M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

shane1333 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm
shane1333 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm

AKA spring 2018 out
Na sounds like his source was trying to quell expectations a bit. Maynard not done vocals until January means Mastering doesn't start until February, possibly March. Summer release confirmed.
They don’t do summer releases. Maynard said best time to release is spring or fall.
Marynard doesn't control the industry. It takes a certain amount of time to master, then actually manufacture, etc. HB's source just confirmed Maynard is to finish vocals in January. Which then means some final recording touches and off to mastering in FEBRUARY at the earliest.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:01 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Yes. Here in Melbourne. I'm a radio DJ. I do the graveyard shift. So I get to play weird shit.
Strange, you thought I would have noticed the other 20 times you mentioned it.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Let's just go with "it'll be done when it's done" rather than making assumptions you'll rant about in a few months time.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I guess the source was cool with this info becoming click bait material for wannabe journalists. I still think we're getting this album before the tour.

*Edit - European Tour. We'll have the single before the short US festival shows.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Marynard doesn't control the industry.

:lol:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
And so the fake rumours begin XD
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Uh no Brain Mantis pay attention. Brantis is the god of fertility in ancient Tamaroon. Clearly this is a reference to giving berth. Do you even Tool?
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
great that you got to listen to a snippet, hellboy. at least we are much closer now. concerning the status of MJKs vocals, it's pretty much what most of us expected i guess. keep us posted as soon as you get some more info :)
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Tool_User wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... ressi.html

Edit:Sorry if this is old news

Edit 2: It is old news it's from May lol Nice to hear a bit about the recording process though.
@Tool User - Why in the literal fuck are you posting shit from Ultimate-Guitar? UG and AltNation stalk these forums looking for shit to re-post as "news" for their bullshit websites. Did you not just read about a page up where they took a hellboy forum post and presented it as news on both fucking websites?

Fuck UG. Fuck AltNation.

Oh and fuck Tool for being lazy fucks.
Oh I thought I was helping, you sound like you need every scrap of tool news you can get.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

One of the members of Tool has obviously had health issues over the past decade, but I'm sure calling them lazy bastards fills someones ego.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 am One of the members of Tool has obviously had health issues over the past decade, but I'm sure calling them lazy bastards fills someones ego.
Oh come the fuck off it health issue my ass they managed to squeeze in a greatest hits mini tour every year over the last decade. Christ naivety from you of all people is not something I would expect.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:14 am Oh I thought I was helping, you sound like you need every scrap of tool news you can get.
I reckon HB has this sorted.
tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:48 pm Strange, you thought I would have noticed the other 20 times you mentioned it.
:lol:
M0G wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:25 am Uh no Brain Mantis pay attention. Brantis is the god of fertility in ancient Tamaroon. Clearly this is a reference to giving berth. Do you even Tool?
Fkn Brantis I knew it...
Bill Hilly wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:56 pm I guess the source was cool with this info becoming click bait material for wannabe journalists. I still think we're getting this album before the tour.

*Edit - European Tour. We'll have the single before the short US festival shows.
In all seriousness I am with Bill on this, I think we are still good for before the tours.... (Fuck I hope so)....
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:56 am
tys0n wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:47 am One of the members of Tool has obviously had health issues over the past decade, but I'm sure calling them lazy bastards fills someones ego.
Oh come the fuck off it health issue my ass they managed to squeeze in a greatest hits mini tour every year over the last decade. Christ naivety from you of all people is not something I would expect.
This is my reply in video form

Canned audience laughter
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

...and some never ending legal bullshit, it is hard to argue with MOG on this stuff because for the most part they probably are lazy fuckers (excluding MJK ), reality is though they have probably earned the right to be lazy, especially given they are getting old (so fucking old (me included))... I just don't give a fuck any more i just want to hear a final few songs, see them live a one more time, then sit back and happily watch them on blu-ray when it never comes out :) .
Be good to each other.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Considering the health issues faced so far, I'm actually quite impressed they're this far along to be honest
Listen to All Them Witches
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Spring 2020 Confirmed. Europe get's the last Greatest hits tour. Which is not a terrible thing if they haven't been touring it for a decade in your area. I bet we get some info on the music clinics here in a month or so haha.

ORRRR are you just baiting COS and Alt Nation? :P
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed)...I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis"...
Was it Rance Q. Spartley? It was the bug man wasn't it?

Last edited by nxrm on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

MobileVortex wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 am

ORRRR are you just baiting COS and Alt Nation? :P
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

tys0n wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm The 'Respectful Remasters' version of Undertow is the tits

While I have not yet listened to this, I can't imagine how this could be better that what the band released.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Undertow was the best engineered album. The mix is great, with sharp drums and great low-end. It also has a lot of dynamic range. After that, IMO, the mixing and mastering went a bit downhill... not awful, but just down a bit. I feel like the last couple of albums got a bit muddy and definitely suffer from too much compression.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Thank you bunches, Sylvia.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

sudnshok wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:14 pm I may be in the minority here, but I think Undertow was the best engineered album. The mix is great, with sharp drums and great low-end. It also has a lot of dynamic range. After that, IMO, the mixing and mastering went a bit downhill... not awful, but just down a bit. I feel like the last couple of albums got a bit muddy and definitely suffer from too much compression.
I agree with all of this. As much as I prefer the later albums, I don't think any of them sound like really "great" ones. They all mimic the Tool sound adequately, but none of them would I hold up in high esteem as a great engineered/produced album in my very amateur opinion.

I've always found the suggestion to rush back to Bottrill after Baressi ruined (others words, not mine) 10,000 Days. I don't think an album under Bottrill is going to sound any better.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pure fucking insanity has taken over this thread.

I can point out a heap of albums that sound like Undertow production wise(at least to my ear)

Yet have never heard an album like Aenima or Lateralus

Hell Rollins Band - Come in and Burn sounds better production wise than Undertow.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

^ 28:50 is where that album is at..... Iiiiiiiiiiiiim so confused
Listen to All Them Witches
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I'm just over here in the corner, scrubbing Bottrill's balls, waiting on this masterful tool production.
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:31 am

Yet have never heard an album like Aenima or Lateralus
Agreed I am kind of stunned anyone actually thinks Undertow is better produced/engineered. Aenima and Lateralus sound far better than Undertow and 10,000 Days. Botrill was able to capture Tool’s sound better than Massy or Baressi it’s not even close. Botrill was able to balance between the subtly tones and textures and the pure power and fit it all together in a way that created a unique sound that matched perfectly what the band was trying to achieve musically and thematically.