Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

To be or not to beee
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

For whatever reason, it feels fairly comfortable to stay away from the new recordings until after I see them in a few days. This will almost certainly be my only chance to ever hear Tool play live music that I've never heard before.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

unclejackson wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm For whatever reason, it feels fairly comfortable to stay away from the new recordings until after I see them in a few days. This will almost certainly be my only chance to ever hear Tool play live music that I've never heard before.
God yes. If you're seeing them in a few days, I wouldn't dare watch any of the footage! I can't even fathom the joygasm I would have hearing either of these fresh being performed by them in the same room as me.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:15 pm Likewise Mog. Hope you're okay.
Dodged a large bullet a few months back. Just a manageable situation now. Thought I was entirely past all of it but been a rough two weeks so I have some follow up to rule out a couple of things. But all in all just normal life shit we all go thru in one form or another.

You know I think the top comment on one of the new Tool song vids on Youtube was people remembering all the people they have lost in the 13 years since 10,000 Days and how they were sad those people didn't make it to hear new music. Of course that isn't Tool's problem that is life, but it was a bit touching and a bit sad.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Damn, sorry dude. Take it easy man. Hope the results come back good. Don't go dying on us before this album comes out, seriously.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Hope your ailment subsides as well, Mog.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

unclejackson wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm For whatever reason, it feels fairly comfortable to stay away from the new recordings until after I see them in a few days. This will almost certainly be my only chance to ever hear Tool play live music that I've never heard before.
Definitely. If I'd have been seeing them this summer I'd I would've waited too.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wonder if Descending is the track Adam had a million amps for the final solo when recording it in the studio
Canned audience laughter
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Wow, so first off I am in touring Scotland on holiday, as they say, and woke up at 5 GMT(not on purpose) and decided to watch the video on YouTube of Invincible. Liked it, but being hung over and jet lagged still, the audience talking really took me out of it. So I wasn’t to impressed honestly.

Took a beautiful drive in the Scottish highlands, saw a few castles, drove thru the beautiful country side, and arrived to a castle hotel with my gf. Had dinner and a few drinks/pints, smoked the vape pen we flew out here and she just pasted out and I put on the noise canceling headphones to finally watch Descending. Again wow, I really liked it and just a little more than Invincible. Still the audience is taking me a little out of the song even with a good buzz on. If it’s meant to not have any vocals at the end I ain’t mad it. Really ends strong and really cool to hear how the song finally turned out after seeing it live so many times.

Next I listened to Invincible. Got a slightly better YouTube recording and again, wow. Adam Jones at 6-8 mins in with that space guitar solo and riffs made me remember what made Tool stand out to me back in 2003 when my friends got me to finally listen to there whole catalog. Seriously his guitar licks are futuristic space rock and I was totally loving it. It’s long, but love the breakdowns and the journey that song takes you.

I honestly am really bummed that they haven’t released at least these two songs for sale on streaming sites so I can hear the beautifully mixed studio versions and really go on a music adventure. Come on Tool(Adam), do I need to go in the grudge thread and curse you out again! So thankful and stoked for people recording and sharing this wonderful new music with us, but I need studio quality Tool giving my ears and mind a amazing experience.

Stoked for all of you going to be able to see them live. I can’t wait till more shows for better and better quality recordings. Sad I won’t be anywhere close to see them live these next few months, but hopefully can see them in the fall. Bring on this new album and I am happy with what I can take/hear now, but very impatiently waiting for the official release. Happy to see this place buzzing. Cheers!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

^^lol, my wife just went to Scotland on Saturday with her mom and brother for vacation.

Invincible is pretty bad ass, it should sound way better on the album.

I wonder if they ditched the lasers. Or maybe the city didn’t allow them, or was part of the technical issues due to the weather. Maybe Junior can chime in.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

That breakdown in invincible is so good. I can’t wait to blow my speakers out when this album drops.

