Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by liz »

I'm sure bob didn't mean it. lol
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 pm So he'd rather be at home and work on his farm that go to the Grammy's? I'm in complete agreeance with him.
I agree. For an passionate introvert who loves music and making wine, I'm sure getting an award for music you are already incredibly proud of isn't all that important. B
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's also VERY much worth noting that categories like the one Tool is in are dumped into the afternoon ceremony when almost no one is there. Granted with the internet now, they still get the acceptance videos floating around and all, and it's STILL a prestigious award to be proud of. But I wouldn't blame anyone ever in any of these categories for just not showing up.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

wow! well Danny and Justin appreciated it right ? i know the Grammys are kind of whatever but to go on twitter and say that after you win something is a jerky move. the dude just doesnt impress me much anymore. didnt help seeing him flipping fan(s) off at the show i saw in Nov either.

thats the 2nd time Bustys thought something was up with me, im not perfect dude! :lol:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You really need to stop hanging around Steve.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeh I think Steve is leading you down a dark path mate. No one's perfect , I'm just worried about ya is all. Steve is a bad influence.

And meh, id rather him be honest than bullshit tbh
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

havent talked to the Stever too much lately so i guess im screwed anyway. to each there own. maybe one day you'll realize M is not very nice. If it wasnt for danny and justin id prob be done with this shitty band. :P
Last edited by bob on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:41 pm havent talked to the Stever too much lately so i guess im screwed anyway. to each there own. maybe one day you'll realize M is not very nice. If it wasnt for danny and justin id prob be done with this shitty band. :P haha
I'm sure Maynard can be an asshole. Not sure non-attendance of the Grammys is evidence of this.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

its not cause he didnt go, its just what he said about it after the fact knowing they won an award. ah whatever. its not this big of a deal but im sort of surprised no one thinks he was a knob about that in his twitter post. More important things in life no doubt. anywho..
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'd rather an arsehole than some fake saccharine pop star, come on Bob.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:47 pm its not cause he didnt go, its just what he said about it after the fact knowing they won an award. ah whatever. its not this big of a deal but im sort of surprised no one thinks he was a knob about that in his twitter post. More important things in life no doubt. anywho..
It seemed clear to me after watching the video that it was before the award ceremony
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm under no illusions that Maynard can be an asshole when required. Just as I am under no illusions as to why I love this band and individual band members generosity is not one of those reasons.
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

im sorry i brought it up!~ f me~

so what if australia doesnt get Tempest ? oooh geeze
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Generally curious: they've won 3 Grammy's, has he ever attended the awards? I'd be surprised if he has.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

50th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+ddzr6_igxGmx.jpg
50th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+ddzr6_igxGmx.jpg (120.28 KiB) Viewed 14062 times
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 am Generally curious: they've won 3 Grammy's, has he ever attended the awards? I'd be surprised if he has.
They have won 4 Grammys and this is from 08' with Maynard and Daney

Edit: I thought they won for best Packaging for 10,000 Days but I cant seam to confirm that so maybe it is 3.

Edit 2: Looks like Adam Jones is credited with the Grammy win in '07 for best packaging
All well Whatever, Nevermind
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Still somewhat odd to me that Fear Inoculum wasnt even nominated for Best Packaging this time around. 10,000 Days won because of some steroscopic pictures, but an album with a damn TV screen in it doesnt get a second look? Interesting. Although with how the Grammys work i wouldnt be surprised if it was nominated NEXT year. That stuff seems to happen.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Maybe it wasn't considered for best packaging because it was released on the last day possible to be considered for the 2020 grammys. If it would have released the next day it would have only qualified for the 2021 grammys.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Shed523 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:18 am 50th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+ddzr6_igxGmx.jpg
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 am Generally curious: they've won 3 Grammy's, has he ever attended the awards? I'd be surprised if he has.

Edit: I thought they won for best Packaging for 10,000 Days but I cant seam to confirm that so maybe it is 3.

Edit 2: Looks like Adam Jones is credited with the Grammy win in '07 for best packaging
Thanks for the answer! That isn't a shirt I'd expect Danny to wear, and man is he a lot taller than Maynard!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:54 am
Shed523 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:18 am 50th+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+ddzr6_igxGmx.jpg

Thanks for the answer! That isn't a shirt I'd expect Danny to wear, and man is he a lot taller than Maynard!
Funny about Dannys shirt. i remember an old newsletter from back then that mentioned it. his ex wife use get on his case for not wearing dress shirts or whatever when they would go out or something. so for the grammys he picked a golden weird pot leaf t shirt. bahah.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I love the little TOOL wrench just hanging out there!
All well Whatever, Nevermind
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Shed523 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:27 pm I love the little TOOL wrench just hanging out there!
Speaking of the little TOOL wrench; I don't know if anyone saw the dude that was 3d printing them to hand out in Atlanta on r/toolband, but I messaged him on Instagram after he said he'd mail them if you pay for shipping. I haven't heard back from him since before the concert, but I'll let you know if he sends me my dick wrench!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

be careful about asking has xxx ever happened, you might become ToolFanFromLast week! :D
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:44 pm
be careful about asking has xxx ever happened, you might become ToolFanFromLast week! :D
Oh man, wonder what my avatar changes to!!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:54 pm
Shed523 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:27 pm I love the little TOOL wrench just hanging out there!
Speaking of the little TOOL wrench; I don't know if anyone saw the dude that was 3d printing them to hand out in Atlanta on r/toolband, but I messaged him on Instagram after he said he'd mail them if you pay for shipping. I haven't heard back from him since before the concert, but I'll let you know if he sends me my dick wrench!
Dude just messaged me that he's ready to ship. Dick wrench incoming!!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hmmmmm. I guess this is how Moggie is occupying his free time now?

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/musicbl ... mes-keenan

Stumbled upon while Googling that Puscifer shirt for Busty...
Ki77aan :twisted: