Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:Studio time for 2017 would be the right path if I was choosing my own adventure. I've also run out of sarcasm at this point.
Not that far down the path, but on the path at least.
^ RIP 2017 release

Oh well new APC hopefully...New album from Billy 2017 would be quality

Oh and slightly off topic but speaking of RIP....New Mastodon..when did they become QOTSA fangirls? New stuff is terrible.

Anywhooville always dope music being made and life is good....even when your president is an absolute lunatic
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

If i were to fancy a guess. And believe me it would be the fanciest of all guesses. It would be a tremendous guess. People tell me that my guesses are fancy, believe me. (sorry i went a little Trump there)...

If i were to guess i would say that the news/path/direction that HB heard about is that MJK has began meeting with the band, adding lyrics/altering the instrumentals to lash up with said lyrics. Maybe this is optimistic however.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

All paths lead to a roadblock.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Great to hear things are moving forward, but I still stand by what I said a couple months ago that APC likely will be doing some fairly extensive touring if they have a new album coming out. In that recent Billy interview with Billboard or whatever, he talked about the spring dates and said something like 'with the intention that new music will be coming very soon afterwards'.....so I'm guessing there will be additional dates in the fall and winter/spring, probably including overseas. I've seen APC 3 times, and from memory, they did the same thing when 13th Step came out (played a short run of dates a couple months before the release, followed by extensive touring afterwards).

So as far as Tool, I think it's possible they'll be recording by the end of 2018, but I wouldn't hold my breath for much else. And judging by Mat Mitchell's recent social media posts, it looks like new Puscifer music is possibly in the works as well. I don't even get worked up anymore about the Tool record...I know that when it finally does come out, it'll probably be my most-listened-to-thing for about the next decade (or until they release another album, whichever comes first).
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

aenimal wrote:So as far as Tool, I think it's possible they'll be recording by the end of 2018...
I'm still hoping they're in the studio sometime this year with a release in the first half of 2018. APC be damned!

And what happened to that Opiate video? Adam was openly discussing it during the January 2016 tour VIP meet & greets, suggesting it was almost completed. Although I don't recall hearing it brought up during the meet & greets for the October 2016 tour, did no one ask? Was it collective amnesia? Inquiring minds want to know!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

nxrm wrote:
aenimal wrote:So as far as Tool, I think it's possible they'll be recording by the end of 2018...
I'm still hoping they're in the studio sometime this year with a release in the first half of 2018. APC be damned!

And what happened to that Opiate video? Adam was openly discussing it during the January 2016 tour VIP meet & greets, suggesting it was almost completed. Although I don't recall hearing it brought up during the meet & greets for the October 2016 tour, did no one ask? Was it collective amnesia? Inquiring minds want to know!
if i recall correctly the band said it was out of their hands. Im assuming it went to a production company of some sort, and they were waiting for it to be finished. Now why its taking so damn long is beyond me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Talk about making excuses for the band.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sadly, I'd say the most likely reason that the Opiate video isn't happening is that they weren't happy with the outcome. If I remember correctly a similar thing happened and Vicarious video was reworked/delayed.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:Sadly, I'd say the most likely reason that the Opiate video isn't happening is that they weren't happy with the outcome. If I remember correctly a similar thing happened and Vicarious video was reworked/delayed.
Oh, that would just suck...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Sadly, I'd say the most likely reason that the Opiate video isn't happening is that they weren't happy with the outcome. If I remember correctly a similar thing happened and Vicarious video was reworked/delayed.
And by "they" you mean Adam.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
And by "they" you mean Adam.
No, I mean they. But I'd expect if any one member of the band was dissatisfied, then it wouldn't get through.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

My thought was that maybe they'll hold onto it until the album is more imminent, sort of like how they put out Salival a few months before Lateralus came out, and the Schism and Parabola DVDs a few months before 10000 Days....and I think all 3 of those releases came with little stickers on them saying "new album this spring" or something to that effect. Sort of a promotional tool for a new record.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:My thought was that maybe they'll hold onto it until the album is more imminent, sort of like how they put out Salival a few months before Lateralus came out, and the Schism and Parabola DVDs a few months before 10000 Days....and I think all 3 of those releases came with little stickers on them saying "new album this spring" or something to that effect. Sort of a promotional tool for a new record.
I'd be cool with some kind of Salival type release with the video, and hope that's the reason. It seems to be taking an overly long time though.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Right, Salival was released a few months prior to Lateralus.

The Parabola and Schism DVDs a few months prior to 10,000 Days. The Vicarious DVD was released in December 2007 though.

So, hopefully something new-ish is released just prior to the new album...to stoke/quell the flames of anticipation.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: I'd be cool with some kind of Salival type release with the video, and hope that's the reason. It seems to be taking an overly long time though.
We are definitely seeing some correlation with the road blocks comment Maynard made. Could very well be the frustration of multiple Tool projects not coming to fruition. In that case, he's just stating the obvious that all of us already know. We just don't know the cause. More will probably be revealed when they do the media rounds after the album finally drops.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: We are definitely seeing some correlation with the road blocks comment Maynard made. Could very well be the frustration of multiple Tool projects not coming to fruition. In that case, he's just stating the obvious that all of us already know. We just don't know the cause. More will probably be revealed when they do the media rounds after the album finally drops.
For sure, I imagine Maynard is referring to more roadblocks than just the album. We keep hearing that there are a few things happening (curveballs and what not) but none of them seem to go anyway.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote: We are definitely seeing some correlation with the road blocks comment Maynard made. Could very well be the frustration of multiple Tool projects not coming to fruition. In that case, he's just stating the obvious that all of us already know. We just don't know the cause. More will probably be revealed when they do the media rounds after the album finally drops.
For sure, I imagine Maynard is referring to more roadblocks than just the album. We keep hearing that there are a few things happening (curveballs and what not) but none of them seem to go anyway.
This is similar to what I said recently.

"We get optimistic responses from Danny everytime he mentions the album. Justin in his recent intervews has said progress is great, and an album is in the works. The Pot video, the Opiate video, a DVD, Salival II, a new album, #SmokeOnTheHorizon, Another Tool song in the can, a website update is in the works...... but nothing ever comes of any of it. And then MJK says all he sees is Roadblocks. Quite disappointing to say the least."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Announcing a curveball and then having nothing happen for 5 years is a pretty big curveball imo
Don't mow your lawn
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Oh, and apparently that Human Experimente project (where Maynard sang on 21st Century Schizoid Man back around '09) is still alive and well....there was supposed to be a full album coming out back then, but then their website disappeared and it was never mentioned again. That was actually the question I submitted for Hellboy's interview with Blair a couple years back (if Blair knew anything about what happened to it).

On a whim, I did a quick search for it, and apparently another song was released last year....this record label replied to one of the comments confirming that it's still being worked on after all these years. No idea if Maynard was/is contributing any more to it, but it's something to keep an eye out for I guess.

Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Hellboy,

Are you going to be able to reveal your intel at some point soon or nah?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:Hellboy,

Unfortunately it's something that if it comes out, then it won't be from me
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:Hellboy,

Well hopefully this is one of the projects that does see the light of day.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote:
Figured so. It's still good news to me, and I'll take it.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Check toolarmy.....anyone speak Russian? Whats is this "surprise"? Clearly that band from the 70s isn't releasing a new album.

Anyone?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

greasy wrote:Check toolarmy.....anyone speak Russian? Whats is this "surprise"? Clearly that band from the 70s isn't releasing a new album.

Anyone?
I think Blair really just likes Surprise, and wouldn't read into it any more than that.