Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Yeah I recent picked it up on vinyl. Pretty cool stuff. His new album comes out next week.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

He is coming to dallas soon but sold out again in minutes like his last two trips. MMSICM is a great album though.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

Damn I'm a thread killer. Hellboy you should make me a medal for that something like leprosy medal or something. Maybe. Just a thought.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool killed this thread, not you!
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

hellboy wrote:Tool killed this thread, not you!
LOL Good point
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

There's a rumor going around that Tool has been booked for the Voodoo Fest in Chicago and The Riot Fest in Denver this year. Saw it on Reddit via someone or something called "launchpad" (who's supposedly correctly predicted Tool stuff before) so it's probably best to take this with a grain of salt. Still, it's out there.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It wouldn't surprise me I guess, but it is balls deep in the wine harvest so not sure about that.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Voodoo Fest is in New Orleans.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Oh yea. Well that's a strike against that rumor if they can't even get the city right.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's Ravenpig who got it wrong. The original source and Reddit have the city/venues right.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

The posts in question:
Last year's Riot Fest lineup was announced in late May.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:It's Ravenpig who got it wrong. The original source and Reddit have the city/venues right.
I'm only wrong if you insist on using facts.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

You should be defending yourself in Slack. UKE is saying horrible things about you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Horrible terrible sheeit
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

http://www.alternativenation.net/maynar ... ool-album/
Maynard James Keenan commented on the progress on Tool’s new album in a recent interview with WMMR, and Alternative Nation transcribed his quote. When asked if there was any update on the new album, Keenan said there wasn’t much news. “No, not really. They’re still doing what they do, and I’m still hopeful.”
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

he's still hopeful :D:D:D:D:D:D

jeeeesus
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Eh, he doesn't false promise anything and adds a positive comment. That's about as good and honest an answer as you can get from any member of the band.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I really don't care anymore. It's been that long of a wait. If there's an album at some point, I will surely be on board. There's so much good music getting released that I don't even have time to even worry about this band. Just 1 new Radiohead album in June will tide me over for at least another year.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Looks how rich they is, Papa!! Looks how rich....!!!

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just- ... l-and-more

Yip, yip, yip, yip, yip......
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Bill Hilly wrote:I really don't care anymore. It's been that long of a wait. If there's an album at some point, I will surely be on board. There's so much good music getting released that I don't even have time to even worry about this band. Just 1 new Radiohead album in June will tide me over for at least another year.
I think we are all at this point... I reckon new Radiohead could keep me going for a couple of years...
Be good to each other.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Is it true HB? Voodoo Fest done deal? Saw your post on Toolnavy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Is it true HB? Voodoo Fest done deal? Saw your post on Toolnavy
That's what I've heard from a very reliable source. Riotfests however are not confirmed (though not ruled out either).
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I think the April Newsletter is up?? Seems early? Or maybe i missed it earlier.

TOOL NEWSLETTER
APRIL 2016, E.V.

We’ve got lots of Tool news this month, and I’m not just talking about Danny playing with The Webb All Stars on Wednesday, April 27 at the Baked Potato. So, let’s get right to it. Oh, before I proceed with the really good stuff, I should tell you that the band members (or their management?) have recently installed some automated text redaction software to prevent any ‘inadvertent’ disclosure of privileged information. Although I have no control over this Auto-Redact technology, I have been told not to worry as it was only installed as a safeguard against some unauthorized person attempting to use my admin controls. Okay, now that you know about the auto redaction tool (hehe), here’s what’s been happening in the world of Tool:
During a recent phone conversation with a certain band member, he told me the following: “Goddamn, I just ******* the *** **** ***** and it was pretty damn amazing! Of course, ** still has to **** **** of * *** ****** before ** **** ********, but what * *** was well ***** *** ****.”

In other news, I was told (again, by a band member) that *** ******** made **** a good *****, so it ***** **** **** *** ** playing the ************** on *******! Of course, this doesn’t take into consideration a grey goo scenario involving self-replicating nanobots, VY Canis Majoris going hypernova, or even the more likely stumbling block of anthropogenic global warming from too many advanced personal vaporizers (APVs) using propylene glycol, which is NOT the main ingredient in antifreeze. There is also some talk about **** *****, but nothing ** ****** ** and, ***** *******at this time. So, keep your toes crossed.

