Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 am
i could of went to the 2nd show but i needed money for the rest of the week for smokes and weed
Most Canadian thing I've ever read, hope you had enough left over for chicken fingers.
Canned audience laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hey Junior, thanks for the reminiscing. Quite interesting. This is better (from memory) than the TA section of the Tour Manager’s (?) posts during early 10KD touring (Anybody remember that?)

Please feel free to keep sharing these.
Ki77aan :twisted:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm Hey Junior, thanks for the reminiscing. Quite interesting. This is better (from memory) than the TA section of the Tour Manager’s (?) posts during early 10KD touring (Anybody remember that?)

As best as I can recall, those were initially done by the Stage Manager at the time (Eric), and at least one other person. I think you are right in that the Tour Manager was also involved. The eventual intention was to have other crew members contribute, but I don't remember what happened to the project. Maybe it was a victim of one of the website implosions that happened back then.
I believe it was born out of a crew newsletter that Eric used to co-publish called "The Daily Oil Spot" which would get distributed in paper form on the catering tables. It would contain musings and various whatnots, and had no established publication schedule. His co-publisher (Cat) started as one of the catering staff and eventually become the Production Coordinator. She has since left the touring business to work as Neil Gaiman's coordinator, while Eric also left the road and runs the labor at a theater in Burlington, VT.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

junior wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm
tys0n wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:59 pm I wonder what it was like working for Stabbing Westward, should have been a much bigger band, ah well.
Yeah. It never quite clicked for them. I did the end of the "Darkest Days" tour, which was a fitting name for it as they were starting to slip away by then. The venue sizes were getting smaller. Nice guys to work with, though. They gave me an album credit on the next one ("Stabbing Westward"), which was thoughtful.

I've heard they've had a few reunion gigs in recent years, and almost made it to one or 2 of them, but then was out of town when it happened. I think the most recent one was in January when we were starting the Tool tour in San Diego.
I loved Stabbing Westward back in the day. Good stuff!
Junior, you're a legend! :D
Professor of Lesbian Science
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm Hey Junior, thanks for the reminiscing. Quite interesting. This is better (from memory) than the TA section of the Tour Manager’s (?) posts during early 10KD touring (Anybody remember that?)

Agreed! :D
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am
junior wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

I should probably write them all down at some point. Eventually I likely won't be able to remember a lot of them.
Well your starting to now kinda. Just copy and paste them or something. Its neat hearing this stuff and just memories in general for shows and all that. They played Opiate sometimes ? hmm, i cant remember if they did at that buffalo show or not. I remember some band called ''Cold'' opened. i think they sort of reminded me of Alice In Chains a little but i could be wrong. They werent too bad from what i remember which isnt much.
They might not have started messing around with Opiate until 1999. You didn't miss anything.
Cold were friends of theirs from Jacksonville. I don't remember much about them, but I see on Wikipedia that they list 13 former members.
Megadeth was pretty good and of course we had to catch a little bit of ''Motorhead'' ''you'll all pink and peeling'' Lemmy said. it was fn' hot! he was right! baha!
That year on Ozzfest Motorhead were the 2nd stage headliners, so they were usually on while we were getting Tool ready. Ozzfest was doing a thing where each of the 2nd stage bands would play the main stage as the first band of the day twice during the tour on a rotation, so that was the only way I got to see Motorhead. The lower pavilion was usually quite empty at that time of day (1pm), so we were able to sit pretty close for their sets. I remember Lemmy groaning and saying "I'm not used to being up this early" before they "kicked our arse" for 30 minutes.
and cool about this Nite Bob dude, i'll have to check that out. Psychotica was kinda neat. i saw them at the first Warehouse show in Toronto. i could of went to the 2nd show but i needed money for the rest of the week for smokes and weed :S i missed Tool opening with ''No Quarter'' aaugh!. my friend said that show was better then the first night too which was already good. dooh! ah well. Theres a little bit of footage from the 2nd night that MuchMusic shot so i got to see that at least.
I remember MuchMusic being there. They were surprised I knew who they were, but I'd had DirecTV since 1994 and they were available on that.
There wasn't enough height for the video screens at the Warehouse, so we just put up a white backdrop to project onto.
Sorry, i cant quote like you guys can,i try and it fucks it up! Not trying again. I took a look and i threw the Limp Bizkit pics i had out from Ozzfest. Opps! I forgot i did that but it came back once i looked. i have a nice one from tool that actually looks pretty ok kinda for a disposable camera from that long ago. Ill put it in here. It has lights too! so watch out! ;)

haha, Lemmy is awesome. He went right till the end! God bless em!

