Post by Busty McCracken »

Auto correct produced a beauty!
Listen to All Them Witches
basejumper
Droner

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by basejumper »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 pm
Oh...you didn't hear? I now answer to my beautiful fiance - a pretty, Colombian fitness instructor from my old gym and one time teen model - in a house overlooking Port Phillip Bay. You were almost right though. :?
What's his name? Glad you're getting out of Chicago!
Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

bob wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:59 pm
the toolarchive video update thing had this in it. they took some letters from the code and it could spell ''may third release''
Wouldn't that be awesome!! A new TooL album in 3 weeks AND I win my own contest!
:lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Some people have vivid imaginations. May 3rd for a single if we're lucky.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:52 pm D is the 4th letter of the alphabet

E is the 5th letter of the alphabet

C is the 3rd letter of the alphabet

E is the 5th letter of the alphabet

M is the 14th letter of the alphabet

4+5+3+5+14 = 31

There are 31 days in December

4 x 5 x 3 x 5 x 14 = 4,200

4,200 represents 420 blaze it but 100 times stronger

4+5 = 9
5+3 = 8
3+5 = 8
5+14 = 19

9+8=17
8+8=16
8+19=27

17+16=33 (Freemasons?)
16+27=43

33+43=76

7+6= 13

Flip 13 and you get 31

THERE ARE 31 DAYS IN DECEMBER

OMFG
What drugs you are on? Now gimme some :mrgreen:
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sorry my Colombian girlfriend (who was a teen model) took the rest
Canned audience laughter
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

(And still is)
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

(lol)
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

It is getting kind of ridiculous that they haven't announced a release date. This is not a rant or me being a dick but there is no way they haven't confirmed a release date with their label by now. The record is obviously mastered. I think most of this is Tool just playing around with the fan base and after 13 years it just isn't interesting any longer. May/June/July whatever, just announce the date and move on.

I feel bad for the people that bought tickets for the May shows or are thinking about it. I know if I was going to a show in May I would absolutely want to know ahead of time if they would be playing new material. The kicker for those people is the tickets will likely sell out if they wait too long. Shame Tool doesn't think about things like this when it comes to the fans.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Fartypants_McGee
Bronco's Fan

Post by Fartypants_McGee »

I've got tickets for a May show. It'd be nice to know I just plunked down my hard-earned cash (plus travel, hotel, etc) and will get to hear some new music in return. I guess the "not knowing" is part of the experience of being a Tool fan, but on the other hand it wouldn't kill them to be maybe 10% human for a minute and go, "Hey guys, we know you've been waiting and supporting us for a long time, and we're going to reward your patience and support with some new songs on this tour."

I'm looking forward to Maynard's "nobody told you we'd play new songs, dummies" tweet after the pitchforks and torches come out when the setlist is the exact same thing they've been touring on for the last decade.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I was just coming in here to post something similar mate. It's gotten to a point where a release date has to be fairly imminent., I'm finding myself checking my phone when I wake half expecting to see a release announcement. Just give us fucking SOMETHING!! on the plus side Baroness released a new song
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm still expecting this album to be at best, slightly better than their last one. There is still a lot to be concerned about with Album 5:

*Many years of delays
*Scrapped material
*A/Descending has always sounded generic/rehashed to me
*Band cohesiveness
*Eat the Elephant
*13 years between albums

I'm excited for new Tool, but I'm going into this with low expectations. The new single will tell me a lot, whenever it gets released.

I'm pulling for Tool to put together one more masterpiece, but what are the chances they did?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 pm I'm still expecting this album to be at best, slightly better than their last one. There is still a lot to be concerned about with Album 5:

*Many years of delays
*Scrapped material
*A/Descending has always sounded generic/rehashed to me
*Band cohesiveness
*Eat the Elephant
*13 years between albums

I'm excited for new Tool, but I'm going into this with low expectations. The new single will tell me a lot, whenever it gets released.

I'm pulling for Tool to put together one more masterpiece, but what are the chances they did?
Yeah that sounds about right to me. They are no longer the same people that made Aenima / Lateralus 20 years ago. if the new album comes out slightly better than 10K days then I'll be stoked! Just coz 10K didn't reach the levels of its 2 predecessors , it's by no means a bad album.

Anyone that goes in with higher expectations than that is bound to be disappointed even if the new album turned out to be a masterpiece
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wouldn't start getting antsy about new Tool album news to the first week of May.

It's coming, we know it's coming, relax, just do it.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:24 pm Anyone that goes in with higher expectations than that is bound to be disappointed even if the new album turned out to be a masterpiece
That's exactly it. I'm seeing a lot of fans ready to ejaculate all over new music, and all they are going to end up with in the end is post nut syndrome with a mess to clean up.

I love 10,000 Days btw.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Too late sorry, and aint no 80s song reference is gonna break my stride , nobody gonna slow me down , oh no. I got to keep moving.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I expect we'll get an announcement pretty soon. Tool not big on drip feeding, so I expect waiting until everything is nailed down first. There may well be a release date set with the label, but I don't think Tool will give out that info until the title, tracklist, art, release formats etc is all nailed down.

My prediction is that we're on track for an early May single release, and then album early June. Probably expect to hear about the single not long after Easter.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

thekillingjoke wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 pm
Tool_User wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 pm What other Tool songs sound like other Tool songs?
Salival-Pushit and Right In Two sound really similar to me. The guitars in the verses could almost be layered on top of each other.
Same kind of vibe, similar tabla/percussion sections.
The percussion on Salival Pushit and Intension/Right in Two reminds me of Within You Without You by George Harrison. I believe a tabla is used in that as well. That would be one Tool should do if they ever did a Beatles cover. It would be perfect considering it is lyrically and thematically identical to Reflection as well as having that ethereal introspective quality that goes beyond the typical psychedelic experience and into the realm of a genuine spiritual realization.

But anyway, pretty surreal that we are on the verge of new Tool music. I am trying to imagine where they can possibly go from 10k considering that album ended with literally ascending to heaven and being received by God with the word ASCISCO. The new title A/Descending is a clue that they are continuing where they left off, which is very exciting.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hopefully the lyrics of the album will be nothing but Old Testament quotes
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

If there aren't at least 2 references to someone's butthole I'll be sorely disappointed.
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I expect a combination of religious references and sexual innuendos disguised within an allegory to sum up the state of mankind currently and how we can all live together peacefully forever if each one of us individually acknowledges the power we all have to create whatever reality we want and take our freedom back from the slave drivers and dogma pushers, but just under the surface level so the casual listener won't realize what is being communicated besides the obvious sex joke, letting them absorb the subliminal messages properly.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Maynard did say he's been listening to the Counting Crow's album August and Everything After and taking inspiration from that, so we'll see if it influences the new album.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

August release date confirmed...
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

goddamn it