Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
lachrymologist
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lachrymologist »

lachrymologist wrote:Some guy on Twitter is claiming to be with Alex Grey at the festival in NYC. Getting ready to meet with TOOL with a VR proposal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So is this fake news?? I didn't see any chatter.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think it's non-news. Tool may to something with VR one day, but I doubt what happened in NYC was anything more than a tech demo. In Tool-speed it'll be another 30 years before we actually get to see it.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

No doubt it was a demo, but at least they are entertaining offers.

ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:I think it's non-news. Tool may to something with VR one day, but I doubt what happened in NYC was anything more than a tech demo. In Tool-speed it'll be another 30 years before we actually get to see it.
I was thinking it might have something to do with Alex Grey's Entheon Project. Possible that he'd set up a VR experience in the museum that visitors can participate in/with.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Professor of Lesbian Science
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Jimmy Chamberlin shared a photo of himself backstage with Tool drummer Danny Carey at Tool’s show in Chicago at AllState Arena on Thursday night. Chamberlin wrote, “Hanging with my good pal #dannycarey – #Tool shredded the #allstatearena last night. Was an incredible show.”
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

#ART plans

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Tool talks new music and its daylong band-curated event at Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernardino

Interesting highlights:

1. The show does have an earlier start time, kicking off at around 2 p.m. to accommodate the eclectic mix of performances and Jones did note that, of course, Tool does have a couple of things up its sleeves to share exclusively with its hometown crowd.

2. The band has been playing one new song out on the road called “Descending,” though the track has certainly morphed and been added to in a variety of ways since it debuted in the set back in 2015. Jones said that the band has been incorporating several bits and pieces of new material into its live sets via a series of jams. "The best way to explain it is that it’s like when a new movie is coming out,” he explained. “It’s a really anticipated movie, so the first trailer is really obscure and you’re like ‘Wait, what?’ That’s what we’re doing. We took the song that is finished, it’s called ‘Descending,’ and we just took the most obscure bits and put it together to give a little taste of what’s coming.”
Last edited by nxrm on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

That first part is very interesting. I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. But it is very interesting to hear him say that they have something special up their sleeves.

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I realise that at this point it is completely laughable to entertain such silly ideas but man it would be awesome if they were surprising the world by hosting the worlds largest listening party by debuting the new album in full followed by a set. Silly I know but well deserved to be treated to a surprise like that after all these years.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:I realise that at this point it is completely laughable to entertain such silly ideas but man it would be awesome if they were surprising the world by hosting the worlds largest listening party by debuting the new album in full followed by a set. Silly I know but well deserved to be treated to a surprise like that after all these years.
Yeah, it won't happen. Reading between the lines in that AJ interview suggests the album certainly isn't done (no surprise there).
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Busty McCracken wrote:I realise that at this point it is completely laughable to entertain such silly ideas but man it would be awesome if they were surprising the world by hosting the worlds largest listening party by debuting the new album in full followed by a set. Silly I know but well deserved to be treated to a surprise like that after all these years.

lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

If this happened I know all the hard work with the 360 will have been worth it.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I really dug when Porcupine Tree toured before recording Fear of a Blank Planet, played the entire album as it was then and refined it as they toured. Then they recorded it with all the feedback and experience of having toured it. Great idea. Tool would never even consider doing that.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan wrote:I really dug when Porcupine Tree toured before recording Fear of a Blank Planet, played the entire album as it was then and refined it as they toured. Then they recorded it with all the feedback and experience of having toured it. Great idea. Tool would never even consider doing that.
In a perfect world where a billion versions wouldn't be on YouTube first... they would. All things considered, I'd rather it were how it is. Sucks but... price of technology today.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

#curveball :o

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote:
Yeah, it won't happen. Reading between the lines in that AJ interview suggests the album certainly isn't done (no surprise there).
Yeah i know it's a pipedream but hey its been a shit week. Allow a man to dream for a moment
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You know the reason why I created Fourtheye in the first place? The lack of an RSS feed on Toolband.

Guess what the new site doesn't have :roll:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote:I really dug when Porcupine Tree toured before recording Fear of a Blank Planet, played the entire album as it was then and refined it as they toured. Then they recorded it with all the feedback and experience of having toured it. Great idea. Tool would never even consider doing that.
Probably not anymore, but they did do that with a number of songs that ended up on Aenima.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Maybe they should do that again seeing as aenima is a masterpiece and all that.

I do recall that they played eulogy at alternate nations in aus before the album came out
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Busty McCracken wrote:Maybe they should do that again seeing as aenima is a masterpiece and all that.

I do recall that they played eulogy at alternate nations in aus before the album came out
Danny talked about this years ago, and said they'd love to still do that, but they just can't anymore. It would be cool for sure. I loved hearing Descending at the shows I've been at where they played it. Also excited to hear it in a new context whenever that happens.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Personally, I'd much rather hear the new album in it's recorded form, rather than via live shows. It's nice to have Descending in the set, but when it comes to new tracks - give me a proper recording or don't play it. I'd rather that be my first experience than a Youtube recording.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:Personally, I'd much rather hear the new album in it's recorded form, rather than via live shows. It's nice to have Descending in the set, but when it comes to new tracks - give me a proper recording or don't play it. I'd rather that be my first experience than a Youtube recording.
Agreed. I have zero interest in hearing in concert an unreleased song regardless of what band it is. I'll take a deep cut over it anytime.
Hey! Denty!