Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nrs333
Maynard Believer

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nrs333 »

Looks like they signed up a settlement agreement. There's another entry regarding settlement:

01/23/2015 at 01:30 pm in Department F50, Randy Rhodes, Presiding
Jury Trial - Off-Calendar, Case Settled

The hearing is an order to show cause hearing. CA court rules require that the party has to file a request for dismissal within 45 days of the date of settlement, and if they don't the court dismisses the case unless good cause is shown. March 10 is about 45 days from last Friday. So the putting that hearing on the calendar just sets the clock for filing a request for dismissal to officially end the case.

That's great news.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:Hey Kittaan - got anything on tomorrow night:

http://www.millenniumrestaurant.com/eve ... n-maynard/
Very interesting. I've eaten at Millennium several times, great veggie/vegan place. Unfortunately I have a 6:00am class the next day and $95 for a meal is a bit rich for me in any case. If it was a weekend and I was free, I may have hit it up, as it sounds quite good.

If anybody makes it, please post your thoughts.

Thanks for the heads up HB.

PS - Great news on the potentially settled law suit. Hope that's a reality.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

nrs333 wrote:01/23/2015 at 01:30 pm in Department F50, Randy Rhodes, Presiding
Comes back from the grave to see the Tool album come to fruition \m/
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

hellboy wrote:
I know! I thought it was a joke at first! :lol: Crazy.... but that's how it goes!
Professor of Lesbian Science
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:I may have asked this question before but does anyone know if this "ToolArchive" character on YouTube is affiliated with the band in anyway or a member of our beloved FE?

Either way, he does post some of the best TOOL bootlegs out there
That question seems to get raised whenever some uploads a bunch of stuff to Youtube. The answer is almost certainly no - it's just someone with access to the Tool Drive and plenty of time on their hands.
You know...I could've sworn that it was Joe Barresi and that was what the newsletters with him and the tapes were about. I know music software is always becoming more advanced, but those unlocked videos sound like someone has access to the masters, given the track isolation.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

limeygringo wrote:You know...I could've sworn that it was Joe Barresi and that was what the newsletters with him and the tapes were about. I know music software is always becoming more advanced, but those unlocked videos sound like someone has access to the masters, given the track isolation.
You might be referring to the tracks that came from Guitar Hero? Or maybe the IEM stuff?

In any case, there's zero chance that's Joe, IMO.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

limeygringo wrote:
hellboy wrote:
BlackHole83 wrote:I may have asked this question before but does anyone know if this "ToolArchive" character on YouTube is affiliated with the band in anyway or a member of our beloved FE?

Either way, he does post some of the best TOOL bootlegs out there
That question seems to get raised whenever some uploads a bunch of stuff to Youtube. The answer is almost certainly no - it's just someone with access to the Tool Drive and plenty of time on their hands.
You know...I could've sworn that it was Joe Barresi and that was what the newsletters with him and the tapes were about. I know music software is always becoming more advanced, but those unlocked videos sound like someone has access to the masters, given the track isolation.
I'm not sure why someone from the Tool camp would do this in secret though, I don't see the motivation behind it. And if Joe was doing it off his own back (which I highly doubt) then I'd imagine Tool will be seeing him in court soon enough!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
spelled differently however
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
spelled differently however
No shit! Still humerus though!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I sea what you did their.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Do you have a bone to pick with me?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

The isolated tracks for Schism, Parabola and Vicarious are all from Guitar Hero. Look up any of the songs that were in those games and someone has uploaded the individual stems to youtube. This is so that when you're in practice mode in the game you can hear more clearly what you're playing.

I don't think that Activison had the masters or anything, they've merely used their software to turn down the other instruments in the song (listen hard enough and you can hear them). Either way it's pretty cool.

