Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by limeygringo »

gamebounty wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm I wanna say that's old artwork. I'm like, 65% certain...
I wanna say it's similar enough to Alex Grey's Caduceus painting that it's easy to think that, but either way we'll know soon enough
Ahhh, Infotainment!
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

3.5 months of torture. Lol. Home stretch!!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

It’s really the best time if you think about it. Soak in these songs and then get the title and track list then the packaging then the music. Tool will really own MMXIX.
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

M0G wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 pm Hey Junior how goes it. Hey can we get a release date? Seriously. In my 39 years of life never heard of an album being mastered and it taking 7 months for it to actually get released. Any idea what your bosses are smoking? I mean I am happy for you touring is cash and you gotta eat but damn. September? October?
Hey, you owe Junior one, he got you a release date a few hours after your petition!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The 2019 new album announcement tour! :)

It will definitely be interesting to see what else is revealed during this tour, although I imagine it won't be until the Aftershock Festival and beyond that additional new material will be played.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

So anyway, the new songs are sick. My initial reaction was a little negative, but they've grown on me. Invincible is a beast. Jesus christ that last chorus is one hell of a head banger. The slide guitar solo in descending is wicked, but the second half needs some Maynard, so I'm hoping this is just a Vicarious situation.

I really need to hear studio versions of these songs though. I can just imagine how pristine that will be and it makes me thirsty as hell. Now to find a way to kill an entire summer so I can hear this shit asap.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The songs are cool, I agree, and I expect will only improve with the recorded version. Aug 30 can't come soon enough (though I'll be surprised if we don't get one of those two tracks released before then)

Agree regarding the small slide solo too - standout moment to me for some reason, probably because it channels Third Eye a bit
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

cahernandez wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 pm
M0G wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 pm Hey Junior how goes it. Hey can we get a release date? Seriously. In my 39 years of life never heard of an album being mastered and it taking 7 months for it to actually get released. Any idea what your bosses are smoking? I mean I am happy for you touring is cash and you gotta eat but damn. September? October?
Hey, you owe Junior one, he got you a release date a few hours after your petition!
That wasn’t Junior obviously this was planned. I was messing with Junior earlier and I imagine he was getting a good chuckle knowing this was already coming tonight.
The most intelligent person on this forum
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Krazy_blah wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:16 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 pm Were the lasers missing from the festival set?
They had some high up front on the stage, aimed down at the stage platform. I didn’t watch every video but only really noticed it during Descending. Just a guess but maybe that’s what some of the technical difficulties and shorter time for the crew effected.
At some outdoor locations (such as the Florida festival) the lasers have to be fully contained to the stage.
If there is nothing out in the crowd area for them to safely terminate, then they have to stay on the stage.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

The slide solo is so cool to me because it's so unexpected, yet somehow manages to work. it's probably my favorite of the solos displayed so far. Plus it's got that dirtiness to it that hasn't really shined since Aenima. It also seems like Adam is using more pick squeals. Again, to highlight that last chorus of Invincible, it sounds like he slips them at the sickest moments between all those muted notes. His tone is kind of weird, so I might be wrong about those being pick squeals, but either way it's awesome.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

junior wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:11 pm "...safely terminate..."
Otherwise you end up reenacting the Rite of Carrousel from Logan's Run.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:59 pm The songs are cool, I agree, and I expect will only improve with the recorded version. Aug 30 can't come soon enough (though I'll be surprised if we don't get one of those two tracks released before then)

Agree regarding the small slide solo too - standout moment to me for some reason, probably because it channels Third Eye a bit
I really hope we do. You can already imagine im sure about what I think about August 30th as a release date but it is what it is and at least we do finally have a date. As we have said before a bit of a shame they are missing a chance to release the Opiate rework and Pot vid which would be fantastic ways to hold us over until then but it’s Tool and trying to figure out a reason why they do anything will ultimately end in frustration.

Bottom line great news. We have a date.

Also I will give some credit in that they could have went hard on YouTube uploads taking them down but they didn’t and that is about as close to fan service as we are gonna get from those guys.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Check out @Tool’s Tweet:

I been saying for years I'll get excited when I see an official announcement.. this will do for me... we made it!! Ahaha
Listen to All Them Witches
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I might have been right, I'm putting my money on MMXIX as the album title.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm pretty sure it means there's going to be 2019 songs on the new album!!!
Listen to All Them Witches
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

M0G wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:08 pm
That wasn’t Junior obviously this was planned. I was messing with Junior earlier and I imagine he was getting a good chuckle knowing this was already coming tonight.
In-deed.
It was way too easy of a joke to let it get passed up.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I am stoked we finally got the release date. I just wish it was sooner, but am happy to wait. I am hoping we get the odd additional surprise over the next few months. The Opiate video would be awesome... Listened again to the Tool Archive version of Invincible today and cannot wait to hear the studio versions, the new music is so good I think. Good times.
Be good to each other.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

junior wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:32 pm

In-deed.
I was blown away that you were able to chime in an hour or so out from the start of the show.
Be good to each other.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

In-deed.
Very well played. I hope all the upcoming shows are successful (and safe no more lightning!)
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Takeo wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:52 pm Wonder if the torch simply represents the announcement a/k/a opening ceremony. Or something from the album art?
I think it’s pretty obvious...

Confirmed: Tool playing the opening ceremonies of the XXXII Summer Olympic Games in Tokyo.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:22 pm Check out @Tool’s Tweet:

I been saying for years I'll get excited when I see an official announcement.. this will do for me... we made it!! Ahaha
Geezus was that made with Movie Creator?
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

PimPle wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 pm

In-deed.
I was blown away that you were able to chime in an hour or so out from the start of the show.
I was on dinner break.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

tys0n wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:40 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:22 pm Check out @Tool’s Tweet:

Geezus was that made with Movie Creator?
It's more humane than getting animators from Korea.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There's certainly some interesting themeing going on of late:
  • The use of roman numerals to show the year (and perhaps album title) MMXIX
  • The use of the broken Greek statue in Adi Granov's poster design
  • The olympic torch motif in Alex Grey's work
  • Pyramids in the video during Descending
  • Lyrics invoking a warrior on Invincible
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

junior wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:40 pm
I was on dinner break.
You get a dinner break? I thought Tool were slavedrivers who pay minimum wage?