Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by blacksabbath »

Krazy_blah wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:
blacksabbath wrote:the two side screens with the giant middle is really cool, the way they expand the image

I personally miss the lasers and smoke during wings for Marie and all the cool diagrams and images for Rosetta I also stoned. I also really like the visuals they use for third eye, but I wish they wouldn't open with it. I really like stinkfist as an opener, but any later in the show and I feel like they are pulling back. I don't think you can see how incredible the screens worked together at this show from the YouTube videos. It's mainly because they were so close to the main one and they had the screens around the platform. They have some program that dials everything to the perfect ratio and makes this experience possible.
Just for the record I was there, and the side screens (which don't belong to Tools production as far as I know) has been around forever. It may look different since it's a festival and they're much bigger than the arena screens- but no different than what's already been done at festivals outside of maybe aspect ratio.

That being said I agree 100% with you regarding the set list. Some songs can seem "out of place" when played. If it was up to me (which it sure as hell is not, thank god) I'd start every show with Jambi and end it with Aenima assuming it's the full arena production. It just seems to work right.
Seriously, no one is saying those screens belong Tool. It's obvious, as they were being used by all the bands. I'm not saying they are a new invention of any kind, or addition to the show. I'm just speaking on how they were being used.
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

azbay wrote:"Artist edition", thanks ya I thought that was a large # for A/P, Yes the poster made it out alive as I had a poster tube with me thinking I would be able to get an event poster, yeah right!? soooo bummed saw so many people walking past me with their posters and them saying "they JUST sold out!" ugh.
I was just over on Ebay checking out the posters for sale from this show. I was pretty surprised to see that the run for Adams poster was 600-that's a huge run. I didn't hear what they were selling for at the show, but I'm assuming that the unsigned ones would be $30-$40 and the signed ones $100-$150? Crazy what people look to be paying for them on Ebay right now. I guess I can't say a whole lot about what people are willing to spend on posters without being a hypocrite.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Anything over $100 for a signed poster is rediculous.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

They were $25 and $150 I knew I should've drove to the vip while people were in line to see if someone would pick me up one. But ya if there was 300+ in attendance and I'm sure most bought at least one, doesn't leave many left after that event
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

There's more important things in life besides posters. Being able to see them in concert and hear their music is enough for me.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Amen, Lotus. People have gotten pretty fanatical with limited run merchandise. But, Pearl Jam fans put Tool fans to shame with how ridiculous they get with merch.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Y
Bill Hilly wrote:But, Pearl Jam fans put Tool fans to shame with how ridiculous they get with merch.
Yeah, it's an interesting one. The absurdity of blankets aside, I don't think Tool push the merch angle anywhere near as much as some bands do. I don't think $150 is unreasonable for a signed poster, though I don't think I'd ever get one for that price personally.

The good thing about merch though, is it's entirely optional. Sure, if the new album were only available of gold lined, autographed vinyl for $500 a pop then there might be some grounds to complain.

Otherwise, I don't see the hangup in bands trying to make money.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by blacksabbath »

I feel like even if I payed $500 for a poster, I would end up selling it for less, or giving it away eventually. I usually do that with whatever stuff I get. They did a study about happiness and money. And the gist of it is that If you save up to buy one big thing you have to maintain, like a motorcycle, it brings a certain amount of happiness. And if you buy a $5 latte everyday for the amount of days it would take to spend the motorcycle money you buy more happiness. It's like money can buy happiness, but in the realm of experience it tends to buy more per dollar. http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalv ... happiness/
Last edited by blacksabbath on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Bill Hilly wrote:Amen, Lotus. People have gotten pretty fanatical with limited run merchandise. But, Pearl Jam fans put Tool fans to shame with how ridiculous they get with merch.

...or Melvins fans.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Money can buy a lot of happiness I reckon. Or at least allow me to be miserable in comfort.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

badkittygothgirl wrote:
Bill Hilly wrote:Amen, Lotus. People have gotten pretty fanatical with limited run merchandise. But, Pearl Jam fans put Tool fans to shame with how ridiculous they get with merch.

...or Melvins fans.
AbsofucKinlutely!! Glad that we are on the same page, Billy Hill and Kat.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote:
Yeah, it's an interesting one. The absurdity of blankets aside, I don't think Tool push the merch angle anywhere near as much as some bands do. I don't think $150 is unreasonable for a signed poster, though I don't think I'd ever get one for that price personally.

The good thing about merch though, is it's entirely optional. Sure, if the new album were only available of gold lined, autographed vinyl for $500 a pop then there might be some grounds to complain.

Otherwise, I don't see the hangup in bands trying to make money.
Nothing wrong with the band making some money. Tool's merchandising strategy is fine with me. I just won't be camping out in line to be the first at the merch booth. I'm too old for that shit. I'm also not buying a poster on Ebay for 300% markup.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

fortysixand2 wrote:Image
Awesome. Buzz and Mike look like they are purposely being silly, whereas Adam looks completely terrified. :lol:
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Imagine if those three formed a band....

On a side note, a mate of mine is interviewing Maynard for the mag he writes for. I'll let you know how it goes.

I asked him if he'd squeeze in a question regarding his favourite Kiss album? I'll just bet it's Dynasty.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Calfium Jay wrote:Imagine if those three formed a band....
They would have no drummer or bassist, unless Buzz or Adam chose to play bass, then they would have guitar, bass, and vocals. That would be something... I guess. They would probably only get one song recorded and it would take like fifteen years for them to ever actually release it and it would be pretty meh.
Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

It would be like Spoken Word.

A lot of lyrics with no guitars.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I'm thinking if they formed a band they would find a drummer and bassist to play with the three of them. It would probably be really good stuff.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Justin and Danny don't seem to have much on at the moment...
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

I was thinking the guys from big business would work well.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

So when are they going to throw us a bone and release that damn Opiate video? I just want a really nice studio recording of that song with the extended part. Hopefully 2016 will be the year of new music! Hopefully the first quarter of 2016.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

This opiate video is nice because it's a release of new recorded material and a video. I'm still not very excited about it. I won't feel good about anything Tool does until they release the album. I'm really looking forward to what they do as free agents.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Adam made it seem like the Opiate video would be released around the first of the year... but does that really hold any water.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

MobileVortex wrote:Adam made it seem like the Opiate video would be released around the first of the year... but does that really hold any water.
In a word: hellfuckingno.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

He also said it would be released in a bucket... but does that really hold any water?
Don't mow your lawn