Lamb of God released a producers edition of their albums Sacrament and Wrath giving fans the ability to remix them with some basic stems. Reznor gave away all the tracks to Year Zero I believe which was cool.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

hellboy wrote:I'm not sure why someone from the Tool camp would do this in secret though, I don't see the motivation behind it. And if Joe was doing it off his own back (which I highly doubt) then I'd imagine Tool will be seeing him in court soon enough!
Tool's history of practical jokes and riddles is enough for me to believe they don't care about who knows or not. And yeah, I doubt it would be without clearance.
SoMuchChub wrote:The isolated tracks for Schism, Parabola and Vicarious are all from Guitar Hero. Look up any of the songs that were in those games and someone has uploaded the individual stems to youtube. This is so that when you're in practice mode in the game you can hear more clearly what you're playing.

I don't think that Activison had the masters or anything, they've merely used their software to turn down the other instruments in the song (listen hard enough and you can hear them). Either way it's pretty cool.

Lamb of God released a producers edition of their albums Sacrament and Wrath giving fans the ability to remix them with some basic stems. Reznor gave away all the tracks to Year Zero I believe which was cool.
That makes sense about the Guitar Hero tracks being isolated, but not the other songs. Activision couldn't do that without the master tapes or at least copies of them. They had to re-record Ace of Spades and Evil because the masters were not able to be located.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

How about Thursday night instead Kittaan:
Rock Star Winemaker Holds Court at Causwells

"Renaissance Man" is a woefully inadequate descriptor for Maynard James Keenan. The winemaker, actor, record producer, and vocalist for Grammy-winning progressive metal band Tool is more than a jack of all trades. He's a trailblazer on the viticulture scene, getting new AVAs listed in Arizona and finding out which grapes grow where the best. Keenan will be holding court at Causwells this Thursday from 7:30 to 8:30pm. Stop by for a $15 flight of three wines from his Merkin Vineyards label (yes, that Merkin), including the White Chupacabra Blend, the Chupacabra Rose, and the Chupacabra Red. Two of his higher-end Caduceus label wines will also be available by the glass for $20 each, or $20 for a taste of both the 2012 Primer Paso Syrah blend and the 2012 Anubis Cabernet Blend from Luna county New Mexico. 2346 Chestnut Street
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

$20 glass of wine? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I haven't heard much news about Maynard in a while. Maybe Howerdel was correct in saying that Maynard is in full Tool mode. Well, maybe half new baby mode/half Tool mode. Or 1/4 Puscifer, 1/4 vineyard, 1/4 new baby, and 1/4 Tool. I guess it really depends on the output of the music that the other 3 have finished. It has to be a good sign that he has been to the loft recently.

#smokeonthehorizon
#MothertruckinTool
#JoeyJordoroni>>DannyCarey
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

badkittygothgirl wrote:$20 glass of wine? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or 3 for $15 if you have cheaper tastes!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl wrote:$20 glass of wine? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah right? for some grapes. a glass of grapes for $20. smoke a fucking $5 joint instead and stay in touch with reality. who puts together these wine shin digs? the Steward Of Gondor?

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

^ 5 dollar jays? Damn only in America son. You are Looking at about 20 per Jay down under. And that's not even a proper size. That's why Its best just to grow your own, fuck the middle men. Do you think JC and DC burn?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

A $20 glass of wine is really, really common at most fine-dining/higher-end restaurants, especially if it's anything above what would come out of a $12 bottle from the store. And that's the kind of places he targets for these things because... he's a wine maker who gives a shit. Otherwise he'd be shooting for being the house blend at Carraba's or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'M not running out paying $20 for a glass of wine most nights. But it's not as if this is some "oh Maynard, when will you EVER come down from your out of touch, ivory tower?!" thing.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

It is more cost effective to just buy a bottle. The mark up on individual glasses is insane. I used to work in fine dining and have had my share of pricey wines. I've also had quite a few bottles of Nardo's wine. Tasty stuff, but you're paying for he name associated with his wine. He couldn't command that price if he were unknown.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Totally. But he is known so, I don't see any issue.

And yeah, it's fucking PAINFUL to pay by-the-glass prices almost anywhere. Thankfully I live in a small enough town that I know just about everyone who works at my favorite restaurants, and they'll let me bring my own bottle in.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

When I was a waiter I used to tell people it way, WAY cheaper to buy a bottle than a glass at a time.

In my 5 years of saying that people took my advice maybe once or twice.
Hey! Denty!