After you said, Motorhead being on just before Tool,that came back to me a bit too. My one friend Stu at the time was the dude that knew the times and all that shit when everyone was on etc etc, when Motorhead was on, we were getting jacked cause Tool was coming on shortly afterwards, its funny how little things come back when someone else says something.

Ya, i remember the old Warehouse did have a pretty low backdrop ceiling thing. Those fn' pillars were annoying till they finally got rid of them. Back in 96' they were still there,if you remember those stupid things. probably though cause they sucked. haha

I use to always try to catch the bits of live footage from concerts back in the Much days. The bit of footage from that 2nd toronto show was on a lot when they had a Tool ''spotlight'' that they did everyday for different bands. i transferred all my vhs footage and shared stuff like that 11 years ago. The 40 min or so of Tool interviews/live segments thats on youtube, thats from my vhs tapes :) i dont mind when people share stuff but when they use ADS making money off shit, thats when it annoys me. anyway.
Burgettstown 98' Tool. great pic!.jpg
Burgettstown 98' Tool. great pic!.jpg (124.65 KiB) Viewed 9596 times
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:52 pm
i could of went to the 2nd show but i needed money for the rest of the week for smokes and weed
Most Canadian thing I've ever read, hope you had enough left over for chicken fingers.
is chicken fingers a non-australian thing ? im pretty sure theres plenty of chicken fingers in the US.

Poutine,Coffee Crisp and Ketchup chips are still a canadian deal as far as i know. oh and Smarties. Not Smart-Ass like you,Tyson. haha :)

Although STEVES old boss Bernie from Petes Pizza, i saw him and his kids once at a malls food court thing. His one son at the time was really young and he was sitting there with his chicken nuggets on his finger tips going ''LOOK, CHICKEN FINGERS'' so that might be a canadian thing ? i donno. ha

Speaking of Steve and Petes Pizza, hes living in this apartment that apparently had some weird Poltergiest shit happen,50 years ago! :o i never knew of that till he showed me the article this past August. The building is up for sale but go figure, he moves into some place,in the ghetto that had some poltergiest thing happen and its above a Petes Pizza (not the one he worked at) but its till fn' hilarous and weird at the same time. I havent gone to visit yet but i'll bring a cross just in case when i do or something. haha

There was as show or two that talked about this with retired police officers from my area. You can find those on youtube if your interested.

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news/ ... -sale.html
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

We have Smarties in Australia bob, in both chocolate and people form (our esteemed Admin/Moderator for one)

Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 am Ya, i remember the old Warehouse did have a pretty low backdrop ceiling thing. Those fn' pillars were annoying till they finally got rid of them. Back in 96' they were still there,if you remember those stupid things. probably though cause they sucked. haha
Yeah. I do remember those.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:43 pm We have Smarties in Australia bob, in both chocolate and people form (our esteemed Admin/Moderator for one)

damn! even ''FAMILY'' size. i never really liked Smarties. M&M's (the peanut ones) are much better. In pepple form? Are you mad at someone or something ? Weres HB anyway ? hes too busy on discord and is missing out on all the fun here. Its too busy there, its more fun when less people are around. stay off my lawn! ha

what about Maple Sryup. isnt that better in Canada ? or does Australia have that too ? haha im just fn with ya. but i guess i wonder anyway

I thought you'd remember the pillars, Junior! That venue was torn down around 2015 or so. Concerts stopped sometime before that though,not sure when. The last show i saw there was Skinny Puppy in 2007. That was a great show, the sound was incredible. Rush at the ACC in 2007 was another show that was unreal in that way. Guess that was a good year!

