Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:54 pm Faith No More could be the support act and these fucks would still complain
:lol: :lol: your avatar is perfectly suited to this comment.
Listen to All Them Witches
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Lolz
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:19 am
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:29 pm Most seem to just be too damn loud.
Good fucking lord.
Sorry, was a poor Back to the Future reference…
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

My prediction, now that they are in California - they will play the song that most of us are waiting for.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 pm My prediction, now that they are in California - they will play the song that most of us are waiting for.
Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

ms2r wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:31 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 pm My prediction, now that they are in California - they will play the song that most of us are waiting for.
Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
7EMPEST
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:29 pm
Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
7EMPEST
Rosetta stoned would be awesome. I don't think that will happen.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Actually, they all got folksy up front and played Battle of Evermore.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
7EMPEST

Haha! My first was correct! They played Culling Voices!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

That was the greatest TOOL show I have ever seen and it may have been the greatest show I've ever seen!!!

It was absolutely amazing; Adam Jones' birthday, live debut of Culling Voices and they played from 8:45pm to almost 11:10pm with only that 12 minute intermission. Other highlights?

1) Danny played guitar for the first 5 minutes of Culling Voices.
2) All 4 band members were seated at the FRONT of the stage for that song.
3) Maynard sounded incredible, probably the best I've ever heard him sing.
4) Maynard sang 'Happy Birthday' for Adam midway through Opiate.
5) The band were just 'locked in' all night. Just special stuff.
6) Hooker With A Penis sounded the best I've ever heard it. Very heavy & MJK's vocals on the megaphone were just right.
7) CC Trip went for maybe 6 to 7 minutes of Danny drumming flat out overall. It definitely felt like an 'extended' version.
8) The Golden 1 Center is a fantastic venue. Brand new. Great sound.

Did anything disappoint me tonight by not meeting my expectations?

NO.

Go see them on this tour if you can! You'll love it.

Here's the setlist for those who of you want to cut a sneak peek:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 8aa32.html

What else?

Fuck it. Who cares? That was insanely good! 😎🏆🙏👍

P.S. Tonight was the first show on this tour where arena staff were allowed to enforce purchase limits for POSTERS:

(a) Each person is only allowed to purchase ONE signed poster ($300).
(b) Each person is only allowed to purchase TWO regular posters ($100).

Apparently they have 580 posters in total for every show, 75 of which are signed by all 4 band members. The other 505 are 'regular' unsigned posters.

I'm going to bed... Peace! 😊
Last edited by mattw on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Thanks for all the spoilers!
Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
You got a chuckle out of me.
Canned audience laughter
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

mattw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:43 am That was the greatest TOOL show I have ever seen and it may have been the greatest show I've ever seen!!!

It was absolutely amazing; Adam Jones' birthday, live debut of Culling Voices and they played from 8:45pm to almost 11:10pm with only that 12 minute intermission. Other highlights?

4) Maynard sang 'Happy Birthday' for Justin midway through Opiate.
6) Hooker With A Penis sounded the best I've ever heard it. Very heavy & MJK's vocals on the megaphone were just right.
7) CC Trip went for maybe 6 to 7 minutes of Danny drumming flat out overall. It definitely felt like an 'extended' version.

NO.

What else?

P.S. Tonight was the first show on this tour where arena staff were allowed to enforce purchase limits for POSTERS:

Apparently the have 580 posters in total for every show, 75 of which are signed by all 4 band members. The other 505 are 'regular' unsigned posters.

Sounds like you had a great time! :)
I hope they'll keep Culling Voices in the setlist for coming tours, I like it.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

ms2r wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:47 pm
Culling Voices?
Rosetta Stoned?
4 degrees?
7EMPEST

Haha! My first was correct! They played Culling Voices!
No fucking way!!!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

mattw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:43 am That was the greatest TOOL show I have ever seen and it may have been the greatest show I've ever seen!!!

4) Maynard sang 'Happy Birthday' for Adam midway through Opiate.

NO.

What else?

Apparently they have 580 posters in total for every show, 75 of which are signed by all 4 band members. The other 505 are 'regular' unsigned posters.

