Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

so the count down is on. 7 days to go, i didnt do that on purpose. Whatcha' think the deal is going to be ?
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Fear Inoculum
Pneuma
Stinkfist
Schism
46&2
Invincible
Jambi
Song from Undertow
Chocolate Trip
Descending
Vicarious
Parabola

Descending and 7empest alternating
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Band rehearsal on Adam's Instagram live: https://www.instagram.com/adamjones_tv/live/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The Pot right now...

And a longer capture...

Last edited by nxrm on Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

And it's over. That was awesome though.

*They're over on the Toolmusic account now playing The Patient. \m/

Full capture here...

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no saved audio. big surprise. the fiinaal couuntdoown!~
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:03 am no saved audio. big surprise. the fiinaal couuntdoown!~
There's audio on all the links, you may just have to click through to reddit. Or...

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i ended up finding that a bit ago but thanks brah! thats by far the best one! sweet!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

They won't do it but I wish they'd put Rosetta Stoned back in the rotation in place of Schism/Vicarious/Part of Me or any combination of the three. It hasn't been played in almost 13 (!) years.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

fortysixand2 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 am They won't do it but I wish they'd put Rosetta Stoned back in the rotation in place of Schism/Vicarious/Part of Me or any combination of the three. It hasn't been played in almost 13 (!) years.
I would like Right In Two as well...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Awesome Norm, thanks. Very stoked for the show.

100% on Rosetta Stoned as well.
Ki77aan :twisted:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Rosetta ain't coming back, just like 10,000 days or DRT, tour specific songs.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

The 7:00 to 8:00 or so part of ROSETTA STONED might just be one of my favourite TOOL 'minutes' of music they've ever created. It's seriously good stuff and I always hook into it or that 'part' whenever I listen to the song. Saw it live twice too and both times were spot on! It's just a fascinating piece of their music I just keep wanting to hear... kinda like, you know, from 4:05 onward in 46&2. Once you see that part performed live your mind kinda feels blown. Just saying. The "I'll keep digging..." moment in Stinkfist at live shows is always pretty epic too.

I think Rosetta Stoned was the very FIRST song the band wrote and recorded after the Lateralus album. I remember something about them having this massive "jam" with lots of "heavy parts" in 2003 or 2004 so maybe they just kept tweaking it until 10,000 Days came out in May, 2006. Maybe they did something similar with 7empest from 2011 to 2018.

Oh well. The tour kicks off Monday night in Eugene, Oregon!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

They did some nice surprises in 2012 (hooker,leeches) along with some other rare ones. I agree at this point though. Rosetta isnt going to be part of any set for sometime, if ever again. I wouldnt say its not possible though. those 5 to 6 week tours once FI gets a bit older can deliver but how many more of those will happen.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Rosetta Stoned would indeed be a neat surprise albeit I've heard it several times in concert.

I just really hope on fear Inoculum and pneuma. Plus I wonder if culling voices might ever be played.

But I guess they kick off with their token songs to get in shape
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:50 am Rosetta Stoned would indeed be a neat surprise albeit I've heard it several times in concert.

I just really hope on fear Inoculum and pneuma. Plus I wonder if culling voices might ever be played.

But I guess they kick off with their token songs to get in shape
i hear ya on that! i remember in 2009 after the 10k tour i was like rosetta again, really? just wanting some other gems to pop up. looking back im not so bummed about that anymore. You'll get FI and Pneuma. thats a given i'd say. i hope you get 7empest if u want to hear it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Really hoping I finally get to hear Descending live. It wasn't played at the three shows I went to after Fear Inoculum was released.

Would be great to hear 7empest as well, but I'd be surprised if it's back on the setlist at this point.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

nxrm wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:22 pm Really hoping I finally get to hear Descending live. It wasn't played at the three shows I went to after Fear Inoculum was released.

Would be great to hear 7empest as well, but I'd be surprised if it's back on the setlist at this point.
Stay positive my friend. If you check the first 2 shows they did in March of 2020 (in the states) before everything got shut down, these 2 songs were played. I think they were going to start playing these songs on the rest of the tour. Now I think they are really ready to add these to the nightly setlist.

Here is a link to what I am referring to. https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/tool-2bd6d836.html
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

They all seem pretty damn keen to perform 7empest so shouldn't take long for it to come back out into the set. Really depends how much time they've had to gel all 4 of em together I guess.

