Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

inspiration_tactic wrote:Either that's the case... or they are selling crappier merchandise to prepare you for the crappy new record. Hopefully you've found something else in the ten years since their last release so you don't hang yourself if the new record sucks.
You're such a little bitch.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Maynard hinting yet again towards new Puscifer material

"Doing stuff." #witheverybreathwedraw

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I think the last couple dozen posts would have been much more appropriate on the Grudge thread, but that's Hellboy's call.

I think people are making valid points on the various positions, but ultimately don't give a shit either way. I personally don't have any need for Tool towels, blankets, pillows, crusty used tissues etc. But I couldn't care less if they sell them or if somebody finds them attractive/useful/whatever and sends Merch their dirty dollars.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Also Matt and Jeff from Puscifer and APC will be at M.I in Hollywood this week to talk and play one APC track. Source? I have a friend that goes there.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Naattik wrote:I think the last couple dozen posts would have been much more appropriate on the Grudge thread, but that's Hellboy's call.

I think people are making valid points on the various positions, but ultimately don't give a shit either way. I personally don't have any need for Tool towels, blankets, pillows, crusty used tissues etc. But I couldn't care less if they sell them or if somebody finds them attractive/useful/whatever and sends Merch their dirty dollars.
I like to think of my comments as constructive criticism thank you. I care. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

inspiration_tactic wrote:If they start getting lazy with their music and concert experience, that's when I'll finally stop defending them.
Uh...
Bones
of Arimathea

Post by Bones »

Lol
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

joeypants wrote:Their merch is getting progressively lazier. For an "art comes first" band, that's sad. Obviously the blanket is a borderline joke but still... I miss the actual attention to detail and composition.
this moment occurred in 2011, when all of the melbourne tool show merch went to print with 'Febuary' spelled wrong.

the blanket sucks, joke or not. The fact they sold out in a day at $150 a pop, and people are upset they didn't get one speaks volumes about the current mental capacity of humans and their insufferable need for consumerism; and so far as tool fans go, their own inability to recognize that tool are fucking with them by selling below mediocre products while they've completely missed the point of tool's (supposed) historic message in being fooled by said joke.

Next, they'll be selling us televisions to turn off.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Tool just proved that they can sell anything to these damn window lickers. Dildos, toilet paper, used condoms, ajax, sea monkeys, dog biscuits, Opiate reissue, alexgreyuptheass, etc for 156 dollars. It's such a strange number. Salival 2 in June.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

156 is a clue to when the new album comes out.

Time for a good ol group puzzle brainstorm.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

2156 is the year it'll be released obviously
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

petemasterpete wrote: The fact they sold out in a day at $150 a pop, and people are upset they didn't get one speaks volumes about the current mental capacity of humans and their insufferable need for consumerism;
Is that even the case? I haven't heard anyone complain that they missed out on a blanket. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
Aw da wong pashes

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Ki77aan :twisted:
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's on Facebook comments right next to "Come to Brazil!!!".
munchieswolf
Bronco's Fan

Post by munchieswolf »

The blanket is less offensive than those used target practice sheets Maynard was selling a few years back.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

What a shame. It's amazing that one little blanket could tear down the TooL eMpiRe with one innocent swoop. They had a good run.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

To remain relevant they should have pitched a Doona...
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Never seen this before!

Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Stephen Stickler is currently releasing previously uncirculated photographs from early 90s, check him out! https://www.facebook.com/stephen.stickler?fref=photo

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

munchieswolf wrote:The blanket is less offensive than those used target practice sheets Maynard was selling a few years back.
I disagree - the targets were a much better idea in my opinion. If I had to pick between a $150 blanket, and a $150 target shot by Maynard, I'd pick the target every time.
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Bill Hilly wrote:
inspiration_tactic wrote:Either that's the case... or they are selling crappier merchandise to prepare you for the crappy new record. Hopefully you've found something else in the ten years since their last release so you don't hang yourself if the new record sucks.
You're such a little bitch.
I'll ready your noose.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
munchieswolf wrote:The blanket is less offensive than those used target practice sheets Maynard was selling a few years back.
I disagree - the targets were a much better idea in my opinion. If I had to pick between a $150 blanket, and a $150 target shot by Maynard, I'd pick the target every time.
Totally. You can't really "art up" a target, it's a novelty. That blanket... it's such a "meh, we had someone sew these together. Who gives a shit" gesture. I DO think it's funny anyone decided to pony up more than $30 for one of these things though. If you can pull it off, more power to you, I suppose and it is funny in a way. But still...
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

"Hey you have a Tool blanket, that's neat. You paid HOW MUCH for it? You're crazy. What's with the used shooting range target? It was used by who? ....... At least you can use the blanket for warmth."

I'll say it again, it's really odd to see the same people who vividly defended the Opiate re-issue have a problem with the blankets.

Plus, weren't there only a couple hundred or so? Doesn't that make them way more "collectible" than the Opiate re-issue? (A defense of Opiate that someone had)
Hey! Denty!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

yada yada yada, moving on.