Thanks for all that information! I am really going to try to get there early to try and get a poster!
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

Fuckin A this is I think their best show I’ve seen (San Francisco), and I’ve seen them 8 times, including the Lateralus tour. So far:
Sober, Hooker with a Penis, Pushit, The Grudge, The Pot, Right in Two, Fear Inoculum, Pneuma and Descending

No Jambi, 46+2, Stinkfist, Schism or Aenema. The boys are on fire.

edit: I wrote the above during the encore. They came back with Culling Voices and Invincible. They did the first part of Culling Voices with the 4 at the front of the stage, sitting down. Danny played a guitar (!) for that. This is the most diverse set list I’ve seen them play, and I will definitely need a recording of this. This will probably take the no. 1 spot show from the 2002 Lateralus concert I saw in Laredo Tx. And by extension, this is probably the best show I’ve seen in my life by ANY band (I’m not exaggerating). Tool, Laredo 2002 had that spot, no. 1 of all the shows I’ve been to in 20 years. This is going to take the cake I think. I went in blind, did not look at any set lists of this tour, I just knew they had rehearsed The Pot and The Patient, and I thought those two were going to be the token songs of this tour plus all the Fear Inoculum songs plus Jambi, 46+2, Stinkfist, Aenema and Schism. Boy I was so wrong. I think these are their first shows since 02 without ANY of those songs.

Maynard was on top of his game tonight, did really well in Sober, The Grudge and Pushit. Pushit was SUPERB. They did some tweaks and added some extra flair/riffs to Sober and The Grudge. All the band looked so happy throughout and at the end of the show, Maynard fist bumped Adam and Danny. If they are going to release a “Live DVD”, it should be the one from this show. The pace was relentless throughout the whole thing, the only breathers we got were Pneuma (which was really good) and Culling Voices (my least favorite song off FI, but having the four members at the front made it really special, it was very well done.

I was so stoked about the set that during the encore I started talking with the two people seated in front of me about how insane the set was (I never talk to random people during shows). I think lockdown/Covid affected these guys positively, it seemed like they were on a mission.

Junior, thanks for the great work! I loved having the old videos for Pushit and The Grudge. The confetti during Culling Voices was a neat touch.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Loving that this tour is rating so highly with tool fans, when I saw em back in Feb 20 I thought they were the best I've ever heard, but then again I was sober and not on a cocktail of drugs.
Canned audience laughter
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

I love how amped people get, best show ever etc. then you see videos and Adam fucks up heaps, Maynard forgets lyrics, the fern needs a water. Yeah fuck you I'm jealous, come to Aus carnts.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Sprout wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:22 pm I love how amped people get, best show ever etc. then you see videos and Adam fucks up heaps, Maynard forgets lyrics, the fern needs a water. Yeah fuck you I'm jealous, come to Aus carnts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sprout wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:22 pm I love how amped people get, best show ever etc. then you see videos and Adam fucks up heaps, Maynard forgets lyrics, the fern needs a water. Yeah fuck you I'm jealous, come to Aus carnts.
One thing that Youtube does imo is highlights the errors which are much more easily overlooked in the heat of battle while watching a show.

Tool/Adam/Maynard have never been a super tight outfit
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

cahernandez wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:39 am Junior, thanks for the great work! I loved having the old videos for Pushit and The Grudge. The confetti during Culling Voices was a neat touch.
Thanks. I can't take credit for those videos, though. That's Breck's doing.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Um, I hate to maybe point out the obvious but, um, I don't really give a shit if the band makes one or two key mistakes during their 2 hour live show...

Why?

Because pretty much NONE of us on this forum have created (a) Aenima (b) Lateralus (c) 10,000 Days or (d) Fear Inoculum.

For example, have any of you or anyone you know ever created a better sounding live song than The Pot, Pneuma, The Grudge, Descending or Invincible? I'll assume most of us would answer "No" here.

However, I apologise in advance if one of you turns out to be Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, James Hetfield, Dave Grohl or Jack White etc. As someone who cannot play a musical instrument to save my life, I just appreciate the whole live show experience even if it comes with a few mistakes. I'm not too critical of NBA players if they miss a few easy shots or turn the ball over when I go see them play live; they are human after all.

It's easy to be a critic from your armchair watching YouTube clips. I'd rather just go to the shows and enjoy it all. Sorry for the rant! 😬
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

Adam flubbed a bit during Descending last night, but I’m kinda glad this happens because it proves they are not from outer space.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

mattw wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:14 pm Um, I hate to maybe point out the obvious but, um, I don't really give a shit if the band makes one or two key mistakes during their 2 hour live show...
I don't give a shit personally, but then again I like punk.

As great a musicians they all are, it's reasonably obvious that they don't always practice together alot (especially as a 4 piece)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Pretty easy music to fuck up as a collective group in fairness. Playing tools music on an instrument by yourself is infinitely easier than jamming along with others.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Seeing them collectively (ok it was all Adam) fuck up the world premiere of 7empest will always be one of my greatest memories of seeing Tool live.
Canned audience laughter