Saw Rosetta once. Loved the mid and ending sections , but found the intro to be a bit meh with may jays lyrics. Just didn't think that lyric style translated well to live sitting for me
Listen to All Them Witches
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

When TOOL were over in New Zealand on February 28 and 29 in 2020, just as all the Covid stuff was getting pretty serious etc., they played both Descending AND 7empest at the Friday night show but left out both Parabola and 46 & 2.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 9b866.html

The Saturday show had 7empest again but Descending was swapped out for Parabola and 46 & 2. I reckon the band were just experimenting with their sets and might have realised "Let's just play one or the other, swap Descending and 7empest around each night" etc. They did that in Melbourne the week before; played Descending Saturday Feb 22 and then played 7empest Sunday Feb 23.

I'm thinking we will get the same alternating thing this tour. 7empest is 15+ minutes with a LOT of parts that can wrong... 😬
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They did it in Sydney first, world premiere of 7empest as I recall.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yes mate, I was there both nights! First night was with 3 friends, 2 of whom had never seen the band play live before. Same thing the next night but with 2 other people (they couldn't get tickets to the Monday night show, because, well... it's TOOL and tickets up front sold out pretty quickly!). Second night had The Patient instead of The Pot, as well as the live debut of 7empest in place of Part of Me and Descending. The Monday night show was actually a lot better, mainly due to just the 'energy' or atmosphere in the crowd (we were middle of the floor about 20 metres back from the stage, dead centre).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 81210.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 807fb.html

At the end of the Monday night show, one of the 2 friends who'd never seen the band before just simply said "That was amazing!" etc. She couldn't believe how well all the visuals, sound and that curtain thingy meshed together so well. Her boyfriend was a little more direct or blunt after the show with "Fuck!" and "Holy shit!", thanking me and the other guy multiple times for getting them tickets. Just one of those really cool live show / concert moments where everyone walking out was stunned but also possibly exhausted (work at 8am the next morning didn't help either).

I'd say the Monday show was probably one of the three best TOOL shows I've ever seen; the band were just 'on' or 'locked in' if that makes sense. The only other TOOL show I think I enjoyed MORE was this one:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 2d7c9.html

Justin singing on You Lied (an awesome surprise) but only 10 songs, not the usual 11 or 12? So how or why is this my favourite TOOL show of all time?

It was AMAZING!! The band nailed every single track, Right In Two was insane and Lateralus was extended. Same venue as the very fist time I had seen the band (2002, played Flood, D/R/T obviously, Sober and H.) but just something 'special' that night. It was intense. I know the word 'epic' is overused when describing shows but this was the closest I'd say I've come to an epic live show experience.

Hopefully this new tour, especially after such a long layoff and a pandemic of all creations, brings similar memorable experiences for everyone... 8-)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

mattw wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:59 am Yes mate, I was there both nights!
So was I!
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

mattw wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:59 am Yes mate, I was there both nights! First night was with 3 friends, 2 of whom had never seen the band play live before. Same thing the next night but with 2 other people (they couldn't get tickets to the Monday night show, because, well... it's TOOL and tickets up front sold out pretty quickly!). Second night had The Patient instead of The Pot, as well as the live debut of 7empest in place of Part of Me and Descending. The Monday night show was actually a lot better, mainly due to just the 'energy' or atmosphere in the crowd (we were middle of the floor about 20 metres back from the stage, dead centre).

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 81210.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/202 ... 807fb.html

At the end of the Monday night show, one of the 2 friends who'd never seen the band before just simply said "That was amazing!" etc. She couldn't believe how well all the visuals, sound and that curtain thingy meshed together so well. Her boyfriend was a little more direct or blunt after the show with "Fuck!" and "Holy shit!", thanking me and the other guy multiple times for getting them tickets. Just one of those really cool live show / concert moments where everyone walking out was stunned but also possibly exhausted (work at 8am the next morning didn't help either).

I'd say the Monday show was probably one of the three best TOOL shows I've ever seen; the band were just 'on' or 'locked in' if that makes sense. The only other TOOL show I think I enjoyed MORE was this one:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/201 ... 2d7c9.html

Justin singing on You Lied (an awesome surprise) but only 10 songs, not the usual 11 or 12? So how or why is this my favourite TOOL show of all time?

It was AMAZING!! The band nailed every single track, Right In Two was insane and Lateralus was extended. Same venue as the very fist time I had seen the band (2002, played Flood, D/R/T obviously, Sober and H.) but just something 'special' that night. It was intense. I know the word 'epic' is overused when describing shows but this was the closest I'd say I've come to an epic live show experience.

Hopefully this new tour, especially after such a long layoff and a pandemic of all creations, brings similar memorable experiences for everyone... 8-)
I remember reading somewhere that Adams girlfriend listed that Brisbane show as one of her favourite ones she'd been too. I put it down to how shit they were at the Gold Coast bdo the night before.by their standards, was a horrible set.
Listen to All Them Witches
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

That Brisbane show was easily the heaviest I've ever heard them live, the mix was sick and so were they.