Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MOG wrote:
inspiration_tactic wrote:The styles are too different to really even compare guys like MJK and Phil. It's an apples and oranges kind of thing. The things that make Maynard stand out aren't what make Phil stand out. When considering stage presence, Phil goes up on stage ready to beat up 30 people and rupture an artery. Maynard is on stage (in the old days, at least) trying to be an entertainer/side-show in the most unique way possible. Phil is trying to be all that is masculine. Maynard is trying to make you uncomfortable in some type of way (like I said, not as much anymore) probably getting in touch with his goofy feminine side. I think MJK lost his edge for pushing boundaries and being unique when he started putting on the different hats. Tool was no longer his only outlet for expressing himself and he became more... uh... normal. Which sucks. He used to create this peculiar element of metal music infused with vulnerability, femininity, and unpredictability. He had his own thing and it was intoxicating. Obviously, people get older and things change. He can't be the goofy fuck his whole life, unfortunately.

Stylistically the juxtaposition between heavy music and MJK's singing was the hook for me. When I was a youngster I became desensitized to the really heavy bands that just seemed to want to vent, song after song. It's what separates TOOL from the thrash bands. He doesn't just scream his head off. It's a perfect counter-balance for the heavy riffs and the tribal drumming. With that said, he'll throw in a scream now and then for a heightened impact/emphasis and obviously his capability of doing that as much now isn't there. MJK stands apart from most the other guys on the list because he does sing and it's what keeps Tool relevant in the present and future. I'm not sure he'll win the contest or if he deserves to really win a 'metal-singer' contest. Frankly, it doesn't matter. Danny Carey didn't win best drummer and therefore it obviously doesn't mean anything. Bring on the 'Best Metal Band' contest.
If Tool is in that I might vomit. Tool ain't metal. As for the rest Nardo blah suck a dick blah Nardo.
Yet every member of their band were in these stupid fucking contests.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Mikael Akerfeldt, MJK, Dio and Phil Anselmo is the best here imo. Bruce dickinson WAS a great singer. The fact that Till from Rammstein is in this poll just proves that this only is a popularity contest.
Till is a great singer actually, and better than 90% of that list.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:Must be another Aussie tour on the cards. Fuck knows we need another one!
If Tool do another tour (even an Aussie one) before heading into the studio to record the new album, I'll.........well I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty and will probably make the news headlines.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Calfium Jay wrote:
hellboy wrote:Must be another Aussie tour on the cards. Fuck knows we need another one!
If Tool do another tour (even an Aussie one) before heading into the studio to record the new album, I'll.........well I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pretty and will probably make the news headlines.
Well if it's to go to LAX and start plugging away at the TSA agents someone beat you to it. Sorry to spoil your day.

If it's something else, carry on!!....
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

It is cold up here....ie it's the right time for tool to warm the old bones in the sunshine
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Isn't the contest about best FRONT-MAN, not vocalist? Most of you are arguing about who is the better singer, when that's not the point at all.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

front man=vocalist=face of the franchise (so to speak)

Pretty sure we all get the idea of how it works, fair or unfair. For fakes sake Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens and is known as a "Super Bowl winning QB"! Just like Peyton Manning was the face of the Colts for years, and now the same for Denver.

^^^Sorry for the NFL references but that's the best way I could put it in my drunken loser mind state because I don't spiral out of my mind by doing hallucinogens and other mind numbing drugs that I'm not cool enough to do.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Krazy_blah wrote:front man=vocalist=face of the franchise (so to speak)

Pretty sure we all get the idea of how it works, fair or unfair. For fakes sake Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens and is known as a "Super Bowl winning QB"! Just like Peyton Manning was the face of the Colts for years, and now the same for Denver.

^^^Sorry for the NFL references but that's the best way I could put it in my drunken loser mind state because I don't spiral out of my mind by doing hallucinogens and other mind numbing drugs that I'm not cool enough to do.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

wouldn't want to turn off the game hey?.....football and beer go hand in hand. I never sat thru a football game myself....maybe I should... then I could feel cool. you guys know about 'fantasy football'? i'm sure you do ;)
go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli wrote:wouldn't want to turn off the game hey?.....football and beer go hand in hand. I never sat thru a football game myself....maybe I should... then I could feel cool. you guys know about 'fantasy football'? i'm sure you do ;)

Geniuses.

THIS: Image is football. Where you actually use your foot with the ball pretty much the entire game.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

if you're talking English football then I have watched plenty and played plenty of soccer(football) games.....
go taff!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

At least kickers and punters are a big part of the game. Hell, many games are decîded by them.

But yes, that^ is "football". No argument there.

And because this will no doubt turn into a use of the word "soccer" argument, that word was created by the British. We use the word soccer because American football is (by far) the number one sport here. It avoids confusion in conversation, I guess.

That's all.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

baseball will always be America's #1 sport.

Suck it jerks.
I like to poop naked.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

markuspoop wrote:baseball will always be America's #1 sport.

Suck it jerks.
Baseball is even more painful to watch than cricket. Not sure how it's possible, but here we are.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Hahahaha, I got into a discussion tonight at the bar with some English guy who thought baseball was boring. Needless to say nothing was really resolved by the end of the night but we were both drunk.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

curious what Maynard and Rogan are going to wax about for 3 hours. I swear by that podcast, everyone should listen to it. he just had Patrick Magee on who's an excellent horror artist. check his site out, some dope shit on there. he did Rogan's American Werewolf in London that's in his studio.

http://www.mageefx.com/images/home/home.html

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I've never seen a pic of Rogan with a woman

Just sayin
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Clearly you didn't google very hard
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

You bothered to do that?

Man.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^I don't get it

What I mean is, who is that with Natalie and why's it on this thread?
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:Clearly you didn't google very hard
Can you google hard? Let alone, very hard? :?:
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

If I could rape anyone, it wouldn't be Portman.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The Boss wrote:If I could rape anyone, it wouldn't be Portman.
Who would it be then?
8-)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Probably Tony Abbott