Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I think he saw the rumor come up in his mentions and thought it was dumb so he replied "#dumb".
No shit
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, no need to read too much into Maynard's Tweet. Pretty sure he just wanted to squash the moronic rumor before idiots from Pitchfork and the like publish a non-story.

#overthinkingoveranalyzing
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Pitchfork don't care about Tool rumors.
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Ain't nobody got time for dat
also, Avatar!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Pitchfork don't care about Tool rumors.

It's because they rarely report news on bogan music.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

[youtube][/youtube]

Given this was played right around the time Lateralus came out it makes you wonder if Wings was a fully fleshed out song that was cut from Lateralus and ended up making it on 10000 days. The part they play here isnt much different than the album version of Wings, even the base line is the same.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ I doubt it was cut from Lateralus. It doesn't feel like it ever really belonged on Lateralus. I suspect many of Tool's larger, more complex compositions have come from noodling around with ideas and jams that they play around with over years until an actual song structure comes to the surface.

Don't mistake me, I am no way taking up for Tool. We all know where I stand on that, but in pursuit of mindfulness one must aim to strike a balance between positive and negative and try to dispassionately analyze any given situation. My emotion, as it pertains to Tool, wants only to hammer away at everything negative that the band has come to represent to me. But that is not the path of mindfulness. Any analysis must take into account all possibilities and strive for honest evaluation. As such, in this instance, I see no issue and certainly no reason to look upon this early Wings jam in a negative light.

I do hope you get the album you have been so patiently waiting for, although the later we get into the year the more likely I think they are not going to hit the studio until the winter. I still think a 2017 release is likely, but probably a fall release is realistic. I hope it brings you joy.

Peace
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hell I'm not even close to expecting a 2017 release and I'm generally an optimistic kinda guy!
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:Hell I'm not even close to expecting a 2017 release and I'm generally an optimistic kinda guy!
I don't think many of us have any real expectations at the moment, though that said there's no reason why 2017 should be discounted at this stage. Just need to wait for:
  • the right planetary alignment
  • Adam, Danny and Justin to get in the zone
  • Tool to run out of money
  • all of the above
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

As long as they can sell out arenas they don't have to worry about money problems. Monetarily, I'm not even sure what it would do to their bottom line. I'm sure it helps but selling records isn't the source of income it once was.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Personally I think we can mostly discount the "need the money" type arguments. If the members live within their means (and assuming they've managed their finances well thus far) I doubt any of them need to earn any more money going forward.

I expect that royalties, even reduced as they are, would still earn a decent income.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

At this point in time I almost expect them to just drop from out of nowhere a social media announcement image of an offical release date/ album cover etc for the big grand entrance, but that's a big IF the album ever sees light of day. Could be next year, could be 2020, could be never.

Wouldnt be surprised to see em in Aus again next year if no album comes out. Seems to be about a 3 year cycle they come down here.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Why is that post on reddit saying this is official?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCINawo364C-NCXc_n-3bxOw
Hey! Denty!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Link just goes to Schism & Parabola.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Why is that post on reddit saying this is official?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCINawo364C-NCXc_n-3bxOw
It might be official - VEVO and Volcano are both owned by Sony. Tool having a VEVO channel doesn't really mean shit though.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

xZ1mM3r wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Given this was played right around the time Lateralus came out it makes you wonder if Wings was a fully fleshed out song that was cut from Lateralus and ended up making it on 10000 days. The part they play here isnt much different than the album version of Wings, even the base line is the same.
The extended ending of Parabola from this show is fucking unreal! I just heard it for the first time the other day (it's San Diego 2002, one of the shows they recorded for the "Live DVD").
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

joeypants wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

The extended ending of Parabola from this show is fucking unreal! I just heard it for the first time the other day (it's San Diego 2002, one of the shows they recorded for the "Live DVD").
Cold and Ugly
The Grudge
Stinkfist (Extended)
Forty-Six & 2
Schism
Parabol
Parabola (w/ Extended Outro)
Opiate
Aenema
Disposition
Relfection
Triad (w/ Meshuggah)
Wings for Marie Intro
Lateralus

What a badass setlist!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

They may say, Those were the days...,
But in a way,
You know for us these are the days.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Newsletter is up. It's an interview, or rather it's about an interview with Danny. Sort of. Come on you know Blair by now.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Good to hear that they have another song almost done, and that the curveball turned out really well (though I wouldn't expect they'd say otherwise). The fact that they at least mentioned stuff getting sent to Maynard is somewhat promising, even if it only sounds like they have a couple of tracks done. Makes it sound like they're actually on the path to getting something done in the next 12 months.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Anyone else think Blair was dropping some hints in the 'what didn't I ask him' part?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:Anyone else think Blair was dropping some hints in the 'what didn't I ask him' part?
It was unusual, I assumed he's just taking the piss out of the constant stream of emails I expect he receives.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

No news is good news.

Know your fingers are tired, but I'd say hold tight.
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My fingers are tired. As is my throat from all my ceaseless mumbling about the record being late. Not to mention the number of desks I've broken with rage over the last 10 years.

How much more can a Typical Tool Fan take?
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Hopefully 6 more months
also, Avatar!