Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

I will LOL if BKGG is right and his post truly is "Smoke on the Horizon II". Nothing is surprising at this point. I'm completely numb to how the last 5 or so years have played out with this band. I'm leaning towards I don't give a fuck. I will get excited if the water breaks. I wonder what this genius's opinion is about Maynard 2 years later:

#10MotherTruckinYears
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:I will LOL if BKGG is right and his post truly is "Smoke on the Horizon II". Nothing is surprising at this point. I'm completely numb to how the last 5 or so years have played out with this band. I'm leaning towards I don't give a fuck. I will get excited if the water breaks. I wonder what this genius's opinion is about Maynard 2 years later:

#10MotherTruckinYears
What are you actually referring to in regards to BKGG and Smoke on the Horizon II ?
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I am 80% attempting to get a douche to write a click bait article. The other 20% is in reply to her post from a page or so back regarding Adam's pic possibly being something Tool related instead.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It was a pretty poor attempt.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

That's usually all it takes. If you could follow your own threads then maybe I wouldn't have to make a poor attempt at a joke.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

One of the indicators, to me, that it might be a new album sonogram is that he didn't tag korin in his post. He would usually tag her in family related posts. Of course it is all speculation, but I do try to put some thought behind my madness. I am Pavlov's dog and this new webstore and upcoming TA v2.0 has me as giddy as a schoolgirl.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

He actually removed that "sonogram" pic from his Instagram acct.....the plot thickens!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

There's a PLOT?!?!?!??!?!

:shock:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I do like your thinking on this. I just don't see how Tool could get away with keeping the recording process completely secret. Especially with how long everyone has waited for something. JP mentioned a few pages back that it's the new norm, to release a new album unexpectedly. He mentioned Beyonce and Radiohead. I do not know anything about Beyonce, but I do know Radiohead. Radiohead's new album was not dropped unexpectedly. Interested fans have known for a while now that the full band was in the studio recording new material. The only thing unknown was the release date. I just find it hard to believe that a band of Tool's stature could get away with zero human beings leaking info about Tool close to finishing "the biggest project of their lives". TA 2.0 is a good sign for Tool and fans though.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

I dunno, the only reason we knew about the re-recording of Opiate was because of Motorhead haha....Disturbed also recorded their newest album in complete secrecy, and only announced it about 2 months before the release date. I think it was the infamous article last fall where Maynard made nasty comments about some of the fans :lol: where he also said there was a non-disclosure agreement preventing him from talking about the new Tool album, so maybe they've got more nailed down already than we think. Probably not, but we can always dream....
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Calfium Jay wrote:There's a PLOT?!?!?!??!?!

:shock:
Nah, not really, they just do whatever
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, we assume that they were re-recording Opiate when they encountered Motorhead. Not sure there's ever been an official confirmation of what they were actually doing.

I'm reasonably sure that when the times comes for them to hit the studio that it won't be a big secret.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Feb 2015 newsletter pretty much confirmed it, which I just happened to re-read not too long ago haha.....

With regards to the chance meeting between members of Tool and their friends in Motorhead in the same recording facility – this had absolutely nothing to do with the preparation, recording, mixing or mastering! of a new Tool album. Instead, it concerned another Tool project that has been in the works for a while. In fact, when I first heard about this project (way back when), I mentioned it in a news post as being a “curve ball” - meaning that it would be something unexpected by most Tool fans (as it was to me). Since then, some fans have guessed what this is, while others remain clueless, with many others believing that there really never was any such idiom to begin with. Well, with the chance meeting of Tool and Motorhead in the studio, along with Adam’s reply to Mikkey Dee’s question as to what Tool was doing there, we now have confirmation of this (figuratively speaking) “curve ball.” (In keeping with the baseball vernacular, as I suggested before, “Change of Pace” might also work).
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, there's plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest that it was the Opiate re-record (as that newsletter suggests) but the band have never really come out and said - yep, this is what we'd done and it's going to happen.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Don't forget Bowie, no one saw The Next Day coming. And there was even a bit of a leak that was virtually ignored.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I really hope they do it that way. It would benefit all involved (fans and the band) for them to just keep the situation "as is," record it in secret and release it unexpectedly.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

joeypants wrote:I really hope they do it that way. It would benefit all involved (fans and the band) for them to just keep the situation "as is," record it in secret and release it unexpectedly.
Edit: Actually...what an incredible experience that would be. Seeing an entirely new show: new music, new visuals, lights, etc. With no knowledge of it beforehand. That would be something.
Last edited by nxrm on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Oh you guys... shit... I meant to tell you. They released the album last week. I knew there was something I forgetting. Anyways, yeah, it's at Best Buy. It's not too bad.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It's true, I saw a display at the end of the aisle in Wal Mart.
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

It's NOT true. You guys are being irresponsible, not to mention incorrigible, incontinent, incompetent and incomparably incoherent.

Everyone knows that Tool has been working in secret on a joint release with Monsanto on their brand new insecticide (Music to Kill Bugs By, and Poison the World), thus all the Rance Q Sputnik gobbledy-gook from Blair over the last several years. It's all been leading up to this. Should be out any day now.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

badkittygothgirl wrote:One of the indicators, to me, that it might be a new album sonogram is that he didn't tag korin in his post. He would usually tag her in family related posts. Of course it is all speculation, but I do try to put some thought behind my madness. I am Pavlov's dog and this new webstore and upcoming TA v2.0 has me as giddy as a schoolgirl.
I am going with this too.... and even though I am not a radiologist and the sonogram was layered with effects, It is not the shape of a child in the first trimester (grasping at straws...), I just want something new so bad....
Be good to each other.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The Walmart version comes with 2 bonus tracks.
also, Avatar!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Rumors/speculation/guesses as to the 3 show opener? Would guess it's Primus again as they'll be doing the Sacramento festival.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It's Collective Soul
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Not to be confused with The Collective Concious.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.