Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig »

Was Skwissgar in there with them??
Hey! Denty!
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

so they disassembled everything and moved all their stuff to a different studio within just a day? don't they have to redo the "pre production" process?
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

they had a buzz, had to move everything to another studio but data has been lost so they are gathering new ideas again in the loft, but the process is going well, justin was really prolific this time, and they are writing material 4 times a week
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

^^^^
what?!
new ideas?
writing material?

does not compute
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

_peterpwn wrote:they had a buzz, had to move everything to another studio but data has been lost so they are gathering new ideas again in the loft, but the process is going well, justin was really prolific this time, and they are writing material 4 times a week
Uh no. A buzz doesn't equate to data lost. The songs are done. The songs have been recorded at the Loft and have obviously all been written down. Going into the studio is when you track, so final recording in preparation for mastering. A buzz in a sound board is a minor delay. Moreover, the entire thing sounds like horeshit. A buzz would be apparent immediately. Literally as soon as Joe hit playback and started to track. If this is news at all, I suspect it is old news. I imagine the drums will probably be finished soon given that Danny has stated numerous times it only takes him about a week or two to get the drums finished. The hold up has always been Adam taking months fucking with the guitar sound because he is a control freak.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As M0g says, it's probably only part of the story. The quote was from a gig at the Baked Potato just the other day. I doubt Danny had time to really elaborate, and it's equally likely the source either didn't get the full story, or only overheard part of it.

I don't expect this is anything other than a small hiccup in the process.

And I'm completely cool with Tool members taking as long as they want to dial in the right sound with their instruments.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Thoughts? Is that a drum head??Image

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

hellboy wrote:As M0g says, it's probably only part of the story. The quote was from a gig at the Baked Potato just the other day. I doubt Danny had time to really elaborate, and it's equally likely the source either didn't get the full story, or only overheard part of it.

I don't expect this is anything other than a small hiccup in the process.

And I'm completely cool with Tool members taking as long as they want to dial in the right sound with their instruments.
Agree 100%

To me, this is part of what makes Tool so special. True masters of their craft. I will continue to pay for a ticket as long as they continue to tour for this reason. Its a peak behind the curtain of how dialed in these guys are. It's evident they all approach their discipline differently, but we always wind up with something great.

They are recording, I'm happy waiting... I wont be disappointed.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Thoughts? Is that a drum head??Image

It’s probably from that fire from years ago...Blair was telling the truth!!
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Makes you wonder what else he could have been telling the truth about? Maybe there really was a Paul in the band at one point.
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I'm not buying it.
also, Avatar!
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

just wondering...since march is almost over. do we have to assume that MJK didn't track his vocals? afaik they had MJK for 3 weeks in march. yet, so far the band only managed to track 1 song...and MJK probably has to leave soon...?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

lukas wrote:just wondering...since march is almost over. do we have to assume that MJK didn't track his vocals? afaik they had MJK for 3 weeks in march. yet, so far the band only managed to track 1 song...and MJK probably has to leave soon...?
He's also the easiest piece (probably) to just plug in when he finds time again.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't have any real concerns over Maynard. Assuming his lyrical contributions are complete, the recording of his vocals isn't really dependent on the other three guys. Assuming for a moment they've missed the window to record him in March, I don't think he'd have any real difficulty recording they was he reportedly did for APC (at home with Mat Mitchell).

There were rumours floating around he was in LA over the last few weeks, so not so sure he can assume he didn't track anything though.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Also placing money on someone's phone was left on that drum head and it blew up (while attached to the drums)
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

A sneak peek of Danny Carey in the studio tracking the new Tool album
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I don't know what to do with my hands.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So I would say that the photo above doesn't appear to be from the Ocean Studios in Burbank, which may confirm the studio change.

Photo's for reference: http://oceanstudiosburbank.com/tracking-room/
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I would so love to be there for even just a few minutes to witness Danny in the studio. God of Drums.
Ki77aan :twisted:
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

anyone else notice the candle in that pic? explains the melted drum head, and he is wearing the same soundgarden shirt.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

greasy wrote:anyone else notice the candle in that pic? explains the melted drum head, and he is wearing the same soundgarden shirt.
Bingo hahaha.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

While browsing the APC subreddit, I noticed someone comment about a sci-fi fiction writer by the name of Ophelia Rue that makes weird references to Tool, such as the pricing of her books being $46.02 and $417.64 (Maynard's birth date).

It looks like this has also been brought up on this subreddit as well ( and some have surmised that this may actually be Maynard writing under a ghost name.

I decided to check out http://www.opheliarue.com and found something interesting.

When you hover over the 'contact' bar on the left hand side a link appears titled "New Tool album release date". That link then takes you to this page which has the date 10/12/2018 (https://www.opheliarue.com/new-tool-album-release-date).

I figured it's most likely a troll but thought it was at least entertaining and worth sharing.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

If you search Ophelia Rue on Amazon there is a section with a bunch of binary text. When I translated it it said this:

Check out the big brain on you you binary converting smartypants. My name is Ophelia Rue. I came into being when two unicorns made eye contact. My astrological sign is a middle finger. I grew up in a cocoon and emerged as an immortal swarm of butterflies. I realized something went wrong and reentered the cocoon reverting to human form. I am the most attractive woman on the planet according to all mirrors. Mona Lisa has a picture of me in her room. My father is not Darth Vader. I am not a member of the band Tool as Reddit might have you believe. Now I write books. Ernest Hemmingway once traveled into the future just to copy my writing style. I gave Jackie O fashion tips decades before I was born. That is all for now. Buy one million copies of each of my books immediately.

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I don't think that's Maynard. If it's anyone then it would be Blair, but I doubt that too. I think it's pretty lame to use this Tool gimmick to sell her book.

...Having said that, the description for the book seems pretty compelling. Almost like a more fantastical Twin Peaks. I might check it out. <,<
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete