Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
joeypants
Goderator

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants »

I got real drunk and saw Black Angels last night. Then smoked jernts with them and we all ate PB & Js (restaurant, not homemade)

Point being, wasn’t close to a “highlight” but waaaaay better than this current argument!

Personally love Mog. He’s earned it.

Thanks for letting me #humblebrag y’all. Night night.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote:I got real drunk and saw Black Angels last night. Then smoked jernts with them and we all ate PB & Js (restaurant, not homemade)

Point being, wasn’t close to a “highlight” but waaaaay better than this current argument!

Personally love Mog. He’s earned it.

Thanks for letting me #humblebrag y’all. Night night.
Love you too buddy glad you had a quality night out. Looking forward to dragging my old ass out of the house when Tool tour again behind the new album next year.
The most intelligent person on this forum
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

'Nard deleted a tweet right after it was posted last night.

Maynard J Keenan
‏Verified account @mjkeenan
12h12 hours ago
Replying to @ericmatisoff @AppleMusic @aperfectcircle

My work is done. Words, melodies. Waiting on them to track. Then I can finish. Can’t track to music that isn’t recorded.

Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Recently spoke with someone moderately close to the band and they shared some information with me that seemed interesting. No way for me to prove any of it but i will share the jist of our conversation. We started talking about the upcoming "VIP" shows with the band. It sounds as if the plan is to play the majority, if not the complete, album for the attendees. Sans vocals obviously. Naturally my next question was regarding the album it self... According to him, the album is completely done being recorded, including all of Maynards stuff. Its currently in mastering. Maynard was scheduled for recording with the band the last week in March, and actually extended his trip an extra 3 days in order to wrap it all up. I questioned this because it all just seems to fast, and i was met with a quick response of "i know for a fact it is done" ...

Like i said. No way to prove any of it. But it was an interesting conversation to say the least.
there you go dude....looks like you've been bullshitted :-/
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I thought we were all in agreement that Adam is probably still tracking guitar. In my opinion, Maynard's response is not discouraging at all. He's not going to record until the music is done being tracked. Fact, Jack. I don't understand why people keep hounding Maynard about it.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

Bill Hilly wrote:I thought we were all in agreement that Adam is probably still tracking guitar. In my opinion, Maynard's response is not discouraging at all. He's not going to record until the music is done being tracked. Fact, Jack. I don't understand why people keep hounding Maynard about it.
Agreed. I think it has been pretty obvious, given his output with Puscifer and APC over the years, that MJK is not/has not been the bottleneck in this whole process. So, I can certainly understand his frustration with people hounding him about the next Tool album. Maybe people are skeptical about anything the others say, since they have heard "almost ready" from them over the years. Maynard has been pretty consistent with his message about the new album over the years (unless he is trolling someone) and people hope a change in his "tune" (so to speak) is a better barometer.

I wonder if Adam is worried the music won't live up to the hype and is going all CPU bound thinking about it - causing the tracking to drag. Just a thought...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

M0G just likes to complain like entitled school mums on Facebook. Everything that doesn't go his way is an outrage.

The timeline for the album hasn't changed - it'll be out in 2019.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Preach
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:M0G just likes to complain like entitled school mums on Facebook. Everything that doesn't go his way is an outrage.

The timeline for the album hasn't changed - it'll be out in 2019.
Once an apologist always an apologist. Gloves off
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not apologising for anything. Merely pointing out reality.
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

Sounds like a live pull of A/Descending has been cleaned up a bit. Progress boys, progress.

Tool Music Clinic Advert
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

It is not progress, it is time wasted that should be spent in the studio. They shouldn't even be wasting time with this mini tour. And then to throw in these live event cash grabs is pathetic. My mind is still blown away that Adam, Danny and Justin are doing these clinics. They don't need the money. The three of them have a net worth between 30-40 million dollars. This is not some kind of magnanimous fan appreciation event. This is easy money.

Now if the guys decided to donate the proceeds to charity, or even a portion of those proceeds, then I can see the value. But hearing the same answers to the same questions and seeing them play the same songs for $500 bucks? No thanks. Who gives a shit about Photo ops either? Why would anyone care about a photo? These are just three dudes who make music. Don't get the celebrity worship mindset. And the rare Tool memorabilia shit doesn't play either, as they could sell all of that on their website.

It's pathetic and it is sad how fans support this kind of behavior.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

jackob2545 wrote:Sounds like a live pull of A/Descending has been cleaned up a bit. Progress boys, progress.

Tool Music Clinic Advert
Really looking forward to hearing what this track ultimately becomes.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:It is not progress, it is time wasted that should be spent in the studio. They shouldn't even be wasting time with this mini tour. And then to throw in these live event cash grabs is pathetic. My mind is still blown away that Adam, Danny and Justin are doing these clinics. They don't need the money. The three of them have a net worth between 30-40 million dollars. This is not some kind of magnanimous fan appreciation event. This is easy money.

Now if the guys decided to donate the proceeds to charity, or even a portion of those proceeds, then I can see the value. But hearing the same answers to the same questions and seeing them play the same songs for $500 bucks? No thanks. Who gives a shit about Photo ops either? Why would anyone care about a photo? These are just three dudes who make music. Don't get the celebrity worship mindset. And the rare Tool memorabilia shit doesn't play either, as they could sell all of that on their website.

"They dont need the money." ....."Its easy money."

