Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by badkittygothgirl »

There are rumors that the band and supporting act made it out ok. This is so completely fucked up!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Not even dirty rotten terrorists can take out The Eagles of Death Metal.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

gamebounty wrote:I'm excited. I think the time is right for me to attend my first Tool show. Hopefully they hit California.
I'm so excited for you to see Tool for the first time, they do NOT disappoint. it's a fucking event every time. smoke and mirrors, lights and lazers, bass and drums, Adam and Justin. always a great time.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

joeypants wrote:I'm game. As Hellboy said, bands more or less exist to play live and Tool excels (usually) in that area so... bring it on. Also, would LOVE to see Intronaut tour with them again. The timing is right...
if Intronaut opens up for them I will lose my f'n mind b.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Yay!! Let's open our borders to all these "wonderful" people who mean us no harm!!! Bring in more, bring in more.....

:evil:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

MobileVortex wrote:http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/r ... -in-paris/
What in the actual fuck.
Eagles and Deftones members and crew are all safe. (from the official fbook of both bands)
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

^wow
"Fat goth girls ain't buyin' cans"

TOOL
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

_peterpwn wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/r ... -in-paris/
What in the actual fuck.
Eagles and Deftones members and crew are all safe. (from the official fbook of both bands)
Almost.. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... k-20151114
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

PimPle wrote:[
Why can these fellas dedicate a few solid touring months (where I assume they are out of home the whole time), but not the same level of dedication to smashing out the album, that they have been working on for 10 YEARS... It doesn't make sense.....

Because, as a band, these turkeys have NOTHING left to say anymore. They are a group of ultra rich burnouts and suburban pot-head hippies sailing the nostalgia boat into the sunset and taking your hard earned concert-dollars with them.

So.....joke's on you.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Why can these fellas dedicate a few solid touring months (where I assume they are out of home the whole time), but not the same level of dedication to smashing out the album, that they have been working on for 10 YEARS... It doesn't make sense.....

Because, as a band, these turkeys have NOTHING left to say anymore. They are a group of ultra rich burnouts and suburban pot-head hippies sailing the nostalgia boat into the sunset and taking your hard earned concert-dollars with them.

So.....joke's on you.
Well that's what you say on this forum anyway....
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Ettan wrote:
shout out to MJK rocking the Hickson Gracie Jujitsu t-shirt.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

So.....joke's on you.
Well that's what you say on this forum anyway....
I'm still proud of myself for finding that a few years back lol
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

Calfium Jay wrote:

So.....joke's on you.
I'm thinking that this is false. Being harshly critical of them isn't going to do anything. I initially thought they were just stringing us along while they were distracted by their riches, but it sounds like there are some serious legal issues they cannot discuss. I'm just going to give them a pass and enjoy what ever they do. They don't owe anyone anything in reality. Personally, I would've taken the money and ran to the hills long ago if I were any one of them. They really care about what they do and do their best at it.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

blacksabbath wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

So.....joke's on you.
I'm thinking that this is false. Being harshly critical of them isn't going to do anything. I initially thought they were just stringing us along while they were distracted by their riches, but it sounds like there are some serious legal issues they cannot discuss. I'm just going to give them a pass and enjoy what ever they do. They don't owe anyone anything in reality. Personally, I would've taken the money and ran to the hills long ago if I were any one of them. They really care about what they do and do their best at it.
April Fools is, like, four and a half months away dude.

Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't get the April Fools connection?
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I don't get why the jokes on me.... as far as I was aware they weren't touring Australia, so my hard earned dollars aren't being spent on TOOL....
Be good to each other.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:I don't get the April Fools connection?
I didn't get it either. I think Krazy blah is stoned on drugs or something.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

It was a sarcastic post in reply to what seemed like a sarcastic post by blacksabbath.

In my defense I had been drinking last night. Carry on about how these legal issues are are holding back their ability to create new music for the past 5 years.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Legal issues don't really hold back the creative process... but it would hold them back from releasing or talking about it...
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

MobileVortex wrote:Legal issues don't really hold back the creative process... but it would hold them back from releasing or talking about it...
I don't know about that. I watched Artifact, the film about 30 Seconds to Mars and the legal trouble they went through with EMI during the recording process of one of their albums, and I can very much see how legal troubles could impair the creative process.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:Legal issues don't really hold back the creative process... but it would hold them back from releasing or talking about it...
I don't know about that. I watched Artifact, the film about 30 Seconds to Mars and the legal trouble they went through with EMI during the recording process of one of their albums, and I can very much see how legal troubles could impair the creative process.
yeah i believe adam has mentioned that too... that when you have legal issues looming over your head its hard to focus and feel free to create... especially on the scale that Tool would like to
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

It's been said & implied multiple times recently that the music isn't at a point for MJ to come in & finish his part. If they're under a gag-order &/or any legal issues are still afflicting the band, it's not holding back the albums release as the album isn't finished. Though I'm sure the process has been troubled by the whole matter.
also, Avatar!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

I just think they're feeding us a line of bull shit at this point, an excuse to try to stop people asking them about the new album. It's obvious MJK is bothered by lack of material presented to him (the IG or Twitter response calling out Adam to "prove it" that new material was on the horizon or whatever that was).

Adam apparently wouldn't even touch any questions about a new album with a 10 foot pole at the recent VIP- to people who forked over $500.