Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Alittlevil »

Could Salival 2 include some VR items?
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

@Alittlevil - I recommend not reading into any of it at all.

If something in the future actually happens, and we can look back at the Newsletters and find hidden messages, so be it.

But, I'd accept "...no Tool news that I know of this month..." as truth, and keep moving on.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

nxrm wrote:@Alittlevil - I recommend not reading into any of it at all.

If something in the future actually happens, and we can look back at the Newsletters and find hidden messages, so be it.

But, I'd accept "...no Tool news that I know of this month..." as truth, and keep moving on.
Or is that the ruse? Like when you kid slides in some oddball request like it's no big deal hoping to end up getting approval to buy a robotic pony or some such. Gotta keep aware when they tell you it's no big deal. Likely though you are right. Either way.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Alittlevil wrote:
nxrm wrote:@Alittlevil - I recommend not reading into any of it at all.

Or is that the ruse? Like when you kid slides in some oddball request like it's no big deal hoping to end up getting approval to buy a robotic pony or some such. Gotta keep aware when they tell you it's no big deal. Likely though you are right. Either way.
Little known fact: Adam from Tool is actually a robotic pony.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

The "MESSAGE OF THANKS TO THE BAND FROM A FAN" was recently added. It wasn't there when the Newsletter was first posted.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:The "MESSAGE OF THANKS TO THE BAND FROM A FAN" was recently added. It wasn't there when the Newsletter was first posted.
I'm pretty sure that's just Blair padding out the newsletter.

Bottom line is for Feb 2017 (and numerous other newsletters): Nothing to see here!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

No news is good news? 10 years in. Ty for the upkeep of 4thEye HB. Someday Soon* huh.
also, Avatar!
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

trilobite wrote:No news is good news? 10 years in. Ty for the upkeep of 4thEye HB. Someday Soon* huh.
I agree, cheers HB, though I post rarely, I check in for a read daily...

To be fair I am pretty happy with the snippets of news we have already had in the last few weeks. BMB's reference to VR stuff got me thinking, that it would be kind of cool, maybe that is what we will see soon, if not it really doesn't matter. I love music, and I love TOOL's music, but as MOG said a few pages back, I just dig it, it is not a religion....

Cheers guys have a good weekend.....
Be good to each other.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's certainly random and tool related...

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Interesting and a bit depressing...
Ki77aan :twisted:
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Maybe some awesome lyrics to Tool songs will come of it. Haha
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I REALLY hope we don't wait all these years just to hear some anti-government lyrical horse shit from another musician.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I am not saying he should say fuck Trump in a song but a lot of good music have come from crazy political times. The 60's and 70's had a ton of good music because of war and government. Nothing happened in the 80's and that's why that decade sucks for music.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Krazy_blah wrote:I REALLY hope we don't wait all these years just to hear some anti-government lyrical horse shit from another musician.
Agreed. I wonder if this is what Blair was suggesting with his comments about positive thinking.

As for MJK's comment about a meteor, I think that's the last thing we need right now. In the best of circumstances a natural disaster or some type of catastrophic event might bring people together, but I have a feeling it would only provide a diversion from the nonsense going on in the world right now, allowing those in power to use it to their own advantage. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood tonight.

Regardless, I think once the new album is released (or whatever else is being worked on), it's going to be something quite special.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

From the comments alone on Youtube, it is fact that Trumpanzees are Tool fans too.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

nxrm wrote:
As for MJK's comment about a meteor, I think that's the last thing we need right now. In the best of circumstances a natural disaster or some type of catastrophic event might bring people together, but I have a feeling it would only provide a diversion from the nonsense going on in the world right now, allowing those in power to use it to their own advantage. Maybe I'm just in a pessimistic mood tonight.
Related:
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/24/get ... apitalism/

The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Krazy_blah wrote:I REALLY hope we don't wait all these years just to hear some anti-government lyrical horse shit from another musician.
Please. Hopefully he already got that out of his system w/ "The Arsonist" video :roll:
He's been in office for one month and the anti-Trump statements are already so old and played out. Get an original idea.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
nxrm wrote:
Related:
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/24/get ... apitalism/

The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism
Disaster Capitalism indeed. Thanks for sharing these links.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

fortysixand2 wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote: He's been in office for one month and the anti-Trump statements are already so old and played out. Get an original idea.
This. Hit the nail on the head, it's tiring already no matter how much of a jackass he may (or may not) be.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I doubt there's any danger the next Tool album will be full of protest lyrics. It's just not really Maynard/Tool's style. Maynard was asked his opinion on something, and he gave a response. Reading anything further into it, especially in regards to the Tool album is a huge leap.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

What's Trump done wrong anyway?!?

I suppose you were all happy with the performance of that lying, Marxist, social engineering, media Golden Child, failure of a former president then??

Fat fucking lot of good he did for the country - and indeed the world - after two abysmal terms in office.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:What's Trump done wrong anyway?!?
This question should probably be asked in 4 years time.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

But by then we'll have a new Tool album and I won't care anyway.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:But by then we'll have a new Tool album and I won't care anyway.
I wouldn't be so sure.

As to what has Trump done wrong - I suggest you take this up in another thread if it means so much to you. What he and/or Obama have done wrong/right are highly subjective, and would result in nothing other than this thread becoming an off-topic complaint-fest.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Calfium Jay wrote:But by then we'll have a new Tool album
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

[takes deep breath]

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HAHA!!!
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Krazy_blah wrote: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

[takes deep breath]

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

HAHA!!!

Yeah well, I typed that BEFORE I'd had my morning coffee, so....

Y'know.