Make up your mind man. MAYBE they are just doing it for fan appreciation? MAYBE some people actually like the band members, and look up to them. MAYBE the band member actually appreciate the fans and want to put on a music clinic. You are so worried about them "wasting time with this mini tour" ; You do realize its a grand total of 12 days right??? Adam just posted an instagram of them STILL in the studio yesterday recording. They clearly are laying down the final tracks, not still writing. MJK has stated multiple times that his writing is DONE, words, melodies, etc... so he literally just needs final recorded tracks. MJK is busy with APC for a decent amount of this year, so it doesnt benefit the remaining members to bust their ass and finish ALL recording in 3 weeks when its just going to sit with MJK, or mastering, or on a shelf until a realistic release date is upon us. It wont be released this year, they wont release it right in the middle of an APC tour, thats bad business. So just chill... the band is recording final tracks, MJK has been writing and potentially recording. The band will do a few music clinics for less than 2 weeks.

"While you were whining, I was working."
-MJK
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

M0G wrote:It is not progress, it is time wasted that should be spent in the studio. They shouldn't even be wasting time with this mini tour. And then to throw in these live event cash grabs is pathetic. My mind is still blown away that Adam, Danny and Justin are doing these clinics. They don't need the money. The three of them have a net worth between 30-40 million dollars. This is not some kind of magnanimous fan appreciation event. This is easy money.

This record keeps skipping, maybe try the other side.

You really expected them to take their gear from Northern Wisconsin, back to California only to take it back to Ohio so they can be in the studio for a few days? If anything doing these clinics help the progress of the album more then hurt, this allows them to continue the creative process and interact with their fans. We are all getting older, this is a nice thing to do for those interested. I cant imagine they are even making that much by doing it. Gross maybe $150K per show split 3 ways + venue cost, crew, moving gear, etc. This is just something for them to do between shows. OH yea i forget a band going out and playing music for fans is "lazy".
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:

"They dont need the money." ....."Its easy money."

Make up your mind man. MAYBE they are just doing it for fan appreciation? MAYBE some people actually like the band members, and look up to them. MAYBE the band member actually appreciate the fans and want to put on a music clinic. You are so worried about them "wasting time with this mini tour" ; You do realize its a grand total of 12 days right??? Adam just posted an instagram of them STILL in the studio yesterday recording. They clearly are laying down the final tracks, not still writing. MJK has stated multiple times that his writing is DONE, words, melodies, etc... so he literally just needs final recorded tracks. MJK is busy with APC for a decent amount of this year, so it doesnt benefit the remaining members to bust their ass and finish ALL recording in 3 weeks when its just going to sit with MJK, or mastering, or on a shelf until a realistic release date is upon us. It wont be released this year, they wont release it right in the middle of an APC tour, thats bad business. So just chill... the band is recording final tracks, MJK has been writing and potentially recording. The band will do a few music clinics for less than 2 weeks.

"While you were whining, I was working."
-MJK
Honestly you don't even need to waste the time to respond. I do not agree with you. On any level. There is no discourse to be had. Move on to another post of your liking. I am disgusted with how this year has played out with Tool, Maynard and APC. If you don't like it I don't particularly care. I imagine whenever the album is finished, we will have some common ground topics to discuss as long as they don't lay an egg, and I am fairly confident that is not going to happen. But rest assured I will not get the fuck out. I will not stop in my criticism where I see fit to express it. So either get over it, or ignore it.

@Mobile Vortex - see above
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

M0G wrote: So either get over it, or ignore it.
I will go back to ignoring. Sometimes your trigger triggers my trigger to trigger what's been triggered. Ya Know?

Hope yall having a good day.

Here's something that may annoy you. I was in that promo haha. Standing right near Danny, Adam, and Justin. That was pretty cool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

MobileVortex wrote:
M0G wrote: So either get over it, or ignore it.
I will go back to ignoring. Sometimes your trigger triggers my trigger to trigger what's been triggered. Ya Know?

Hope yall having a good day.

Here's something that may annoy you. I was in that promo haha. Standing right near Danny, Adam, and Justin. That was pretty cool.
Na doesn't annoy me lol Doesn't surprise me you would attend and that isn't a knock. Hope you enjoyed yourself :)
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
.....Move on to another post of your liking.....
Thats fine, we dont have to agree. You are annoyed with a band that makes music.... You think its dumb of people to celebrity worship these guys that make music, yet at the same time you get annoyed at their work habits and procedures. A bit hypocritical if you ask me. You think its retarded for people to get super excited and pay money to see them, but at the same time you allow them to upset you negatively. It goes both ways. I like you M0G... but i think its time you take my quote of yours above to heart :lol:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

^that just got me really stoked! Sucks the new album won’t be out for 5 months to a year, lol.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeh that sounded pretty shit hot through some earphones.

I also think the whole VIP sessions are a bit bloody steep set at a price of $500 but that they'd be a pretty amazing experience for those motivated enough to pay that amount of money. If they pulled the price back a bit would be seen in a better light no doubt.

Mog are you Tools accountant?
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm glad that the band are able to do some cool VIP shows for the fans. Sounds like a great experience. If it delays the album by 2 weeks then so be it. I have no doubt they are doing it both for the money, and because fans enjoy that kind of thing. I reckon these sessions will be quite insightful, and personally would love the chance to go to one.

I understand the anger that drives M0G to his criticism, but it seems somewhat irrational and illogical to me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm surprised you didn't go to one last tour they were here in 2013? I'd personally love to go to one but couldn't justify more than $150 for the experience, especially considering the overheads I already pay just to see them live (flights, accommodation, food etc)
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote:I'm surprised you didn't go to one last tour they were here in 2013? I'd personally love to go to one but couldn't justify more than $150 for the experience, especially considering the overheads I already pay just to see them live (flights, accommodation, food etc)
It was a bit expensive, and I had a few other things going on at the time as well (not to mention backstage passes anyway). I think this new experience will be a better one that the pre-show VIPs on past tours.