Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by snazzlefrass »

Hey Chewbacca holding a vintage silverburst.

Nice!
SteveBobSteve
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 am Hellboy didn’t you say some sort of single would come end of week? What’s your thoughts on the fake countdown troll?
On the blog I suggested "a countdown has started, and that we should expect something at the end.". While I expected a Salival or Lateralus post today, I'm not expecting new album news for a few days yet. I suspect Monday is more likely.

I also said "over the weekend" though I actually think Monday makes more sense in hindsight.

I'd add, I don't have any intel that outlines a specific date
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:06 am I reckon that pic of Adam is a bit too vanilla for the album art, but we'll see I suppose. Would not but surprised if Travis Shinn does the promotional photos again though.
100% agree. No way in hell photos like that would appear on their artwork
Listen to All Them Witches
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:20 am
rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:13 am Hellboy didn’t you say some sort of single would come end of week? What’s your thoughts on the fake countdown troll?
On the blog I suggested "a countdown has started, and that we should expect something at the end.". While I expected a Salival or Lateralus post today, I'm not expecting new album news for a few days yet. I suspect Monday is more likely.

I also said "over the weekend" though I actually think Monday makes more sense in hindsight.

I'd add, I don't have any intel that outlines a specific date

Cool just trying to see what they are doing really. It seemed black and white for a quick second but then yesterday happened. Maybe they didn’t release anything cuz salival is next and it doesn’t count as a proper release. Who knows.

I think Adam putting this shit up is a total “I’m here on IG putting stuff up that isn’t what you’re all looking for” type of post

a lot of people pissed on reddit claiming lack of a proper marketing Dept but I’d prefer this tbh. You can see it’s Adam/Maynard on the social media accounts and I like the hands on approach by the band.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:38 am Cool just trying to see what they are doing really. It seemed black and white for a quick second but then yesterday happened. Maybe they didn’t release anything cuz salival is next and it doesn’t count as a proper release. Who knows.
Who knows indeed. The band made no claims regarding a countdown - that was entirely driven by excited fans. And even if there is a countdown, we're still 2-3 days from getting the new album.

Any expectation the band were dropping a new album of single today were completely out of check
rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:38 am a lot of people pissed on reddit claiming lack of a proper marketing Dept but I’d prefer this tbh. You can see it’s Adam/Maynard on the social media accounts and I like the hands on approach by the band.
I think it is kinda quaint that the band is hands on with this, but I also think it's time for them to just get on with it. I don't see any upside in the current situation, for fans, band members, record companies or retailers.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I’ve been “pissed” at TOOL a few times over the years but this Is Not The Time to be mad. I mean they have already “released” 24 min of new music and are For Sure dropping that Shit in let’s say 5 weeks! LFG!!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 am
I think it is kinda quaint that the band is hands on with this, but I also think it's time for them to just get on with it. I don't see any upside in the current situation, for fans, band members, record companies or retailers.
I completely agree with this statement. Well put.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 am Oh, and I'll add that a Gibson Custom is at a quite different level to the stuff you buy in mom and pops music emporium.
Confirmed by adam that Shinn took the photo. Regarding the guitar....adam posted the same image to his IG page as well, not only the tool page. Adam added the caption:

"So excited 👀 Not officially official but *Good things happening at @gibsonguitar 🖤 @gibsoncustom "

Sounds to me like he is finally getting his own signature model. He deserves it.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

greasy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 am
Sounds to me like he is finally getting his own signature model. He deserves it.
I'm excited, I think this is actually far more interesting news than a picture of the Lateralus cover.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Lateralus up!
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

lateralus up on twitter

greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 am
I'm excited, I think this is actually far more interesting news than a picture of the Lateralus cover.
agreed

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

FUCK YEAH!!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

greasy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:22 am
agreed
I’d be excited for that if they didn’t hate southpaws. 2 extra grand just cuz I’m a lefty fuckin sucks
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

The Shinn photo looks like Guitar World interview material. Next month or so we'll most likely get that, Justin in Bass Player, Danny in Modern Drummer.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

My god, the excitement over these album postings! hahahaha christ, this band has done a number on their fan's minds. For real.

(but hey if it gets you off, enjoy)
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

joeypants wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:30 am My god, the excitement over these album postings! hahahaha christ, this band has done a number on their fan's minds. For real.

(but hey if it gets you off, enjoy)
Considering how little they have posted since 2006.......the excitement is 100% legitimate.

Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

A collective breath of fresh air
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Well it's a nice pic of Adam. They are definitely more comfortable with the spotlight these days. I predict a some kind of monster style making of dvd with this new album 😂

Seriously though fuck Gibson. If their idea of saving a failing brand is suing everyone else who does it cheaper then they ain't getting a penny out of me. Don't get who buys signature guitars anyway? Is it a novelty thing?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am Don't get who buys signature guitars anyway? Is it a novelty thing?
Gibson makes guitars. Adam has played a Gibson guitar for 3 decades in a very high profile and successful band. Gibson is right to recognize him. If that means a signature model then awesome. Good for both of them.

People buy Jordan's... they are just a signature model shoe... do you feel the same way about them?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 amLateralus up!
i always thought this was the Lateralus cover.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

The interest in a picture of the Lateralus cover isn’t about a picture of the Lateralus cover. Alas a moot point.

Maybe the “new logo” was a placeholder for 72826 and Adam was a placeholder for Salival, pushing the album announcement likely to Monday.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:53 am
Tool_User wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:46 am Don't get who buys signature guitars anyway? Is it a novelty thing?
Gibson makes guitars. Adam has played a Gibson guitar for 3 decades in a very high profile and successful band. Gibson is right to recognize him. If that means a signature model then awesome. Good for both of them.

People buy Jordan's... they are just a signature model shoe... do you feel the same way about them?
Yeah I'm happy for him, didn't say I wasn't. As for the shoes, yeah I do actually. I find people spending a fortune on shit because it has a famous person's name attached to it insane. Life tip - buying Jordans doesn't make you like Jordan. So do you play guitar? Ever bought a signature model? Why?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:04 am
xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:53 am

Yeah I'm happy for him, didn't say I wasn't. As for the shoes, yeah I do actually. I find people spending a fortune on shit because it has a famous person's name attached to it insane. Life tip - buying Jordans doesn't make you like Jordan. So do you play guitar? Ever bought a signature model? Why?
fair point. and one that i mostly agree with.

and for the record:
i dont play guitar. and i own zero jordans. :lol:
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:59 am
Ettan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:18 amLateralus up!
i always thought this was the Lateralus cover.
Because of the slipcover's translucence and the booklet's translucence (and for some reason no vector image just made of the slipcover for these purposes), Lateralus has always had a nebulous cover representation in marketing, bad scands of the slip, scans of the book without a logo, hodgepdoges with the logo on the book. Someone on reddit shared one they made that I absolutely love.

I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.