Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Turns out the November Newsletter is here as well. It also contains no actual news...
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

<3
also, Avatar!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:Turns out the November Newsletter is here as well. It also contains no actual news...

There's no actual music.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Well now, I'm curious to know if the December Newsletter will show up in early December or at the end?
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:Well now, I'm curious to know if the December Newsletter will show up in early December or at the end?
I would guess early december so they can all take time away during the holidays. Not that it will reveal anything of importance.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
nxrm wrote:Well now, I'm curious to know if the December Newsletter will show up in early December or at the end?
I would guess early december so they can all take time away during the holidays. Not that it will reveal anything of importance.
Early December would be nice. Not sure I can go two whole months without a Newsletter and the ensuing madness they cause. :D
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/11/ ... -business/

“I really love Led Zeppelin, and it’s a shame they’re not making more records, more records. But I got up this morning without any problem,” Keenan says. “We’re working on it. … Do I appear to you to be a lazy person who doesn’t want to get that done?”

“If the fruit’s not ready, I can’t pick it,” he says. “If it’s not ready I move on to something else.”
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

nxrm wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
Early December would be nice. Not sure I can go two whole months without a Newsletter and the ensuing madness they cause. :D
Haha I reckon they'll announce all those cool things that are coming out just before Xmas like the live DVD, Opiate vid, and new blanket!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

aenimal wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/11/ ... -business/

“I really love Led Zeppelin, and it’s a shame they’re not making more records, more records. But I got up this morning without any problem,” Keenan says. “We’re working on it. … Do I appear to you to be a lazy person who doesn’t want to get that done?”

“If the fruit’s not ready, I can’t pick it,” he says. “If it’s not ready I move on to something else.”
Sounds like a cool article but... it's behind a paywall. Can you paste it?
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

264zn wrote:Haha I reckon they'll announce all those cool things that are coming out just before Xmas like the live DVD, Opiate vid, and new blanket!
My hope for a holiday video/DVD release is rapidly dwindling, however other odds & ends (blankets, lighters, etc.) may in fact be in-store for those interested.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

joeypants wrote:
aenimal wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/11/ ... -business/

Sounds like a cool article but... it's behind a paywall. Can you paste it?
It's blocked for me now too...it was fully accessible earlier, I can't read it now either...

That was the only Tool-related bit, if that helps....
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

So, no word from the MJK book tour Q&A yet, hey?....
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Apparently he's been sick the entire time, s'all I've heard.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:So, no word from the MJK book tour Q&A yet, hey?....
There's a few short reviews on Reddit. Nothing of any real note has been mentioned though.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Someone on Instagram said they showed an unreleased Puscifer video
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

aenimal wrote:Adam, Justin and Danny are in the studio 1PM-4PMish I think he said Tuesday-Thursday.
And there you have it folks, confirmed my suspicions... 9 hours of work per week. Most people work that in 1 day. Considering getting settled in each day, BS-ing, etc, probably equates to 6 hours of actual work each week. Could take 5 more years at that rate. These guys are really frustrating - except Maynard who would likely put more than 9 hours per week in even in the middle of harvest season. I wish the rest of the guys in the band had his work ethic - we'd have 3 new albums since 2006 at a minimum. Such a waste of talent.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I know it's frustrating, but it's art. It's not a mathematical equation that can just be laid out like that.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

At this point I'd rather wait 5 more years, than have what is likely their last album not live up to the name.
also, Avatar!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't want to wait
For our liiiivveessss
To be
Oooveeerr
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Now that's a tune I can get behind.
also, Avatar!
makerbot
Maynard Believer

Post by makerbot »

Hey all, long time lurker, kinda first time poster.

Got to see the event last night in Toronto. Lasted about an hour and a half, with four book readings from MJK, discussions with the co-host, and three or four questions from the audience (pre-submitted). At the end we were treated to a rough-cut of a Puscifer video for Galileo.

All in all a good night. Maynard was sick, as mentioned above, but did his best to keep the coughing off-mic. However, if it weren't for the coughing you'd never have guessed - in my opinion he was his usual dry, sarcastic self that I've seen on stage and in interviews.

So, regarding Tool news, as you can expect, it was minimal and somewhat awkward - Maynard clearly not wanting to talk about it. Please bear in mind that my recollection is not word-for-word and just my interpretation.

Co-host, when asking about the new Tool album, says something like, "You can't put a clock on creativity" to which Maynard replies, "I disagree. If I'd had it my way I would have done..." - his body language showing his frustration.

Co-host says, "So you come in once the music has all been written?" Maynard just points to him with a smug look, as if to say, "Yep, that's right, and I'm still waiting..."

Co-host, ranting about why the world needs the album, alludes to Sabbath, Zeppelin, KISS, and that no band in the past fifteen years except Tool have created music with the mystery, mysticism, rabbit and rat holes to explore, to which Maynard replies something akin to, "you've obviously not been listening to Puscifer then".

And that was about it regarding Tool.

There were lots of funny moments, and lots of sarcastic comments. He was asked about Trump, the future, etc, etc. In reference to his wine, "Our wine is not Metallica, it is Pink Floyd; you got to sit with it a while".

He spoke about something in the book that might be of interest, but I don't to spoil it for anyone who has not read it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Thanks for the update makerbot.

That he doesn't express much about Tool other than frustration shouldn't surprise many. I've always admired Maynard in that he's quite happy to call it like it is when asked.

The Co-host sounds like he's stuck in the past. Tool are great and all, but I think he needs to actually go listen to some music made in the last 15 years.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Some footage from the Toronto Q&A:

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I felt like that seal listening to that dude.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You got a kiss from a rose?
Don't mow your lawn