Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

I agree that Descending is a little bland.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's bland because it sounds like more rehashed Tool. Me personally, I first listened to this jam over the internet when they started introducing it, and then live in person. My opinion hasn't changed. It sounds like several older Tool songs and it's not interesting to me at all.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:It's bland because it sounds like more rehashed Tool. Me personally, I first listened to this jam over the internet when they started introducing it, and then live in person. My opinion hasn't changed. It sounds like several older Tool songs and it's not interesting to me at all.
I agree, it sounds pretty recycled to me. That's not a significant problem, as Tool recycle stuff pretty frequently, but in this particular case it just sounds like B-side type material to me.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Didn't Adam say in a Q and A that its actually just a gutted version of a really long song?
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig wrote:Didn't Adam say in a Q and A that its actually just a gutted version of a really long song?
Probably. I don't mean to suggest I think it's a complete song.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I really dig the new Opiate breakdown and am surprised that it's just that. It would fit more into an evolved Tool sound that is taking 10 + years to come to fruition. The Descending jam, whether or not it is just a gutted/looped version of a really long song, doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzy as the re-worked Opiate. The Opiate breakdown doesn't even fit with the fracking song! Also, Wings for Marie was played in gutted form during the Lateralus tour and even that version sounded new and awesome to my ears.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Apparently Aftershock uploaded a picture of Tool then removed it. Interesting
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There seems to be stuff around on social media that suggests Danny spoke about festival shows at a recent Volto show, so given this weight of evidence I suspect it's pretty likely to happen.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Ettan wrote:Apparently Aftershock uploaded a picture of Tool then removed it. Interesting
Also on the picture: Korn, Disturbed, and Avenged Sevenfold!!! :roll:
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

Bill Hilly wrote:I really dig the new Opiate breakdown and am surprised that it's just that. It would fit more into an evolved Tool sound that is taking 10 + years to come to fruition. The Descending jam, whether or not it is just a gutted/looped version of a really long song, doesn't give me the same warm and fuzzy as the re-worked Opiate. The Opiate breakdown doesn't even fit with the fracking song! Also, Wings for Marie was played in gutted form during the Lateralus tour and even that version sounded new and awesome to my ears.
Agreed, I think it's great but I don't feel that it really fits with the song...I just hope when they eventually release the video, they'll include some kind of downloadable version of the re-recorded song that we can listen to, outside of watching the video (which I have a sneaking suspicion won't be the case).
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

This was the photo Aftershock Festival inadvertantly uploaded on Friday (June 3)
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Adams latest IG post shows a baby on the way.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Krazy_blah wrote:Adams latest IG post shows a baby on the way.
good for Adam, bad for fans
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Was just told Tool posted on FB that they're playing Little Rock, Arkansas on October 28. Anyone wanna check?

Edit: it's up on toolband now

Denver
Salt Lake City
Little Rock, Arkansas
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

October 24th - Salt Lake City, UT @ Maverik Center
Tickets go on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at all Smith's Tix locations, smithstix.com and the venue box office.
TICKETS

October 26th - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at Altitude Tickets.
TICKETS

October 28th - Little Rock, AR @ Verizon Arena
Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10am CDT. Purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com or livenation.com.
TICKETS
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Damn, another mini tour that doesn't come within reasonable driving distance. :/ Expected it this go around at least.

Will have to sit these out most likely unless work manages to put me in a one of the spots, unlikely though.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Looks like I am going back to "Happy Valley" Utah where I grew up! I have lots of friends that love Tool and haven't been able to travel to see them the last couple of tours. So I am happy they finally get to see them live since 2009. I of course am excited to see them live but sad that there won't be any new material by then.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

What a busy year this has been for Maynard, and people still give him crap for being lazy / delaying the Tool album. Unbelievable. Also, two mini tours in one year? Tool is a weird band.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

TOOL SHOWS, VIPS, AND NEW WEBSTORE INFO

TOOL CONCERT TICKETS, VIP PACKAGES
& NEW TOOL WEBSTORE HEADS UP!
We are pleased to announce 3 TOOL headlining shows - in Denver, Salt Lake City, and Little Rock - but ask for your full attention to certain details regarding the concerts and special VIP EVENT PRE-SALES (for TOOLARMY MEMBERS) in order to make the purchasing of tickets go smoothly - especially as we SWITCH OVER TO OUR NEW TOOL WEBSTORE on MONDAY, JUNE 6th.

