

http://toolshed.down.net/news/2016/05/0 ... rs-of-fun/

Quitter!
honestly, at this point, I hardly consider fourtheye a tool related site, but maybe that's cuz I've generally always skipped straight to the forum ... I don't actually expect to find any relevant tool news here, or anywhere for that matter. Maybe he could change and run a patton, chino, buzzo site, related to bands that actually do shit.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

1. I knew Kabir knew May Jay but I didn't know May Jay was that cooperative with him.

2. I had no idea toolshed was still around, thought it ended like 4 years ago.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It probably hasn't been updated in the last 4 years. Hence I think Kabir has acknowledged that he doesn't really have time to do it justice, nor is it really relevant any more with Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc all much better at spreading news around

Sometimes I question the value of Fourtheye for similar reasons - these days I get most of my news from Reddit, it's rare I'm actually posting some kind of exclusive news these days.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

You need to do something to get more members in. Nude selfies perhaps??
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:You need to do something to get more members in. Nude selfies perhaps??
You need to be a subscriber to get access to those.

Maybe some stock exchange tips?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:It probably hasn't been updated in the last 4 years. Hence I think Kabir has acknowledged that he doesn't really have time to do it justice, nor is it really relevant any more with Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc all much better at spreading news around

Sometimes I question the value of Fourtheye for similar reasons - these days I get most of my news from Reddit, it's rare I'm actually posting some kind of exclusive news these days.
Don't you ever question the value of Fourtheye ever again. I fucking love this place. Oh I hate Tool with a fiery passion, but Fourtheye is so much more. Think about how many people we have turned onto new Music. If nothing else this is a place to introduce new bands and great music in general that is typically off the beaten path. Yes other sites out there do this but the diverse nature of the membership here lends itself to a broader range of musical tastes then many of the sites out there dedicated to music review.

Fourtheye is home. Some of you get on my fucking nerves with your Toolio craziness but dammit you are my bunch of crazy Toolios. Most of you fucks don't even like me but I don't care. Fuck those other hipster wannabe music forums. This is where I belong.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:...it's rare I'm actually posting some kind of exclusive news these days...
When you would get exclusive news who was it from? Blair? Danny?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:...it's rare I'm actually posting some kind of exclusive news these days...
When you would get exclusive news who was it from? Blair? Danny?
By exclusive news, I mean news before anyone else. I'm not going to comment on sources other than to say that many of you know I speak with Blair on a semi-regular basis. That said, he's often not the one to bring me new information, but he is good at clarifying things for me.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Hellboy keep I believe in you to keep it going. Plus I still want to make good on that one free beer if I make it to Australia or you make it to Texas.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Alittlevil wrote:Hellboy keep I believe in you to keep it going. Plus I still want to make good on that one free beer if I make it to Australia or you make it to Texas.
No trips to Texas on the horizon, so it might have to be here!
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

hellboy wrote:
Alittlevil wrote:Hellboy keep I believe in you to keep it going. Plus I still want to make good on that one free beer if I make it to Australia or you make it to Texas.
No trips to Texas on the horizon, so it might have to be here!
Sounds good to me.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Never forget. What a great concept for a movie, rednecks finding an iPod.