Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by petemasterpete »

^I'd prefer to listen to what Maynie is whispering in my ear while I let his hot jizzum wash over me ...

In all seriousness, I've no hate for 10K days, just don't feel it's their best work ... granted I also dig Aenima over Lateralus any day of the week for several reasons I won't bother discussing
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Well, Aenima is there most accessible album, besides Opiate, with Undertow coming up close behind, only because of the way that Aenima and Opiate drag you in so magnetically. Lateralus then follows, which is not a casual listen by any means, leaving 10,000 Days as their most inaccessible album.

Aenima, Undertow or Opiate would be the best starting point for a first listener. After that, Lateralus can then be absorbed, and only once that has happened can 10,000 Days be fully appreciated. I never thought 10,000 Days was anything special until i went through that entire process. It was a difficult listening experience for a long time until it finally clicked, and now i think it is their best record...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Fuck off
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

lol
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

10,000 Days was far from flawless but I don't understand why it gets so much criticism. that LP kept me fed for about 7 years. then I started to get antsy and joined this support group with you fucks.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

My first impression of 10,000 Days was, "that's it?". Felt like there should have been more to it. I guess that's why people started rumors about it bring a decoy album or part one of a double album.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Yeah, I'm with other idiots here that don't get the hate for 10K Days- it's a damn good CD that has to get compared to Aenima and Lateralus. Aenima is definitely the most accessible, and Lateralus hits the bands craeative peak (although I do know people that don't like it at all- too "proggy" or boring, whatever- I guess they just never got it).

I honestly don't care for the two before that- sounds like '90s alt metal, doesn't really do much for me. You gotta start somewhere though. No artist/musician came out their mothers womb (and hopefully not cum into o_O) and created some masterpiece.

Tool message boards should be interesting if the next release is "as shitty or shittier" than 10K days. Plenty of popcorn will be passed around.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Not Tyson wrote:Fuck off
=D
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Personally I've been waiting for Opiate 2.0 since '92..

Back when this 'band' fuckin 'rocked'
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Undertow laid out the skeleton this band laid their flesh upon.

It's not a matter of getting 'better' or 'worse', it's change. And your interpretation is just that, & should mean the most to you.

And children- we all know your fucking opinion already. Change it up
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Change my opinion? What? You mean change it to something more widely accepted? Why, so i could be like everyone else?

By the way, i have changed my opinion and so have you; everyone does sometimes; maybe not with music but with other subjects or ideas. I used to think Lateralus was their best album, but then i CHANGED MY OPINION. I used to think spirituality was bullshit, but have come to realize that is NOT true. You remember the lyric: "I was wrong; this changes everything."

I'm not repeating myself just for the hell of it. I honestly believe that anyone who "hates" on 10,000 Days didn't give it enough of a chance. A lot of those people already had a negative disposition towards the album simply based on the name "10,000 Days" and it went downhill from there. I am trying to convince people to go back and give it another chance and CHANGE THEIR OPINIONS, so thank you for reminding me of what my point was to begin with...
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

You all are just so God Damn CUTE when you get like this I just wanna squeeze your faces off.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

ilikecheese wrote:You all are just so God Damn CUTE when you get like this I just wanna squeeze your faces off.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Hence the name "children"...
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I meant change up the conversation sweety..
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Then clarify, bitch...
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

[youtube][/youtube]
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The skipping record analogy has already been done in regard to Mog so GREAT JOB!
No username
Maynard Believer

Post by No username »

for the record 10,000 days is a great album,

the problem is all about standards.....I happen to think its their third or second best album but if an average band produced the album 10,000 days as an addition to their work you best believe there is a good chance it would be their best work yet....

its almost not fair for tool, when you consistently pump out amazing tunes people expect something that is equally good or better than your last...at the end of the day its about opinions and no one is really wrong....

christ, the word "great" is a positive and glorious superlative in any ones books to describe an album, its just that I put Lateralus closer to the "masterpiece" category....
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

for me my experience started with opiate back when that nirvana 'nevermind' album came out...tool stuck out and nirvana got backseated..this was grade 6 for me...I remember when I heard undertow that this shit was great....often putting it on headphones when falling asleep.....aenima was first heard on cassette tape.........that album took hold right away aswell.......then I got salival dvd......got lateralus on release day..........I got on/ into the online forum/ toolarmy just after 10000days released.....now for me it feels 10000days is quite different...every album is..right?.....just this year I found that if you actually sit/lay down put a good set of headphones on....close your eyes and listen..absorb...let yourself access the sound..let it paint the picture...it will come alive........I now have a new appreciation for this album...and future projects
go taff!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Days left a very good first impression on me. the first listen (on the way to Atlantic City, 3+ hour drive) I hear MJK's lyrics/voice on Vicarious, then Adam on Jambi, I heard Danny on Rosetta and Justin on Wings I was hooked. Tool typically takes weeks to digest, and it hit hard for me the first time. they did a good job.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

i remember it like it was '92....

I am just so God Damn CUTE when I get like this I just wanna eat my face off.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Lateralus is Tool's best album.

Children is a fucking idiot.

Pete likes Maynie Cum all over his face.

Tyson is a cunt.

Your favorite band has become a joke.

The End.
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

10,000 days was the first Tool album I listened to and it got me hooked straight away. I can kind of see why it might be seen as not as good as lateralus etc but at the end of the day who wants two albums the same? I like it as much as any of their other albums,I dont have them in any kind of order I just listen to whichever one im in the mood for and if im not in the mood then I dont bother.

One thing that stand out about it for me is that it doesn't have any kind of 'flow' to it.One of the things im curious about the new album is whether or not it will have the same kind of 'flow' as lateralus or will it be more about individual songs.
Tool_User01
Maynard Believer

Post by Tool_User01 »

Who's favorite band?