Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Maynard's answer shouldn't really surprise anyone. We know Danny, Adam and Justin have been dragging their feet for years.

I think it is part troll though. We all know how much Maynard dislikes answering Tool questions when the main thrust of the interview is about something else. I'm sure Maynard has heard more than he's let on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Even if they've finally made significant progress he'd give the same answer.

There's no need to start a huge hype storm by simply saying "we've made some good progress" or some shit.
Hey! Denty!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

It sounds like it's still unfinished. I hope they play one new song on Halloween and a slightly irregular set list. D/R/T and parabol/parabola would be nice to hear. Do you think the new album with have more synthesizer?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'd be surprised if they previewed any new material at Monster Mash - unless it's the odd random new riff between songs.

Re: Maynard's new quote - well, we've known for some time that vocals are being / have been written. Once all the music is done (which seriously SHOULD be sometime between now and Christmas), Maynard's input will be over and done with fairly quickly. Still don't expect a new album til the second half of next year though.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

blacksabbath wrote:Do you think the new album with have more synthesizer?
Hopefully not. 10k Days has as much synth in it as I'd like Tool to be using.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote:
It's not a foolproof barometer by any means, but the 10K Days touring and especially the live version of Intention certainly point to an increased synth presence on the new stuff. But Tool is Tool, and they always do what's best for the song at hand. I dig the way they use synths though so, I have no problem with this.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

More like "10,000 Synths"... Heh heh
also, Avatar!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

tiresias wrote:King troll speaks! Is he trolling us? Is he stumping (pumping) for Trump 16'? It looks like AZ has turned the edgy rockstar into a sad old man whining about "kids these days". I can say what I want to, old man. Even if I'm not serious. Maybe he just gets off on shocking the chakras of little children? MJK will be long dead before US cities become unsustainable wastelands full of zombies. If the West truly faces such catastrophic climate change, then the Verde Valley will not be spared. The Columbia river, the Susquehanna and the Hudson maybe, but certainly not the Verde. Also, who will afford to buy all that wine if urban intellectuals are forced to scavenge in the American wilderness....? Whatever, I like the new song. Rock out.
It does sound like he's been out in the sun a bit too long.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:
I like it when they use synth. I hope they use more. I would imagine Danny would be behind the synthesizer stuff. Have you seen his synth/drum solo from 2014? It was really cool. That kind of stuff makes me think he will incorporate it on the album somehow. What about Tool using synthesizer bothers you? Did you finish mowing the lawn?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nothing about the synths currently used bother me, I just hope that they don't add significantly more. I think the balance now is just right.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

trilobite wrote:More like "10,000 Synths"... Heh heh
I synth you're onto something.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the more I read their interviews (and the Q&A with MJK's son) the more I understand that this is probably going to be the bands final album. that being said I'm glad they are taking time to make sure it's amazing. I think they realize that as well, it's most likely the reason why Adam is being extra careful and methodical. In my opinion I also think the LP will push the limits for "length" as well, I'm not saying double LP but if it isn't it will be damn close to one.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:Nothing about the synths currently used bother me, I just hope that they don't add significantly more. I think the balance now is just right.
I'm sure you'll love whatever they end up doing. How's that lawn lookin?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think it's likely to be their last one, but only because they take so fucking long. I don't reckon the band have sat down and said to each other "this will be our last one, so we'd better make it good" so I wouldn't rule out another one.

Lawn is only half done, most because I ran out of room in the garden waste bin. Part 2 will be this weekend. My lawn, cut or not generally looks shit because I'm a lousy gardener - personally I have better things to do on weekend than look after plants.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I don't think it's their last one, I've never understood why some of us assume that.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was at least 5 years after this one, whenever that may be.
Hey! Denty!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I wouldn't mind this being the final album. So long as the next few decades see reunions, live releases & shit from the vault.

Your favorite band's growing long in the years
also, Avatar!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

New album cover leak
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I would bet tool releases another album after this. But it'll be along the lines of salival. I could also see them releasing an instrumental album without maynard in a while. Much like triad .. also raven, people assumed this was the final album because it's the last album they are obligated to release on their contract. I would bet if they weren't under contract they would have stopped at 10k days, at least with the full length LPs.. not including my instrumental or salival releases I mentioned
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think that fans take the Tool's contract status far more seriously than the band actually does. I don't think it will have any bearing on how many albums Tool will or won't release.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Christ.

Hellboy is to mowing of lawns as Tool is to releasing of new music.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Nihilism permeates.

Cheers HB for organising the AMA with BMB, and nice one BMB with the replies.
LetsGoBruins
Maynard Believer

Post by LetsGoBruins »

Guys, you're talking about them like they're 75 years old. Musically, they're still in their prime, Tool will be around for a long time to come, i think there will be 2 or 3 or even more new albums after this one. Taking this much time between albums is good for their longevity. Besides, there's too much money that they would leave on the table if they just stop. Don't pretend like that isn't a factor.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

LetsGoBruins wrote:Guys, you're talking about them like they're 75 years old. Musically, they're still in their prime, Tool will be around for a long time to come, i think there will be 2 or 3 or even more new albums after this one. Taking this much time between albums is good for their longevity. Besides, there's too much money that they would leave on the table if they just stop. Don't pretend like that isn't a factor.
something is going on with this album though... not sure if its writers block or lack of drive anymore. but there has to be something going on
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

"must keep reminding myself of this..."

blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

hellboy wrote:I think it's likely to be their last one, but only because they take so fucking long. I don't reckon the band have sat down and said to each other "this will be our last one, so we'd better make it good" so I wouldn't rule out another one.

Lawn is only half done, most because I ran out of room in the garden waste bin. Part 2 will be this weekend. My lawn, cut or not generally looks shit because I'm a lousy gardener - personally I have better things to do on weekend than look after plants.
You don't do edging around the shrubbery and weed and mulch?