Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Surprised they let a video snippet like that out. Still, it's pretty short, poorly recorded (as you'd expect from a phone) and doesn't really give too much away.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
now they will remove that song from the album and insert a new one. Album delayed 5 more years.
LOL.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I wave the white flag. Hearing that little snippet of Tool had me reaching for my wallet, a box of tissues and a bottle of lotion. Them Tool fellas still have it. Now excuse me while I go clean up.

Oh and hello everyone. It's been awhile.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Haha hey mate. Been waiting for you to show yourself around here, albeit was expecting another well deserved I bloody well told you so! Haha.

Hard to judge anything on a 10 second snippet , hell St Anger would have sounded like it might be amazing if we were only given a 10 second snippet. Saying that is nice to hear some nice chunky Tool riffage. Welcome back in the game Mog and hey all those years of arguing with us about Tool sure did help fill the void so I for one salute you.

Now can we get Tyson back too and get a little bit of action around here? :P
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Now can we get Tyson back too and get a little bit of action around here? :P
I got an abuse PM from someone on Fourtheye the other day who I suspect was either Tyson or Crow - they never got back to me though. If one of them did come back, it would be on a very tight leash.
hell St Anger would have sounded like it might be amazing if we were only given a 10 second snippet
Good point. I hope Tool at least ran the music past Lars Ulrich's old man first.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote:
Busty McCracken wrote: Now can we get Tyson back too and get a little bit of action around here? :P
I got an abuse PM from someone on Fourtheye the other day who I suspect was either Tyson or Crow - they never got back to me though. If one of them did come back, it would be on a very tight leash.
hell St Anger would have sounded like it might be amazing if we were only given a 10 second snippet
Good point. I hope Tool at least ran the music past Lars Ulrich's old man first.
Porbably Crow having one of his emotional nights on the Turps again lashing out abuse.

Haha if its good enough for Tobin Ulrich its good enough for me. Whatever comes of the album in reasonably confident they won't reach their peak of Aenima/ Lateralus but will be better recieved than 10,000 days and that would be fine by me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Busty McCracken wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Porbably Crow having one of his emotional nights on the Turps again lashing out abuse.

Haha if its good enough for Tobin Ulrich its good enough for me. Whatever comes of the album im reasonably confident they won't reach their peak of Aenima/ Lateralus but will be better recieved than 10,000 days and that would be fine by me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

^ oops
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

ziggy23 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Danny sounds like he might have put a few back before this interview.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Ziggy ty very cool

Kind of wish Maynard would be a little more positive. All he keeps saying is APC 2018. Adam said the music has been written, so the only thing holding up the process is Maynard. I know it might be hard for him to imagine, but many of us prefer Tool over APC by a very wide margin.

What seems clear is if Tool gets pushed to 2019, it's on Maynard. The music is finally done. Maynard cannot be so disconnected as to not know the Tool stuff was getting close last year. He made the choice to do this APC thing, so we wait once again.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea the other 3 take 11+ years to get the music done and now we should expect ol’ May Jay to get his shit done ASAP.

He’s a jerk if he doesn’t.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's on Maynard in principal I guess, but it's not like he can just put APC aside to fit in with the schedule of the other three.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:Yea the other 3 take 11+ years to get the music done and now we should expect ol’ May Jay to get his shit done ASAP.

He’s a jerk if he doesn’t.
Na not saying that at all. Simply saying a positive tweet now and again wouldn't be a bad thing. He just keeps anything Tool related at such a distance. Almost like he can barely stand it. We finally have full Tool songs ready for lyrics and the studio. Just a touch of optimism, anything really...
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:It's on Maynard in principal I guess, but it's not like he can just put APC aside to fit in with the schedule of the other three.
Certainly true, although again, I have a difficult time believing he did not know last year how far along the songs were.

As I said, I will surely give new APC a listen, but I find myself really just hoping this new APC album cycle goes by as fast as possible so Tool can be front and center.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

In fairness Tool fans are a total pain in the arse so id probably be the same if I was him. I just hope his heart is 100% still in it and he's not just doing it as a feels obliged / likes the extra income type thing.

But yes how dare he not already have all his vocals tracked and ready to go.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I wouldn't have much positive to tweet either if the other 3 basically are announcing they are done with the music, minus vocals, to the world. Then they bring some dudes into the loft and play them their finished music, minus vocals. Then 15 seconds of new music, minus vocals, is leaked onto the internet. I would be pretty annoyed if I was waiting for new music from my band mates for 7+ years. Then when they finally finish, they announce to the world that the music is done, minus vocals. Dick move. Not to mention he's right in the middle of a new APC record. One thing I have noticed regarding his social media responses is that there is an underlying optimism in his wording. I just wish he wouldn't get so bent out of shape with the constant idiotic barrage of comments/questions regarding NEWTOOLIN2018BROH! It's funny, but unnecessary.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: I know it might be hard for him to imagine, but many of us prefer Tool over APC by a very wide margin.

To be honest, I'd prefer the entire Neil Sedaka back catalogue over APC.

But it's a free country I suppose...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Busty McCracken wrote:In fairness Tool fans are a total pain in the arse so id probably be the same if I was him.

Yeah, but they're much less of a pain than fans of Failure or that awful Porcupine Tree thingy.

