Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants »

For what it's worth, Adam is missing Wrestlemania so they can keep working.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

You know much I want a new Tool album? I'd consider going to Wrestlemania if it would help. Take one for the team.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

joeypants wrote:For what it's worth, Adam is missing Wrestlemania so they can keep working.

Yep. (Warning that's the only Tool related tidbit in the article).

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/feat ... n-20160308
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I just saw a website say that Isreali guy attacked one of the terrorist with a guitar to prevent further attacks, but reading the interview the only attack he was intending to prevent was the one about to occur to him. Not quite as heroic as the headline wants to make it out. That's not to disparage the guy at all though; he's totally cool in my book. Just saying.

Anyway here's the original story for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articl ... -is-killed
Don't mow your lawn
DinosaurAct86
My pain is just an excuse

Post by DinosaurAct86 »

It's a sign! The former members of the band Isis should fight ISIS with their instruments.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Na, it has just been way too quiet around here lately.
Very much so...
Be good to each other.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

DinosaurAct86 wrote:It's a sign! The former members of the band Isis should fight ISIS with their instruments.

send the mainstream bands first......keep the good musicians as the commanders
go taff!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

This Made Me Laugh wrote:Following nearly ten years of work on Tool’s forthcoming new album, the band has been forced to start from scratch following a mishap during an update to the computer system the album was being recorded on.

Since the band has been working on the album for roughly a decade, members of Tool were still utilizing Windows XP because they did not want to lose their program settings. When Tool guitarist Adam Jones left the studio to watch an episode of Monday Night Raw, an automated update to Windows 10 was applied to the system recording the band’s highly anticipated album. Members of the band had reportedly been selecting the “Maybe Later” option for several years.

Jones was reportedly highly upset that he had to miss the rest of Monday Night Raw to start over on the album. Producer Tim Felix is currently learning how to use Windows 10, which is expected to take several weeks.

This is an unprecedented setback for the band, and now it is possible fans could be forced to wait nearly twenty years for a new Tool album due to a total loss of audio files.

Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan reportedly said that Jones better ‘learn to swim’ following the massive oversight. As for the new operating system, Jones is reportedly a big fan of the updates made to solitaire, and describes it as ‘extremely user friendly’.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not quite April 1st....
Ki77aan :twisted:
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Another new Puscifer-related interview with not-so-encouraging words:

http://www.pe.com/articles/keenan-79697 ... cifer.html

"Keenan said he hopes he will work again with his main A Perfect Circle collaborator, Billy Howerdel, and make new music with that band. As for Tool, there have been signs of life recently, including a 17-show tour this past January, but Keenan wasn’t promising any new music from his main band.
“We’ve found a common ground,” he said. “We just can’t seem to move forward.”"

Would be great to get some new APC music at least...
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

#smokeonthehorizon
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:#smokeonthehorizon
apparently that "smoke" turned to fire... and they cant figure out what to do. Sounds like a difference of opinion on the album..
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

I remember reading something a year or so ago that Tool and Weird Al were the only remaining artists signed to their label, and the rest of what the label dealt with was re-issues of older albums from the 80s and 90s by various artists...just out of pure chance, Weird Al came to town several months ago, and in this press article I skimmed through, it mentioned that he signed a new deal with a different record label...so, are Tool the only active band signed to Volcano? Maybe that explains a lack of pressure from the label to get something done!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote:I remember reading something a year or so ago that Tool and Weird Al were the only remaining artists signed to their label, and the rest of what the label dealt with was re-issues of older albums from the 80s and 90s by various artists...just out of pure chance, Weird Al came to town several months ago, and in this press article I skimmed through, it mentioned that he signed a new deal with a different record label...so, are Tool the only active band signed to Volcano? Maybe that explains a lack of pressure from the label to get something done!
Could be part of the reason behind Adam's recent label comment. Everything we hear about Tool and their record deal suggests that pressure from the record label to get something done is probably not going to happen.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Got an email from a Fourtheye reader recently about a couple of interviews he did. I haven't had a chance to listen, but perhaps some of you guys would be keen to hear, and then let me know if theyre worth posting on the blog:
Just thought i would pass on these links. I did 2 interviews for my podcast Special Features, one with David Bottrill and the other with Joe Baressi. Some good information that does talk Tool (a bit) amongst many other things.

Thought you might be interested,

http://specialfeatures.podbean.com/e/sf ... interview/

the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Saw this on Twitter today.
All is ok people. I am "jonesing" for a new album but if there is no music there are no lyrics and no album. Why does Tool have to be my favorite band. Hahaha
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

People get bent out of shape so easily. It's not just a Tool fan thing though.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I see comments like that all the time from Tool fans that are ignorant to Tool's process, or lack thereof. There's a ton of people that think the delay is all Maynard's fault. With the energy it takes to blast him on twitter, you can google Tool delay and probably save the embarrassment.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Maynard's biography to be released this fall.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/ma ... ar-8143487
McNadd33
Bronco's Fan

Post by McNadd33 »

Thought you might be interested,

"drop C huh? thats low"
god i wish these people would let the man talk
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

wow......could only make it 4 minutes in and I had to stop it.....these interviewers are horrible.....or at least their intro to interview was.... fuck I didn't even hear Joe in that time.
go taff!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Yeah I barely made it through the very very long intro.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hmmm, I just listened to the Bottril interview, and I think you guys are being overly critical. It was an interesting listen, just skip past the first 7 minutes if you only want to hear the interview.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Hmmm, I just listened to the Bottril interview, and I think you guys are being overly critical. It was an interesting listen, just skip past the first 7 minutes if you only want to hear the interview.
i did the same thing with the Joe interview. Skipped the beginning. They work out the bugs. Its not a perfect interview because there is a slight lag, and it appears to only let 1 side of the audio happen at a time, so they talk over eachother a couple times, but its a fine interview.

The piece about Tool is in reference to making 10,000 days.
He mentions that it took about 6 months to record and engineer, which is a looong time in comparison to most of his work.
The band generally knows exactly what they want to record before going in, not much stuff is written during sessions (exception being The Pot).
Adam doesnt like to wear headphones.
Danny is a phenomenal drummer. Usually gets Dans drum parts pretty easily.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Were all waiting for Tools next album (#5).... Tool V

Tool V --------> Volto

Mystery solved