Tools up there with the 98' show we talked about and then at the ACC in 2012, 19 rows back dead centre in that arena sounded sweet! I find shows sound pretty good in that cement box,better then the Hamilton one. The scoreboard at Scotiabank is huge now! I've never seen one that big. Were did you guys put the surround sound speaker things for those shows ? I was looking around but didnt notice them. I was way up front on Adams side so prob a bad spot for that. Had a great view of Danny though, that was the highlight that night. Thank God i had tickets for the 12th. that shit on the 11th was nutz!!! We dont get storms like that so early in the season - like ever, but we did last year. Im sure the toasty warm LA peeps were lovin' that one eh? 8-)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

And to think you nearly decided to sell those tix Bob! Praise jeebus we all peer pressured you into going, eh?

That was a damn fine shot for a disposable camera in ‘98. Good on ya.
Ki77aan :twisted:
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 am I thought you'd remember the pillars, Junior! That venue was torn down around 2015 or so. Concerts stopped sometime before that though,not sure when. The last show i saw there was Skinny Puppy in 2007. That was a great show, the sound was incredible. Rush at the ACC in 2007 was another show that was unreal in that way. Guess that was a good year!
I think my last time there was with "The Good, the Bad & the Queen" in 2007 when it was Kool Haus. I forgot to put them on my list of tours earlier. Not intentional, it was enjoyable. They only did about a week of shows in North America, and those were the ones I did.
The scoreboard at Scotiabank is huge now! I've never seen one that big. Were did you guys put the surround sound speaker things for those shows ? I was looking around but didnt notice them. I was way up front on Adams side so prob a bad spot for that. Had a great view of Danny though, that was the highlight that night. Thank God i had tickets for the 12th. that shit on the 11th was nutz!!! We dont get storms like that so early in the season - like ever, but we did last year. Im sure the toasty warm LA peeps were lovin' that one eh? 8-)
Big scoreboards seem to be all the rage these days. The normal locations for the surround PA and lights were designed to be well away from scoreboards. I think Liam (the sound system tech) had a look at drawings/photos of most of the buildings ahead of time when he came up with the locations and trussing for the cable paths. It was also a little flexible. The only thing that ever messed with it was if the ceiling was too low, or the floor wasn't long enough.
I remember the weather being a bit crap, now that you mention it. I didn't spend that much time outside, though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 am And to think you nearly decided to sell those tix Bob! Praise jeebus we all peer pressured you into going, eh?

That was a damn fine shot for a disposable camera in ‘98. Good on ya.
i was going to sell my ticket ? nah, i just wasnt too impressed with the setlist. i think i was thinking of just not going at all but i couldnt help it cause i cant miss Tool even if its a love/hate relationship. ha

thanks Kittan, for 1998 its not bad with those thingys. i just snapped a pic straight from a cell phone too. dooin it! Ha
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:37 pm
bob wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 am I thought you'd remember the pillars, Junior! That venue was torn down around 2015 or so. Concerts stopped sometime before that though,not sure when. The last show i saw there was Skinny Puppy in 2007. That was a great show, the sound was incredible. Rush at the ACC in 2007 was another show that was unreal in that way. Guess that was a good year!
I think my last time there was with "The Good, the Bad & the Queen" in 2007 when it was Kool Haus. I forgot to put them on my list of tours earlier. Not intentional, it was enjoyable. They only did about a week of shows in North America, and those were the ones I did.
The scoreboard at Scotiabank is huge now! I've never seen one that big. Were did you guys put the surround sound speaker things for those shows ? I was looking around but didnt notice them. I was way up front on Adams side so prob a bad spot for that. Had a great view of Danny though, that was the highlight that night. Thank God i had tickets for the 12th. that shit on the 11th was nutz!!! We dont get storms like that so early in the season - like ever, but we did last year. Im sure the toasty warm LA peeps were lovin' that one eh? 8-)
Big scoreboards seem to be all the rage these days. The normal locations for the surround PA and lights were designed to be well away from scoreboards. I think Liam (the sound system tech) had a look at drawings/photos of most of the buildings ahead of time when he came up with the locations and trussing for the cable paths. It was also a little flexible. The only thing that ever messed with it was if the ceiling was too low, or the floor wasn't long enough.
I remember the weather being a bit crap, now that you mention it. I didn't spend that much time outside, though.

ya, just a little crap. snowstorm all day long. Good thing you stayed inside! The roads were fine for the 12th on my way to TO but walking on the sidewalks in downtown toronto was like an ice rink. should of brought skates! Speaking of Toronto, im seeing pics of shows going on a bit these days. Just super local stuff im assuming and not a lot obvioulsy but theres some life happening around.

Ya, i was wondering if those scoreboards were all huge like that and you'd know obviously. i see, thats how it is now. right arm!

Nice some people are still around without a tour. what a bunch of posers! :P
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

How is Steve holding up, bob?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:21 pm How is Steve holding up, bob?
ha, i donno. the last time i talked to him i asked him a simple question. nothing invasive or anything just to paint the picture. and he gave me three different answers. hes heads up his ass and hes not paying attention most the time or whatever hes doing. drunk ass etc,etc. anyway, we got into an argument sorta and he hasnt been around. prob just not drunk. he'll be back. its the same thing all the time. So to answer your question, not too good imo,but he prob thinks things are fine. ha
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Looks like someone has already got their hands on one of Adam's signature guitars.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

So are we getting a friggen music video with this latest rekkid or what?!?!

Jesus Christ...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

In fairness, they've been pretty busy touring since the album dropped.
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

whats up,Bulldog!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

So even though he doesn't, to my knowledge, use one like on the far left, are they going to release this as a signature model? it has the same pup configuration and look, same color, but doesn't have the headstock ornament and AJ doesn't use one with a pickguard.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 am So even though he doesn't, to my knowledge, use one like on the far left, are they going to release this as a signature model? it has the same pup configuration and look, same color, but doesn't have the headstock ornament and AJ doesn't use one with a pickguard.
Maybe I'm misreading your comment, but I think Adam's custom is the second one from the left...with the mirror on the headstock (and no pickguard).

Although, this is just a picture/post I pulled from r/toolband...so it could all be wrong. :D

*Here's some additional information I found online: http://moronreviews.com/uncategorized/a ... -revealed/
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

nxrm wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:52 am
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 am So even though he doesn't, to my knowledge, use one like on the far left, are they going to release this as a signature model? it has the same pup configuration and look, same color, but doesn't have the headstock ornament and AJ doesn't use one with a pickguard.
Maybe I'm misreading your comment, but I think Adam's custom is the second one from the left...with the mirror on the headstock (and no pickguard).

Although, this is just a picture/post I pulled from r/toolband...so it could all be wrong. :D

*Here's some additional information I found online: http://moronreviews.com/uncategorized/a ... -revealed/
yes, sorry. sometimes I feel like what I mean doesn't come across correctly when I type. I know the second from the left is definitely his signature, but I didn't know if they were going to release the far left as some sort of "pseudo-signature". re looking at this, I realized that it's just his dude's collection and he's showing of his silverbursts and happens to have one of Adam's signature's already.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:57 pm yes, sorry. sometimes I feel like what I mean doesn't come across correctly when I type. I know the second from the left is definitely his signature, but I didn't know if they were going to release the far left as some sort of "pseudo-signature". re looking at this, I realized that it's just his dude's collection and he's showing of his silverbursts and happens to have one of Adam's signature's already.
Yeah, I agree...I think this is just someone's collection with Adam's newly acquired Gibson Les Paul. \m/
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Nothing to do with the photo, but in the past Adam had 2 Silverbursts on the road, and I think only one of them had the mirror, or the other one had a different mirror. There might have been a time that one of them had 2 stock "PAF" pickups, or 2 Duncans, or if not then it at least had a different bridge pickup. Maybe an EMG at one point? My memory is fading on all of that, but I'm sure there are pictures somewhere. The 2 weren't quite the same.
There was also that 3rd guitar, a non-Silverburst (the "Prison Sex" guitar) that was strung and tuned differently, and also used for "Parabol/a" for a time.
This past year or 2 he had somewhere around 5 Silverbursts on the road, and I think there was a prototype of the signature along for a while, but I don't know if he ever used it in a show. One would have to ask him or his tech.
However it has gone, the signature model is based on the current state of the "main" one, as far as I know.