Oh wait....

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:I wouldn't have much positive to tweet either if the other 3 basically are announcing they are done with the music, minus vocals, to the world. Then they bring some dudes into the loft and play them their finished music, minus vocals. Then 15 seconds of new music, minus vocals, is leaked onto the internet. I would be pretty annoyed if I was waiting for new music from my band mates for 7+ years. Then when they finally finish, they announce to the world that the music is done, minus vocals. Dick move. Not to mention he's right in the middle of a new APC record. One thing I have noticed regarding his social media responses is that there is an underlying optimism in his wording. I just wish he wouldn't get so bent out of shape with the constant idiotic barrage of comments/questions regarding NEWTOOLIN2018BROH! It's funny, but unnecessary.
I never really thought about it like this. but damn... i think you are exactly right. Kind of a dick move to take literally a decade to write the music, then announce ITS DONE!!! and put all the pressure on MJK to get lyrics done ASAP. Maybe pressure isnt the right word, cause i dont think MJK feels 'pressured' by Tool/releasing an album. But it does put the focus on him now; unfairly in my opinion.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote:I wouldn't have much positive to tweet either if the other 3 basically are announcing they are done with the music, minus vocals, to the world. Then they bring some dudes into the loft and play them their finished music, minus vocals. Then 15 seconds of new music, minus vocals, is leaked onto the internet. I would be pretty annoyed if I was waiting for new music from my band mates for 7+ years. Then when they finally finish, they announce to the world that the music is done, minus vocals. Dick move. Not to mention he's right in the middle of a new APC record. One thing I have noticed regarding his social media responses is that there is an underlying optimism in his wording. I just wish he wouldn't get so bent out of shape with the constant idiotic barrage of comments/questions regarding NEWTOOLIN2018BROH! It's funny, but unnecessary.
How is Adam posting positive news about the music being completed and the band playing that music for friends negative in any way? Maynard is full of shit acting like he has been in the dark as to the status of the songs. Adam has stated they have sent Maynard music many times in the process, to the point where at least one song has finished lyrics.

As for social media, recent tweets being referenced here were not disrespectful or over the top. Simply questions, to which Maynard curtly responds like it's an agonizing chore when the subject matter is Tool. Sorry not giving him a free pass for being a dick to Tool fans, even the more oddball spiral out types. Moreover, Maynard CHOOSES to have a public Twitter precense. No one is forcing him to read or reply to anything. So again, I don't buy the woe is me narrative being spun. Maynard James Keenan has made a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money off Tool. Responding to the occasional tweet is hardly a chore.

And again, as I mentioned above, a significant portion of Tool fans couldn't give two shits about Emotive part two. This is an exciting time for Tool fans. Shame grumpy ass treats Tool like a red headed step child.
Last edited by M0G on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:Na not saying that at all. Simply saying a positive tweet now and again wouldn't be a bad thing. He just keeps anything Tool related at such a distance. Almost like he can barely stand it. We finally have full Tool songs ready for lyrics and the studio. Just a touch of optimism, anything really...
Holy shit... its M0G.... welcome back my friend. I hope you play PUBG. Anyways.... i agree with you on this. I get it, MJK has been hammered with Tool related questions weekly for the last decade. And i bet it gets old. But i do wish he at least seemed interested in Tool and the new album. Maybe he is, maybe the bands relationship is great; but from what we see and read from MJK i cant help but feel as though he is disinterested in anything Tool related; to the point of annoyance. I just hope that annoyance doesnt translate to a mediocre album/lyrics.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:Na not saying that at all. Simply saying a positive tweet now and again wouldn't be a bad thing. He just keeps anything Tool related at such a distance. Almost like he can barely stand it. We finally have full Tool songs ready for lyrics and the studio. Just a touch of optimism, anything really...
Holy shit... its M0G.... welcome back my friend. I hope you play PUBG. Anyways.... i agree with you on this. I get it, MJK has been hammered with Tool related questions weekly for the last decade. And i bet it gets old. But i do wish he at least seemed interested in Tool and the new album. Maybe he is, maybe the bands relationship is great; but from what we see and read from MJK i cant help but feel as though he is disinterested in anything Tool related; to the point of annoyance. I just hope that annoyance doesnt translate to a mediocre album/lyrics.
What's happening man hope all is well in Z land. Not really into PubG or Fortnite for that matter. Just doesn't do anything for me.

As for Maynard he just comes off as petulant and moody. I'm over it. Honestly I would take an Instrumental Tool album in a second at this point
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote: Good point. I hope Tool at least ran the music past Lars Ulrich's old man first.
No, they did. That's who is in the header photos on all Tool-album related posts on MetalSucks.net ;)
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Most of you seem to be forgetting that the only comment about music being "done" was in a very, very positive light all around especially with regards to Maynard. "...lyrics coming in hot" is not "we're done now it's all on him!" unless you just want to think about it that way.

Maynard's being Maynard. This is nothing new. He's shown tons of positivity in the process recently (see: last Joe Rogan appearance). I would take the things he says on fucking TWITTER, i.e. the ultimate cesspool of humanity, with less weight than something he said on that podcast, or any other avenue where you're not being exposed to the worst humans have to offer second by second.