Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
all_one_mind
Bronco's Fan

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by all_one_mind »

Sure, 10,000 Days might be a victim of the "loudness war", but we all know that is NOT the reason people are "unsatisfied" with the record.
The point is that plenty of artists, even a handful of ones actually selling records, are eschewing the terrible mastering and that would be cool were it the case w/10k Days. Like I said I agree production means nothing towards the quality of the album. My favorite albums like Children of God by Swans have the cheesiest, dated production you can imagine, and other really good albums from the same time period (06) like A Senile Animal are mastered too hotly as well...doesn't stop it from being really good
Last edited by all_one_mind on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all_one_mind
Bronco's Fan

Post by all_one_mind »

Krazy_blah wrote:Holy fucking shit. Production is the most over rated and retarded fucking discussion on music forums. Good music/musicianship, song writing, etc. will make it a moot point. Is there better produced albums than others? Yes. At the end of the day it's about the songs. (Hey, hear that awesome Kanye production- fucking awesome! Too bad he's a dip shit that sucks at hip hop!!)
Yeah that's literally exactly what I already said when this whole conversation started. Ultimately the production doesn't stop me or anyone else I know from liking a record. Guess that means it shouldn't ever be analyzed or pointed out!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

children wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Holy fucking shit. Production is the most over rated and retarded fucking discussion on music forums. Good music/musicianship, song writing, etc. will make it a moot point. Is there better produced albums than others? Yes. At the end of the day it's about the songs. (Hey, hear that awesome Kanye production- fucking awesome! Too bad he's a dip shit that sucks at hip hop!!)

And children, get off your high horse (no pun intended) you fucking hypocrite.
On what subject am i being a hypocrite on exactly? Just curious...

The "drugs are awesome, alcohol is for losers" crap. That's some serious trolling shit.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

To bad there's no Random Tool Social Media going on >_>
also, Avatar!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Thread - :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Tool Sucks
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Adam speaks out on why it took them so long to get new material. "We've evolved."

Fuck you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ettan wrote:Adam speaks out on why it took them so long to get new material. "We've evolved."

Fuck you.
hahahahaha! Well done sir well done
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Krazy_blah wrote:
children wrote:

And children, get off your high horse (no pun intended) you fucking hypocrite.
On what subject am i being a hypocrite on exactly? Just curious...

The "drugs are awesome, alcohol is for losers" crap. That's some serious trolling shit.
I drink alcohol... a lot. I don't give a shit if people want to do it. I also take pyschedelics from time to time, and i happen to enjoy them more than alcohol. The only reason i was bashing alcohol is because "THE BOSS" was calling Budsyralli a "druggie" because he uses psychedelics and i was pointing out that "THE BOSS" is a fucking hypocrite for criticizing a person for using a certain drug when he is a fucking alcoholic. Alcohol is a drug just like psilocybin mushrooms...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

yup
go taff!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote:.......i was pointing out that "THE BOSS" is a fucking hypocrite for criticizing a person for using a certain drug when he is a fucking alcoholic.
He's an alcoholic?!?! Hmmmm. Interesting.

children wrote:Alcohol is a drug just like psilocybin mushrooms...

Um....I'm going to go all out and take a wild stab here and say "no it isn't".

Yes alcohol is a "drug" but........there's a reason you can't go into a convenience store and buy psilocybin mushrooms.

:?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Obviously because they make you think for yourself, and question authority. alcohol makes you think like authority and question yourself.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

I wonder what and why that reason is???
go taff!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Well, i assume "THE BOSS" is an alcoholic based on the observation of him being an arrogant cunt, and the fact that he has admitted to drowning himself in the liquid shame on a regular basis. But whatever, "THE BOSS" can do as he pleases. I am not going to hold it against him, as long as he doesn't criticize other people for their substance abuse...

...and why does it matter if you can't go into a convenience store and purchase psilocybin mushrooms? Who cares if psychedelics are illegal. Alcohol was illegal at the beginning of the 20th century. It didn't stop people from drinking it. Eventually, people realized that it was a bad idea to make alcohol illegal. People these days are slowly realizing that psychedelics shouldn't be illegal along with every other drug known to man. Marijuana, which is technically i mild psychedelic, WILL become legal one day for ALL purposes. The United States has already begun the process of legalizing it for recreational use. The movement is in motion. It's just a matter of time now. NONE OF THIS SHIT MATTERS...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

If none of you can realise that I was rippin' on that fucking idiot for the way he was barely able to string a sentence together while high (and often, sober), and NOT because of what he chooses to put into his own body - then you're an idiot and I'm happy to be taking another little break over the next few weeks.

