Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r »

Would be totally TooL if they started releasing vidoeclips to old songs.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

If anything needs reworking it's Lateralus, maybe cut it down a few minutes.
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

lol, the song written to match Fibonacci. You just cannot edit it. Now, Reflection could use a good trimming.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:42 pm If anything needs reworking it's Lateralus, maybe cut it down a few minutes.
I have always questioned if the back half of that song is really necessary at all as well. Typical making a song long for the sake of it approach
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:43 pm
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:42 pm If anything needs reworking it's Lateralus, maybe cut it down a few minutes.
I have always questioned if the back half of that song is really necessary at all as well. Typical making a song long for the sake of it approach
wow, thats crazy talk! Lateralus is fine the way it is and D/Reflection totally is too.

reworking Opiate to play live sounds good but releasing a video for it after 27 + years seems off. go back and listen to some 98' recordings though. they did those little added parts to songs the best back then. jerk off,sweat,(pushit which is well known) and Bottom sound great with there added little touches. M sounded better then he ever did in 98 imo but not just mine. a variety in the setlists, the golden era as some call it. they are boring now compared to back then. im glad and fortunate i was the right age and able to see them back in those days.
Last edited by bob on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:44 am
bob wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:46 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 am

They said that in 1992 . . .
wtf u talking about. there was no video back then for Opiate.
I meant the song you daft cunt.
well clearly they didnt say f all cause they redid it and made a video for it :D Maynard lover! haha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I was kidding Busty, jebus, sacrilegious talk from you.
Canned audience laughter
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I hope this downtime allows them to build upon all the riffs and jams they didn't end up using for Fear Inoculum. Take the best stuff they were working on and add in all the new stuff they might be able to create if they aren't touring right now.

However, I'm not expecting a new album until at least 2025. I think they'll do one last record around the middle of this decade, tour for a few more years and call it a day about 10 years from now...

6 full length albums would be neat (Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10,000 Days, Fear Inoculum and ______ ).
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:36 am
The band themselves effectively admitted its the weakest song from the album (potentially from their entire catalogue), why else would they abandon it as a live song.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

THIS
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:44 am
bob wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:46 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:43 am I meant the song you daft cunt.
Deftones!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:44 am

The band themselves effectively admitted its the weakest song from the album (potentially from their entire catalogue), why else would they abandon it as a live song.
:lol:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

:lol: Wholly shit!!
Ki77aan :twisted:
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

So, no new album in August or September? :cry: :oops:
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 am So, no new album in August or September? :cry: :oops:
Perhaps 2024/2025?
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

2024/25....Smells like a trailer for a random musicvideo (not to be released afterwards).
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

It just took them about 13 years and 500 plays to figure it out. It can take time, I guess.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think Busty is talking about the song Lateralus here Junior, possibly in a provocative manner.

From what you've seen though, which song do you reckon was the hardest for the band to put together?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

junior wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:12 pm

It just took them about 13 years and 500 plays to figure it out. It can take time, I guess.
Geez Busty, I can not tell if you are joking or not. Did the band really say that or are you trolling?

By the way, I think Junior was being sarcastic with his comment. Junior, you can correct me if I'm wrong with this.

I have said this recently (about this song), I really do believe it has been Tool's best closer and I don't know why they omitted it from the setlist. Maybe you are right Busty. Omitting Lateralus over Schism or playing stinkfist for the closer instead? That does not make sense (kind of like Jonnie Cochran stating this about Chewbaca on South Park}

By the way Busty, I like your mullet pic more than your new one - and Junior, you need to add a pic to your profile, come on man, - anything would be better than nothing!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Better late than never I guess. Just a shame I had to have 9 concerts ruined by being subjected to it though.

And I agree with you Bottles, it's a pretty fucking ridiculous new avatar I have isnt it. Perhaps we should put it to a vote.... who else thinks my new avatar is a bit shit?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Better late than never I guess. Just a shame I had to have 9 concerts ruined by being subjected to it though.

And I agree with you Bottles, it's a pretty fucking ridiculous new avatar I have isnt it. Perhaps we should put it to a vote.... who else thinks my new avatar is a bit shit?
HAHA! i never said it was shit, just got used to the other pic and familiar with it. The pic is your favorite football team, right? (what Americans call soccer) I am very ignorant to this sport, but it's finally getting big here in the US. I really don't care for American Football either. I do love the basketball tho.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

:lol:
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

dont over due it or anything. haha. i think they stopped playing lateralus cause they got sick of it or M got sick of it dooh!. if i had to bet,Schism never leaves cause its a well known song,cater to the newbies. Who knows for sure on all the choices though. They need to change it up more. the 2nd round for NA was happening that way. ya, make everyone go the first round hoping for that but then do it on the 2nd leg to make sure they come back for a newer more updated setlist. cha-ching! That sounds like a M move.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

... why did they stop playing songs? Because too make room for newer ones!

Which old songs stay? The well known hits!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

mattw wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 pm I think Busty is talking about the song Lateralus here Junior, possibly in a provocative manner.

From what you've seen though, which song do you reckon was the hardest for the band to put together?
I was also talking about the song. They played it at almost every show for about 13 years (about 500 times).
Was trying to be clever about how they "think it's the weakest song", because who wouldn't play a song 500 times before they decided they didn't really like it. Anyway. Just bored banter.

"7empest" seems to be the hardest. It took a lot of practicing before they played that one in front of people.
Probably too easy/likely of an answer, but it's what comes to mind right now.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 pm and Junior, you need to add a pic to your profile, come on man, - anything would be better than nothing!
Better?