Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
_peterpwn
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by _peterpwn »

wu tang clan :D

36 chambers is something i always copy to my actual listening device, one of the best albums ever

but that move with the Album That Only One Guy can buy and listen to :D seriously....no credibility, its a joke and a top hits repeating live act in my perspective

buy and listen to Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly album

it maybe sounds strange, but i always think about it as the Lateralus of hip hop (dark, mysterious, playful but serious, revolutionary, psychedelic, original, etc)

for some reason it seems to me that Lateralus and this album is from the same aesthetic vision, its very interesting that it came from the hip hop scene, its much more then that
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I can't seem to log into Toolarmy at the moment - get a SQL error. Anyone else get this as well?
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I had no problem logging in.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure what it was, all good now
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

North East getting some love haha. I'm surprised by this being on Memorial Day... Maybe they are going to have a busy summer :)
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Looks 1,000 times better than Governors Ball. It amazes me how they still headline festivals without putting out a single new song in 11 years. No wonder there is no motivation to finish the album. They could just play a couple festivals, tour for one month a year until they're 70 years old.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

MobileVortex wrote:North East getting some love haha. I'm surprised by this being on Memorial Day... Maybe they are going to have a busy summer :)
hearing something about six weeks of touring....
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

brewdog123 wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:North East getting some love haha. I'm surprised by this being on Memorial Day... Maybe they are going to have a busy summer :)
hearing something about six weeks of touring....
For some reason i thought GOV ball was on July 2nd, not June. Memorial Day makes sense now haha. That would put them in mid July which is when Chicago Open Air is... :)

probably get some filler dates early to mid Feb?
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

Maynard is with Puscifer until the start of Feb. I'd be surprised if he came home and went straight back out with Tool. He's gotta rehearse and get ready for APC and their mini tour so I don't think we'll see him again till he's done with APC. Then he'll do the two festival dates and maybe sprinkle in some Tool headline shows.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't see Tool doing any shows more than a week or so either side of the festival date.
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

hellboy wrote:I don't see Tool doing any shows more than a week or so either side of the festival date.

Why do you think this? Just curious.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

unclejackson wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't see Tool doing any shows more than a week or so either side of the festival date.

Why do you think this? Just curious.
No particular reason other than what recent history suggests.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Newsletter is up. Basically, he doesn't know if there's any other shows besides the two festivals and Danny bought a house that happened to have a vineyard with it. It'll be updated in a couple of days for reasons (it's very short right now).
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting Tool memorabilia item:
TOOL - PRISON SEX (INTRO) GUITAR UP FOR ONLINE AUCTION!
Anyone want to continue SILENT BIDDING on this guitar of mine, which Adam Jones from Tool used to play the first 16 seconds of "PRISON SEX" on because of it's Floyd Rose tremelo, it still has the same set of strings on it! Recorded at Grandmaster Studios on Cahuenga here in Hollywood by Sylvia Massy. I was delivering my guitar to Adam in the studio and walked right into the sound room while Henry Rollins was in the middle of laying down backing vocals on "BOTTOM" (He was not happy). This guitar is Kramer made (Eddie Van Halen model) and tremolo by Floyd Rose. Happy to write up a COA for winner including story. BID IS NOW AT $1,025 PRIVATE MESSAGE ME TO ENTER A BID ($25 Increments please)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

This poster popped up on Reddit overnight (it's fake):

Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Muse.

LOL.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

For my taste, that's a pretty cool festival though. Although my criteria these days is "are there four or more acts I'd thoroughly enjoy seeing?"

edit: ahhhh didn't see that it was fake.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

BMB Via January 17 Newsletter wrote: Now, in case you’re wondering why the January 17th newsletter is so short (or celebrating the fact), until I get a better grasp on certain things that have happened to me recently, this will have to do. In the meantime, look for an UPDATE explaining this in the archived SEPTEMBER 2016 newsletter on January 20th.
Well its January 20th now. Curious why the update will be in the September 2016 Newsletter. I re-read it and it is about positive thinking, arby's etc... typical blair mystery, but it also has a good section in regards to the new album. The whole "its cooking" thing from Justin; Danny saying its coming soon on The Late Show; Maynard saying that the band was NOT "deliberately building anticipation". Thats all good news.

Hopefully todays update to the January 2017 Newsletter is more focused on the album rather than the Arby's story.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

xZ1mM3r wrote:until I get a better grasp on certain things that have happened to me recently, this will have to do.
"until I get a better grasp on certain things that have happened to me recently, this will have to do." It's going to be about the Arby's story. If you're lucky (depending on your enjoyment of "Blair Editions" naturally), you're going to get some coded nuggets pertaining to a tour.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

joeypants wrote:you're going to get some coded nuggets pertaining to a tour.
I just hope they are Organic Coded Nuggets
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UPDATE TO THE NEWSLETTER:

I compared the original Sept 2016 newsletter to the new updated newsletter to get only the section that was changed. See below for new portion.

Over 3 months later, LaraLee and I once again materialized in the very same Arby’s where the order ‘error’ occurred. After placing and getting our food, when LaraLee arrived at the table with her tray and opened the sandwich wrapper, she looked up at me with an expression of amazement. “It happened AGAIN! The SAME thing”, she told me. Instead of the Jr. Ham and Cheese that she ordered (as a change of pace, or to test the counter guy, I do not know), she was given – by the SAME counter guy as before – a Jr. Beef, Bacon & Cheese (also with a side of Potato Cakes instead of the Curly Fries that she ordered.) Obviously, the first time that this happened, I was only joking about the Arby’s employee’s exceptional ability to know more about what a person really wants than they do – this, in order to provide an example of positive thinking. However, now I had to wonder what on earth is going on? Was I missing the total picture? Had I somehow entered a dimensional portal into a parallel earth where, other than the strange Arby’s, things are quite similar? Or, maybe I had died with my soul shifted to hell? (If, so, I can report that hell is not very different from earth – except for one thing - and the strange Arby’s, of course.) And if indeed I died and was delivered to hell, was I condemned to write Tool Newsletters for an eternity without a new Tool record – even after a new album is released in the dimension of my origin? Just to make sure that I am not over-reacting, in 3 months time I will return with LaraLee to the same Arby’s to see if the counter guy gets her order correct? If not, and it’s the same ‘wrong’ order as before, I will know that I’m no longer where I though I was...
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Tool

They have the meat
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Just to make sure that I am not over-reacting, in 3 months time I will return with LaraLee to the same Arby’s to see if the counter guy gets her order correct? If not, and it’s the same ‘wrong’ order as before, I will know that I’m no longer where I though I was...

Awesome. Can't wait til April...when nothing happens!

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote: Just to make sure that I am not over-reacting, in 3 months time I will return with LaraLee to the same Arby’s to see if the counter guy gets her order correct? If not, and it’s the same ‘wrong’ order as before, I will know that I’m no longer where I though I was...

Awesome. Can't wait til April...when nothing happens!

Indubitably.
Ki77aan :twisted: