The Main Event
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

No username wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Unless it's a double CD with a bonus DVD of live concert footage, I doubt it will really meet expectations. The fanbois will claim it's the greatest thing ever, but secretly we'll all be a little disappointed.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
I really dont care about a double cd or dvd, I just want one good solid album containing 12-14 quality tracks

wtf are you smoking? Tool has never released an album with 12 - 14 tracks, the last one had 7 songs.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Not Tyson wrote:
No username wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Unless it's a double CD with a bonus DVD of live concert footage, I doubt it will really meet expectations. The fanbois will claim it's the greatest thing ever, but secretly we'll all be a little disappointed.

I really dont care about a double cd or dvd, I just want one good solid album containing 12-14 quality tracks

wtf are you smoking? Tool has never released an album with 12 - 14 tracks, the last one had 7 songs.
"Tracks", not songs. He probably included all the interludes as quality tracks.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Well then he's a fucking retard.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

God damn, Useful Idiot is my favorite track!

Nah bro, mine is Eon Blue Apocalypse

Fair call!

Pass the glue!
No username
Maynard Believer

Post by No username »

Not Tyson wrote:
No username wrote:
The Boss wrote:

actually 7 is a rather small number when I think about it, but yes ettan is correct when you think about the way that Lateralus is compiled together its a perfect piece even though it feels rather small when you take out the interludes, its as if adding one more track will collapse the perfect composition as a whole, I would take the quality and care of constructing such an album like that over a dvd or extra cd any day

you see I consider an interlude as a quality track because of its service to the next track and how it contributes to the album as a whole, by itself its meaningless
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

No username wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:
No username wrote:

actually 7 is a rather small number when I think about it, but yes ettan is correct when you think about the way that Lateralus is compiled together its a perfect piece even though it feels rather small when you take out the interludes, its as if adding one more track will collapse the perfect composition as a whole, I would take the quality and care of constructing such an album like that over a dvd or extra cd any day
It doesn't feel small at all, it takes up almost everything a CD can hold, it holds 13 tracks sure, but basically 7 songs, what the fuck are you on about? The interludes on Lateralus equal less than 5 minutes.
No username
Maynard Believer

Post by No username »

Not Tyson wrote: It doesn't feel small at all, it takes up almost everything a CD can hold, it holds 13 tracks sure, but basically 7 songs, what the fuck are you on about? The interludes on Lateralus equal less than 8 minutes.
now I dont know what your talking about?, I agree there are at times only 7-8 actual songs....if you want me to be specific I was talking about quality not quantity, so in that instance I mean 12-14 tracks that come together as a whole to make up 7-8 quality songs....and its these 7-8 quality songs accompanied by their interludes that I would rather take over extra bonus content any day....
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

No username wrote:
The Boss wrote:

I really dont care about a double cd or dvd, I just want one good solid album containing 12-14 quality tracks, personally it dosn't have to be their best album, for me basically its about legacy and overall quality in their catalog of work, if they cant make it better than 10,000 days (which was not a bad album mind you) then I don't think its worth releasing one, their problem is that have always set a very high standard, for me its about respectability at this point, they have such a good body of work they have everything to lose....

that's just my opinion anyway
Twelve to fourteen would be a double album, so - there's that.

And their "body of work" consists of four LPs and an EP. And one odds-and-ends collection. In 23 years. Is that even really considered a "body of work"? Sometimes it looks like TOOL's releases are actually the side-project to all the member's other stuff.

But you raised a good point, and you're right - nothing else matters, as long as the next one is better than "10,000 DAYS".
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

is there any word on who is producing their next album? or is that a mystery as well?
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@The Boss, Justin saying "We're currently involved in the biggest project of our lives" puts the expectations pretty high.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:@The Boss, Justin saying "We're currently involved in the biggest project of our lives" puts the expectations pretty high.
Justin, of all the members, makes it a little different. But I'm a results- and evidence-based kind of guy.

Don't tell me - show me.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The Boss wrote:show me
I can't...at least not in this thread.
HellBoy has sta...I mean Gooogle has standards.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

The Boss wrote:nothing else matters, as long as the next one is better than "10,000 DAYS".
Tool fans love a conspiracy. So how about this?

Tool intentionally set the bar low for themselves on 10,000 Days knowing that their next album would likely be their last as a band, and they wanted to go out on a high note.

Personally, I think that theory is utter bullshit, and while 10,000 Days is not my favorite album (that would be Aenima/Lateralus - changing at any given time) I think it's a masterpiece.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ah the old "double album" conversation has sprung up again. I'll say what I said last time :

In the old days, Tool's last 3 albums would've been considered double albums. I think Undertow comes close.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Fuck Tool.

How is everyone doing? I hope a nice weekend was had by all. Except Tyson of course. Hopefully he drank himself to the point of alcohol poisoning and caught an STD.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Kittaan wrote:
The Boss wrote:nothing else matters, as long as the next one is better than "10,000 DAYS".
Tool fans love a conspiracy. So how about this?

Tool intentionally set the bar low for themselves on 10,000 Days knowing that their next album would likely be their last as a band, and they wanted to go out on a [BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo].

Personally, I think that theory is utter bullshit, and while 10,000 Days is not my favorite album (that would be Aenima/Lateralus - changing at any given time) I think it's a masterpiece.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Hey, i agree, 10,000 Days IS a masterpiece.

There really is not enough love going around for 10,000 Days, yet these "retired" fan boys go on and on about how flawless Lateralus is.

It's a crying shame, i tell you...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MOG wrote:Fuck Tool.

How is everyone doing? I hope a nice weekend was had by all. Except Tyson of course. Hopefully he drank himself to the point of alcohol poisoning and caught an STD.
doing great. excellent weekend, thanks for asking. how you doin mutha fucka? Sunday dinner Semolina bread and pasta like a champ.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Pass tha Gabagool already ya fuck
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG wrote:Fuck Tool.

Thanks, I had a blast. Newcastle Jets won their first game of the season, and Sydney and Melbourne Victory played a cracker game. I got shitfaced and had a blast.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I wonder if anybody saw that Free Birds movie.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:I wonder if anybody saw that Free Birds movie.
what's with animated films lately? they all kinda suck. Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2? Planes? Turbo? Epic? The Croods? wtf happened? Despicable Me 2 was okay. haven't seen a really dope one since Wall-E and "9". but those came out years ago
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Wow, a "9" fan.

Right on, brother.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

children wrote:Hey, i agree, 10,000 Days IS a masterpiece.

There really is not enough love going around for 10,000 Days, yet these "retired" fan boys go on and on about how flawless Lateralus is.

It's a crying shame, i tell you...
No, I love 10K. Cause it's 'ma boyzz, n they did a smack-up job!

But Lateralus is flawless. If you don't hear it, then I'm sorry you weren't born into the correct age/demographic to experience it.

Or whatever.

Flawless victory is flawless.
also, Avatar!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Oh, i hear it, alright. I just happen to feel the same way about 10,000 Days.

Maybe YOU were the one that wasn't born in the right generation, and, therefore, cannot experience 10,000 Days properly to understand that there is no difference in quality. There is a difference thematically, lyrically, and production-wise, but i am talking strictly about the music here.

Don't even think about what Maynard is saying; just let the music wash over you and encompass your entire being...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson