hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

In other nonsensical news:
TOOL NEWSLETTER

MARCH 2021 E.V.

As I posted on the TOOL ARMY site a few weeks ago….

Those of us who work for the band wish we could share more news updates that fans would find truly exciting… because we are privy to such things, though are not at liberty to reveal them (Oh, how our fingers tremble above the keys). Not yet, anyway, but the time is coming… and it’s coming sooner than later… that much we can tell you. Until normality returns, and touring is permitted, these things (yes, plural) we hint of are sure to excite the Tool faithful… yes, very much so, we would think… so stay tuned, and we’ll let you know when we are able. We only hope that we haven’t already divulged too much.
I guess that kinda implies that the wicked news wasn't the sale of tour merch
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

that def is nonsense! agree with ya on that one :)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 pm I don't really feel inclined to create a new post/thread each time a member of Tool (usually Adam or Maynard) posts something on Facebook/Instagram/etc.  So I shall proceed to post photos and other status updated that don't warrant their own thread in here.  Feel free to do the same.

To kick us off, here a photo of Adam in the Loft, presumably working on some Tool songs (or possibly just rehearsing for the coming tour):

Yup, so it's back to speculating/guessing. My guess is they do some live thing from the Loft. My second guess is they set up a real concert somewhere on a large stage as they usually do (without any audience). If it's the second of my thoughts, I think Junior would be involved and he would not be able to speak about this at all. I can not think of any other things because Blair is really teasing this as if it something great for the TooL fan. Definitely not any other TooL merch sales. My 2 guesses are obviously a certain type of pay stream event. My thoughts only.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Undertow turns 28 next Tuesday, so see you next Tuesday.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:08 pm Undertow turns 28 next Tuesday, so see you next Tuesday.
hey, wait a minute. see you next tuesday eh ? i get it now!

Where's Busteeh ?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

A hundred bucks says it's something I don't particularly care for.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Sounds like a iivestream or the long awaited "DVD".
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:07 pm In other nonsensical news:
TOOL NEWSLETTER

MARCH 2021 E.V.

As I posted on the TOOL ARMY site a few weeks ago….

Those of us who work for the band wish we could share more news updates that fans would find truly exciting… because we are privy to such things, though are not at liberty to reveal them (Oh, how our fingers tremble above the keys). Not yet, anyway, but the time is coming… and it’s coming sooner than later… that much we can tell you. Until normality returns, and touring is permitted, these things (yes, plural) we hint of are sure to excite the Tool faithful… yes, very much so, we would think… so stay tuned, and we’ll let you know when we are able. We only hope that we haven’t already divulged too much.
I guess that kinda implies that the wicked news wasn't the sale of tour merch
cool, thx
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Calfium Jay wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:36 pm A hundred bucks says it's something I don't particularly care for.
Well in fairness, you don't seem to care for much.

There, ya happy bobsta
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:33 am
Calfium Jay wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:36 pm A hundred bucks says it's something I don't particularly care for.

There, ya happy bobsta
nope! you missed the point of what i was saying and therefore also missed,Tysons. im the only one that got the joke apparently, dooh! asking for you was a hint, Busty! you gotta be quick! Tyson does it again!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's like everyone forgot the liner notes.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:28 pm It's like everyone forgot the liner notes.
the liner notes ? i didnt know anything was referring to that in the linear notes. i know that one just cause i do from somewhere else. i'm gonna check that out!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

bob wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:52 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:33 am

There, ya happy bobsta
nope! you missed the point of what i was saying and therefore also missed,Tysons. im the only one that got the joke apparently, dooh! asking for you was a hint, Busty! you gotta be quick! Tyson does it again!
You said I get it now and that's your Canadian way of asking for a hint? By saying you get it now???

You really are an odd c u next Tuesday sometimes aren't ya Bobsta.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

so u did get it! did you google it ? and i mentioned you cause it your fav word. lionel richie called, helloo!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Haha yeah it's an oldie around these parts Bobsta.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Is TOOL going to have some crazy April Fools day thing tomorrow? Remember, we always here something crazy from the band on April 1st. I guess stay tuned!
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:26 pm Is TOOL going to have some crazy April Fools day thing tomorrow? Remember, we always here something crazy from the band on April 1st. I guess stay tuned!

:D :D :D Yeah, the whole "exciting news"-thing, I guess.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Elephteria!
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

You mean Problem 8? Or the curveball?

I'm confused.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Everything will be solved!

But Maynard forgot his pen.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Has anyone else seen this?

https://concertful.com/tour/tool/

Bonnaroo in early September?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They already announced their line up, I have no idea why'd they'd leave off a major headliner like Tool
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah I know, the Foo Fighters being on the Friday night etc. However, it only lists TOOL as having 1 gig in 2021, namely the Thursday night slot at Bonnaroo.

Anyway, I'm sure we will hear soon enough once 'touring' is allowed to resume as planned. Hopefully the band can start up again in October or November if things keep improving...
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i wouldnt get your hopes up about this for anything tbh. its a week by week thing with this virus and god knows whats going to be going on by then. vaccines should help but i still wouldnt count on much till its closer cause who knows. also Dannys been injured if you didnt know. depends how his pectoral is doing too. its kinda weird your not hearing more about that but with nothing happening i guess its more low key which is better really.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:50 pm I created a thread for vaccination stuff. Let this one remain silent in respect to Tool's lack of productivity

https://fourtheye.net/f/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1342
Hellboy, did you delete/get rid of this thread? Just curious. Is it because of Bob's last post? He seems to ruin everything. (Just kidding Bob). Let's move forward, right?

Since we are moving forward, I do not seeing Adam playing a Flying V. Gibson Flying V is a beautiful guitar, but I do not see Adam playing one. All you guys will laugh at me next time we see them live and Adam is playing a Flying V, but I do not see it.