Also Tyson I don’t think it is. I can see where it might be but I think that’s a different song. Same with that snippet of the 3 guys jamming. I don’t think that part is from either song out yet.
novaconda

Post by novaconda »

Get well, MOG.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Im good bitches now let's get back to complaining about the release date! Joking aside ToolAchive must have gotten some updated news because last vid he seemed to think July/August but now it's August/September. Maybe another packaging delay? Just can't imagine the digital stuff isn't all worked out. Man I wish they would say fuck it and toss Descending and Invincible on ITunes and Amazon would be amazing getting to hear them studio quality.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah I don’t get it. If it’s packaging related then why not put the back catalog up? You’ve just given all of these people hundreds of thousands of views when it could have been clicks. No idea what their plan is. New music is 8/10 right now for me but it would’ve absolutely been 10/10 if the sound quality was there.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

rshforgothispw wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:31 pm Yeah I don’t get it. If it’s packaging related then why not put the back catalog up? You’ve just given all of these people hundreds of thousands of views when it could have been clicks. No idea what their plan is. New music is 8/10 right now for me but it would’ve absolutely been 10/10 if the sound quality was there.
It's confusing as hell. I am sitting here going take my money. If it is packaging why not just post an update saying it's packaging? That is the thing about Tool that drives me crazy. And even if it is packaging and it is pushed back to September why not make it available for pre-order? That is what is so confusing is the radio silence. They do already know which month it is going to be released sources have confirmed that but I can only imagine they don't know which week yet. It would be so easy just to post a quick update saying packaging logistics delay album dropping in August/September will post exact day soon.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

That solo/ breakdown for the second half of descending is really sticking with me. Can't wait to hear the album
also, Avatar!
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Probably the best quality I've seen so far

I love how into it JC is in the first minute, he's not even playing, just boppin and fistpumping.

For whatever reason, Invincible gives me strong Native American vibes.
novaconda

Post by novaconda »

Moridin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 pm Probably the best quality I've seen so far

I love how into it JC is in the first minute, he's not even playing, just boppin and fistpumping.

What I love is when Justin comes into the song around 2:00 in. He really starts the groove of the song! Awesome bass line.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Regarding the Aug/Sept rumour, I believe that ToolArchive's source is reasonably solid, and in fact points to September more than August. The idea that packaging can delay the album by several months is frustrating to say the least. We know the album is "done" from a recording sense. Perhaps in a few months time, when all is revealed we'll go "ah, that's why" and all will be forgiven, but for now it's hard to appreciate that perspective.

That said, at this point in time I'm not getting too worked up over anything, until the band announce otherwise.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Fuck me if it ends up being August September is a hell of a long time to try avoid any bootlegs of invincible and any other tracks they may play before release date. Between yourself Hellboy and tool archive ya know your stuff so sounding like that's the way it's gonna be. Stoked the albums coming but fuck.. another possible 4 months .. le sigh
Listen to All Them Witches
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:01 pm Fuck me if it ends up being August September is a hell of a long time to try avoid any bootlegs of invincible and any other tracks they may play before release date. Between yourself Hellboy and tool archive ya know your stuff so sounding like that's the way it's gonna be. Stoked the albums coming but fuck.. another possible 4 months .. le sigh
When/where did they say this?
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

novaconda wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Moridin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 pm Probably the best quality I've seen so far

What I love is when Justin comes into the song around 2:00 in. He really starts the groove of the song! Awesome bass line.
Damn this version has so many more sounds coming through.

hellboy if it’s packaging related why aren’t they dropping a single?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

New album released with a LIVE BluRay featuring 10 concerts over 2 decades, all previous albums remastered and in surround sound (5.1 & 7.1), all previous music clips in 4k resolution including Opiate extended & The Pot and a key chain.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 pm and a key chain.
:D

Seriously though, what the hell. Release the back catalog and new album digitally and pre-order physical copies. I don't understand the tactics if it is simply a packaging delay. Like I said earlier, sounds to me like there is still a delay with streaming services as well. It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this than just packaging.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy