Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

JooP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 am
Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:48 pm
JooP wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:58 pm
I’m not exactly sure who you think I’m arguing with but thanks for making me feel welcome here on my very first post. Cheers, mate!

I hope you don't vote conservative, listen to experimental music or take a logical/sensible approach to social issues instead of kowtowing to liberal progressive propaganda.

Otherwise yr in for a rough time..
Sounds like the type of warning a conservative person would give. Neat!
:lol: Doesn't it? Welcome Joop.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

bob wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:30 am turn that frown upside down Adam, you think he'd be a little happier then that. you just cant please certain people! also thats not a recent photo. he cut his mop off before they went to Europe.
That's actually his happy face!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:10 pm
JooP wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 pm I’m not even sure where they sell CD’s in my area anymore. I’m glad this cat is finally getting let out of the bag soon.
Do you live in Mongolia or something? The whole "I don't know where they sell CD's" argument is really lame, like using Google search or online stores is a hard thing to do.
Joop, I agree with you. Since HMV closed down (UK) I don’t know off the top of my head where I would go in person to buy a CD anymore. I have had to search out some very small record shops in my local area, a number of which mainly sell vinyl and CDs are an afterthought. Record stores (for CD at least) are a dying breed.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Why a listening party a day before the release? Why oh my God why? Why is Adam confirming that the logo is theirs? Why?

I miss Mog for canalyzing my disbelief.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Tool finally initiates some PR and utterly fails. Fucking hell! Couldn't these guys not have been a joke for once??

Also, doesn't Adam know that cotemporary Gibson is one of the worst and most hated guitar oompanies? There's a reason the guitars he uses are 35+ years old.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I have a 2012 Les Paul Traditional and i love it, more than my Strat. It’s true that Gibson made some mistakes the past couple of years and their late 80s and 90s LPs were pretty awful but is seems they got their shit together.
I forgot my pen
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I don't think they have their shit together yet while they are trying to sue other guitar makers and trademark guitar shapes like the flying v. Stupid greedy cunts.
JooP
Maynard Believer

Post by JooP »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:31 am
JooP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:29 am
Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:48 pm

I hope you don't vote conservative, listen to experimental music or take a logical/sensible approach to social issues instead of kowtowing to liberal progressive propaganda.

Otherwise yr in for a rough time..
Sounds like the type of warning a conservative person would give. Neat!
:lol: Doesn't it? Welcome Joop.
Thank you.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I do wish we'd have gotten a pattern to follow i.e a simple countdown. But, AFAIK, they have only uploaded Opiate, Undertow and Aenima to social media. The fans came up with a solid theory, but that's just our collective guess of what their intent is. Let's just see what happens next..
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Ettan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:59 am I do wish we'd have gotten a pattern to follow i.e a simple countdown. But, AFAIK, they have only uploaded Opiate, Undertow and Aenima to social media. The fans came up with a solid theory, but that's just our collective guess of what their intent is. Let's just see what happens next..
You've been tooled
Have you witnessed that blood and flesh can't be trusted?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

If there’s no actual countdown to Saturday then whaddya say we get the new album news on Friday! 8-)
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

fractal-machine wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:22 am
Ettan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:59 am I do wish we'd have gotten a pattern to follow i.e a simple countdown. But, AFAIK, they have only uploaded Opiate, Undertow and Aenima to social media. The fans came up with a solid theory, but that's just our collective guess of what their intent is. Let's just see what happens next..
You've been tooled
Have you witnessed that blood and flesh can't be trusted?
What?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Dudes saying you can't trust anybody but trying to be esoteric and shit.
Canned audience laughter
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:58 am Dudes saying you can't trust anybody but trying to be esoteric and shit.
True. I do formulate myself like a complete wanker, take it with a grain of salt
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

The "Not officially official" in that post of Adam seams like a total Troll job! Knowing that everyone is waiting for the Lateralus post on their "Official" social media accounts and posting that.
All well Whatever, Nevermind
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am Tool finally initiates some PR and utterly fails. Fucking hell! Couldn't these guys not have been a joke for once??

Also, doesn't Adam know that cotemporary Gibson is one of the worst and most hated guitar oompanies? There's a reason the guitars he uses are 35+ years old.
He said that himself in an interview somewhere.

I have a early 90s Gibson and love it, best tone selection of any guitar I've ever had. But I'm sure it doesn't hold water to 60s Les Paul.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 am
Boldizar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:28 am Tool finally initiates some PR and utterly fails. Fucking hell! Couldn't these guys not have been a joke for once??

He said that himself in an interview somewhere.

I have a early 90s Gibson and love it, best tone selection of any guitar I've ever had. But I'm sure it doesn't hold water to 60s Les Paul.
I am referring to the recent changes the company initiated when they brought the relevant CEO in 2017 (or so); the guy who decided Gibson needed to be a lifestyle brand and caused the quality of their guitars to plummet, while the prices go up. Chances are we are getting an Adam Jones artist model or something, but whose to say it won't suck or that it won't cost $3,499?

Edit: This guy is sort of grating, but this video has some good information in it. I also heard Bill Keliher of Mastodon talk about it somewhere. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3MgqYvKzPc)
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

In 2018 and 2019 they got rid of that awful automatic tuner and all PCBs, from what i heard people were happy with the 2018/19 lineup.
It’s the most iconic guitar brand with the most iconic guitar design(Les Paul of course), it’s a shame that money hungry executives ruined everything, i hope they bounce back.

Edit: where the hell is the Lateralus post? Did they trill us??!!
I forgot my pen
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I reckon this Adam pic will be in the album sleeve/liner notes etc.

A black and white or grey scale with accentuated or highlighted gold parts to match the new logo design:

Each band member might have their own pic included, with each having a different object or part highlighted in gold. Similar to how they set out the album sleeve pics for 10,000 days.

Just my two cents.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

damn they got me

Again
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Looks like he's sitting in a changing room at a waterpark! :(
All well Whatever, Nevermind
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I reckon that pic of Adam is a bit too vanilla for the album art, but we'll see I suppose. Would not but surprised if Travis Shinn does the promotional photos again though.
TexasTool
Maynard Believer

Post by TexasTool »

No Salival on July 25 since it is not in print any more. Lateralus will show on July 26, 10000 Days on July 27, nothing on July 28 since is a day of rest, something new on July 29...start of a new work week.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Oh, and I'll add that a Gibson Custom is at a quite different level to the stuff you buy in mom and pops music emporium.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Hellboy didn’t you say some sort of single would come end of week? What’s your thoughts on the fake countdown troll?