Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
greasy
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy »

hellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:51 am I think Tool should just release the album without any fanfare. To be honest it would surprised me greatly if they did. (though I think it's pretty unlikely)
I've been thinking for about 6 months that they may do a 'surprise' album release to coincide with the tour kickoff. It would make the front page of EVERY music news website. 13 years of waiting is enough promotion.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

My dream Tool Setlist

Reflection
10,000 days
Intension
Maynards Dick
Wings for Marie
Disposition
First half of Right In Tow leading into Demon Cleaner cover
Gravity
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:21 am My dream Tool Setlist

Reflection
10,000 days
Intension
Maynards Dick
Wings for Marie
Disposition
First half of Right In Tow leading into Demon Cleaner cover
Gravity
:lol:

I always thought a Puscifer cover would go over better with the tool crowd compared to apc song.
Listen to All Them Witches
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

If we are going with dream setlist, here's mine:

Jambi
*new song*
Stinkfist
*new song*
The Grudge
*new song*
Aenima
Prison Sex
Pushit
Ticks and Leeches
*new song*
Hooker with a penis
Eulogy
Cold and Ugly
4 degrees
Opiate
Lateralus

Who says they have to only play so many songs? 17 songs wouldn't be asking too much. :-D

Oh, and Lateralus is THE perfect closer, IMO. I love it live.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Part Of Me (or Sweat, they skipped it in Houston!)
Rosetta
Eulogy
Schism extended
You Lied with Buzzo
Crawl Away or Flood
Jimmy
New Song
Lateralus
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I tried to limit my setlist to around 90 minutes. Obviously if it were a dream setlist, I'd stretch it out by another hour.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

jackob2545 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am Met Danny tonight which was pretty cool. No Tool talk (can’t go full fanboy). Stumpfest is a pretty awesome gig they’ve set up. While we wait for new Tool, I highly recommend Earthless if you haven’t checked them out.
Can confirm Earthless are great - one of my favorite (mostly) instrumental bands. Just wish they wouldn't keep skipping Adelaide when they tour...

I'm looking forward to some kind of "Danny quote" from the gigs this weekend
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

hellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:19 am
jackob2545 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:33 am Met Danny tonight which was pretty cool. No Tool talk (can’t go full fanboy). Stumpfest is a pretty awesome gig they’ve set up. While we wait for new Tool, I highly recommend Earthless if you haven’t checked them out.
Can confirm Earthless are great - one of my favorite (mostly) instrumental bands. Just wish they wouldn't keep skipping Adelaide when they tour...

I'm looking forward to some kind of "Danny quote" from the gigs this weekend
Seeing them live really put them on another level for me!

He was getting bombarded and I can only imagine how many time he was cringingly asked about Tool. I get it, but at the same time #LetItGoForaDay haha.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

hellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 am I tried to limit my setlist to around 90 minutes. Obviously if it were a dream setlist, I'd stretch it out by another hour.
I hope that they play longer than 90 minutes.

I guess the Foo Fighters have spoiled me...they play 3 hours.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I would trade one live Tool song for every Foo Fighters song ever written...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Everlong is a real jam though. :?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Everlong is good and I like several Foo Fighters songs but I would still rather see Tool play one song live than see a 3 hour set by the Foos.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The matter of choosing which Tool song would be difficult though...
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Schism and stinkfist should go away forever. Lateralus should make an eternal return.

Maynard’s dick needs to be played! Rosetta must be played again! Ticks! Danny’s drumming in ticks is extremely fun to watch live.

If they don’t play new music on this tour I would like to say I’ll sell my tickets but...
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

children wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:22 pm Everlong is good and I like several Foo Fighters songs but I would still rather see Tool play one song live than see a 3 hour set by the Foos.
My wife loves them, I like them. Good music to listen to while doing stuff around the house or working out. My music taste varies widely and I'm an old man.

Currently absolutely digging Cody Jinks

Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:28 pm
Tool_User wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:00 pm We might aswell all just hold hands and walk into the volcano.
Na man too many good albums coming out that actually have release dates ;)
I'm so picky that new Tool is all I have in the horizon for the forseeable future 😂
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Not seen them live yet. They were at Donington Park when I was younger and I'd never heard of them so didn't bother. A few years later they headlined Donington and I heard them from my tent but again hadn't gotton into them yet so didn't bother. Got into them a few years later and was kicking myself big time! Now they are headlining Donington again and I'm deliberating whether to go alone as noone else wants to go, or wait for them to do some other venues in the UK. I think I should say fuck it and just go!

Not fussed what songs they play as its all new to me. Have to say though that Jc dobbs gig on YouTube that looks like one of their first gigs looks so damn intense. Kind of a shame that I'll never get to see that type of Tool gig but nvm.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Makes me wonder what type of venues they are playing this tour actually apart form the festivals. A lot of bands do a run of small venues just to get warmed up before they do a proper tour. Would be great to see Tool in an intimate setting playing some of their earlier stuff. I guess that's a good reason to go to one of the VIP events. Are they doing those this time around?
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'd go to that festival show if I were you. Who knows if/when they are going to do a UK small venue circuit.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:46 pm I'd go to that festival show if I were you. Who knows if/when they are going to do a UK small venue circuit.
I recognise good advice when I see it young man. I like the cut of your jib.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:25 pm Schism and stinkfist should go away forever. Lateralus should make an eternal return.

Maynard’s dick needs to be played! Rosetta must be played again! Ticks! Danny’s drumming in ticks is extremely fun to watch live.

If they don’t play new music on this tour I would like to say I’ll sell my tickets but...
I agree with everything you said except cutting Schism. Keep the extended version, it's too damn brilliant. For me, it makes up for how rare Ticks is played live, but I feel lucky as hell to have seen that in Reno, hot damn!
Ahhh, Infotainment!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:13 am
bob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 am Lateralus is too long.
Banned
haha, u know what i mean! its too long which means less new stuff. thats if its worth playing more new stuff i guess. i love Third Eye and always liked Lateralus but im thinking of new shit so thats what i mean..

if i were to pick between Aenema and Lateralus id say switch those up during a tour. that would cover some ground nicely. i got to see ''some days its dark'' in hamilton back in 2007. They played it in the middle of Flood and then continued back into flood after it was done. that was kind of cool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 am I tried to limit my setlist to around 90 minutes. Obviously if it were a dream setlist, I'd stretch it out by another hour.
Surely those slack cuntz are still playing 2 hour sets and haven't reduced down to 90 these days?!!
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:01 pm
Surely those slack cuntz are still playing 2 hour sets and haven't reduced down to 90 these days?!!
They always play 2 hour shows! :| nooooooooooot!

does anyone remember when people use to go ''nooot'' i just did! old school! lol
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

90 minutes of music plus 30 minutes of dicking around with synths and so on, plus the intermission so they can recover from all the jumping and running around they do