TOOL SHOWS:

October 24th - Salt Lake City, UT @ Maverik Center. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at all Smith's Tix locations, smithstix.com and the venue box office.

TICKETS

October 26th - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10:00am MDT at Altitude Tickets.
TICKETS

October 28th - Little Rock, AR @ Verizon Arena. Tickets on sale Friday, June 10th at 10am CDT. Purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com or livenation.com.
TICKETS

VIP EVENT PRE-SALES

A VERY LIMITED NUMBER of special VIP EVENT TICKETS will be available for the above three Tool shows - this as a salute to our distinguished TOOLARMY members who may want to reap the benefits of membership and get more of the Tool concert experience than that of more casual fans. The VIP PRE-SALE will begin on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th at 10:00 AM PDT. Again, this pre-sale is only available to ToolArmy members.

TOOL VIP TICKET PRE-SALE DETAILS

CONTENTS:

- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show (to be distributed at the VIP event)
- Admission for one (1) to the VIP event in the venue
- Early entry into the venue
- Live Q+A session with Adam Jones*
- One (1) VIP merchandise pack (to be picked up at the VIP event)
- Tool's tour merchandise available for early purchase and at a discount at the VIP event
- Photo opportunity
- Light refreshments
*Live Q+A session is subject to change with another band member or band members

PLEASE ADD VIP@TOOLBAND.COM TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BOOK TO RECEIVE FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING THE VIP EVENT(S). (Check spam filter if necessary.)

VIP EXPERIENCE PRICE: $499.98

Limit: 2 tickets/packages per person. Anyone who doesn't follow this simple rule will be subject to having his or her ENTIRE ORDER CANCELLED AND REFUNDED!

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING PRE-SALES:

We've moved the Tool and Tool Army store to an entirely new platform of which all current memberships will be honored! As a Tool Army member, you will still have access to exclusive merchandise through the new store. However, due to security reasons, ALL existing Tool Army members must choose a new password to get started, prior to purchasing pre-sale tickets. (TA members should check the email addresses associated with their memberships as well as their spam box for an email with a link to reset their passwords.)

PLEASE NOTE: If for some reason you didn't get the 'reset password' e-mail that was sent out, TOOL ARMY members can use the following smartURL (smarturl.it/pswdreset) to do so now.

smarturl.it/pswdreset

Again, we'll need you to choose a NEW PASSWORD to get started. This password reset will be for the new store only - and your current password will still be required to access content on ToolArmy.com

BMB
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

It appears they are selling ANNUAL TA memberships. All previous memberships will be honored. Good to know I won't have to renew annually.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

badkittygothgirl wrote:It appears they are selling ANNUAL TA memberships. All previous memberships will be honored. Good to know I won't have to renew annually.
saw that too. not sure how they can justify these, at this point
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

brewdog123 wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:It appears they are selling ANNUAL TA memberships. All previous memberships will be honored. Good to know I won't have to renew annually.
saw that too. not sure how they can justify these, at this point
Pure speculation, but based on the introduction of an Annual Membership I imagine a Toolband & Tool Army website re-design will happen within a year.

An annual membership fee would be difficult to justify without something new being worked on, that's for sure.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote: Pure speculation, but based on the introduction of an Annual Membership I imagine a Toolband & Tool Army website re-design will happen within a year.

An annual membership fee would be difficult to justify without something new being worked on, that's for sure.
C'mon Norm... I know you've been paying attention for the past decade or so... they have had ZERO problem ignoring justification all this time... why start now?
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:
nxrm wrote: Pure speculation, but based on the introduction of an Annual Membership I imagine a Toolband & Tool Army website re-design will happen within a year.

C'mon Norm... I know you've been paying attention for the past decade or so... they have had ZERO problem ignoring justification all this time... why start now?
Oh man, no joke...I'm busting up laughing over here. :lol:

It's so true...nothing's going to happen.

I oscillate between delusional optimism and total disappointment as a Tool fan (no pun intended)...and I was just feeling good for moment there.

Thanks for bringing me back down. :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Aftershock Fest is now on TM...