I couldn't give a fuck what you do with your mind or body - but don't spew the benefits of psychedelics and how they've changed your life when you can't even type a coherent sentence. It makes your whole argument fall apart.

Pretty sure I'm not a full-blown alcoholic, but thanks for the judgement call anyway. Good to see you're using that empathy and those critical reasoning skills that years of drug use has given you.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Hey, i empathize, alright...

I have friends who abuse alcohol and are going down a dark path of self-destruction. I also have friends who abuse other drugs and it isn't any different. You can abuse anything. There are negative aspects to everything in this world. The point is that you can use any substance as long you don't abuse it.
all_one_mind
Bronco's Fan

Post by all_one_mind »

There is no real yardstick to measure 'responsible use' or 'addiction'. I have been a drug addict for many years and I recognize that because if I didn't have them I curled into a ball into my house, stopped paying the bills, and basically died. Yet I never ended up homeless, even fucking with heroin, methadone, morphine, hell, even crack but many people I know have. Something in my brain triggers the idea that I need to put the shit down when it means the difference between paying bills and being on the streets. I am lucky because many can't use opiates for many years without either stealing, getting a 'script, going to jail, or ending up homeless.

Then other things like alcohol I can just take and leave. Sure I drink heavily when my dealer is closed or busted, but never to the point of blind intoxication. As for THE BOSS, I've known him for over a little over a decade now. He's not really anything like me except in the sense that I've never seen him destroy his life with drugs. To me, he's a fairly responsible drinker.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Oh, my thread gets locked.. But we can have 10 pages of children arguing about alcoholics and god damned mushrooms..
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I need a break from this place.

With no flow of real news, it's become septic.

Bye!! </333..
also, Avatar!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

all_one_mind wrote:There is no real yardstick to measure 'responsible use' or 'addiction'. I have been a drug addict for many years and I recognize that because if I didn't have them I curled into a ball into my house, stopped paying the bills, and basically died. Yet I never ended up homeless, even fucking with heroin, methadone, morphine, hell, even crack but many people I know have. Something in my brain triggers the idea that I need to put the shit down when it means the difference between paying bills and being on the streets. I am lucky because many can't use opiates for many years without either stealing, getting a 'script, going to jail, or ending up homeless.

Then other things like alcohol I can just take and leave. Sure I drink heavily when my dealer is closed or busted, but never to the point of blind intoxication. As for THE BOSS, I've known him for over a little over a decade now. He's not really anything like me except in the sense that I've never seen him destroy his life with drugs. To me, he's a fairly responsible drinker.
Right on, dude. It's real good to see you again.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

i'll be sure to learn how to fulfill your need for me to have proper 'internet sentences' ....enjoy your lurking boss... you proper man you ;)
go taff!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm not even sure why you guys are still banging on about Tool, Karnivool this year have released an album on par with them.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:I'm not even sure why you guys are still banging on about Tool, Karnivool this year have released an album on par with them.
Genuine lol
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

children wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:
children wrote:The dynamics are way more advanced
That doesn't make any fucking sense.
Let me clarify...

When i said dynamics, i meant the complexity of the music and the way the instruments interact with each other. TOOL's musicianship is far more advanced on 10,000 Days, meaning that the dynamics of the music would be more difficult to capture on a record. Is that not logical?
You're an idiot 'dynamics' comes from production, as in the soft parts and the loud parts, none of which are present on 10,000 days, it's all clip clip clip drums in the back, guitars in the front, riff riff riff, boom boom boom, fuck off.

There is nothing more 'advanced' on 10,000 days.
budsyralli
Fornicraster

Post by budsyralli »

so with maynard stating ' that he will take full responsibility' this should show that he is 100% supportive...that he is committed to the band.. yes?no?
go taff!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

budsyralli wrote:so with maynard stating ' that he will take full responsibility' this should show that he is 100% supportive...that he is committed to the band.. yes?no?
That's how I understood it. While he was showing frustration, that interview seemed ok to me.

And I think the main point to take away there is that he is actually talking about Tool.
Hey! Denty!