NEWS FLASH!
Word has it that the ***** for another **** song has been ******** at the ****, and that the fellows are off to a good ***** on ******* one. So, there you **** it.

STUMPFEST V 2016 TICKETS UPDATE

STUMPFEST (APRIL 21, 22, & 23) at Mississippi Studios in PORTLAND, OREGON is rapidly approaching. Although the 3 Day Passes are all SOLD OUT, there are still INDIVIDUAL NIGHT TICKETS AVAILABLE for sale.
TICKETS

I don’t care about any bad brown acid that might or might not be going around, but those of you planning on going to this year’s “STUMPFEST” should watch out for brown Hobo Spiders (Eratigena agrestis) with impaired vision and wonky web building techniques (often without the proper permits), especially if you are planning on getting to the festival by riding inside abandoned boxcars. The Hobo is a very aggressive creature whose bite packs quite a wallop. In fact, you might have even seen some recent photos of the results of Hobo spider bites that some people mistakenly believe to be a new Portland trend called “front-porch piercing.” Think of the Hobo as a Funnel Web spider that isn’t descended from convicts and doesn’t know how to play a didgeridoo. Also, while you are visiting, BEWARE of huge lists of ciders…

Perhaps now’s a good time to answer some email questions from fans?

QUESTION:
“How much of the new Tool material have you actually heard?”

BMB:
Over the years I have mostly heard sections of what I believe will be the longest track on the album. Last spring, after Danny and Rynne’s wonderful baby shower, a few of us got to listen to parts of other arrangements in various stages of development. (Note: some of the time signatures are completely off the chart!) So, I would say that I’ve heard about 30 minutes of music altogether. I’m sure that I could hear some more if I really wanted to by sereptiously placing a digital voice recorder inside the taxidermy bird at the loft, or by flashing my Tool Web Content Manager badge and demanding to hear the latest riffs, but I would actually prefer to wait until the vocals are added because, for me, at least, that’s when everything really comes together. As I’ve said many times, the individual contributions of each band member is essential to creating the distinctive Tool sound. Therefore, it really doesn’t matter how much music I’ve heard thus far.

QUESTION:
“From your perspective, how has having financial success impacted the guy's motivation to complete the new album? In comparison to the early to mid 90s, do you see the same hunger to get it done? Or has the amount of cash, lawsuits, and other ventures made a new album 4th or 5th on the priority scale? As a complete outsider, it really seems like TOOL touring every couple of years generates enough cash flow to keep everyone comfortable. Comfortable enough in their chosen lifestyle that -- fuck it, why finish this album, let's just ride the wave. If so, I don't blame ‘em!”

BMB:
Personally, I don’t believe living a comfortable life-style from money generated by mini-tours, merch sales, etc. has much to do with things - if you are referring to the amount of time that it is taking to complete a new album. If it were just about money, it would be easy for Tool to crank out a mediocre album (that many fans would be happy with; some even considering it to be a great accomplishment!) and tour with it for years. Instead of just riding a wave, as you suggest, I would like to think that – even if they don’t have as much energy as they did when they were much younger (?) - they are trying their hardest to outdo themselves, wanting each new album to be better than the last one. If this wasn’t the case, it wouldn’t make sense for a couple of members to sit for hours in soul-crushing L.A. traffic four days a week in order to get to the loft where they work tirelessly writing/arranging new music. Why subject themselves to this – for years (plus having to listen to all the groaning) - unless they want their new album (which is the priority) to be the absolute best than it can possibly be?

QUESTION:
“Obviously, Danny’s Asmodeus T-shirt contains pentagonal geometry associated with Venus. My question to you, sir, is WHY didn’t you include this symbol of the ‘Invisible College’ -a compact between fellow learned men - in your LUCIFUGE shirt? Surely, you must be aware of it…”

BMB:
As it appears in the notorious book of spirit conjurations entitled “LE DRAGON ROUGE/GRAND GRIMOIRE, the “LUCIFUGE” (tee-shirt) design represents the “Afflicted Mirror” concept, whereby ugliness or a distorted appearance serves as a signal meant to attract the attention of those interested in hidden otherworldly presences and our trans-human potential. While most people are far more comfortable with depictions of the normal (unblemished) physical form, ceremonial magicians are preoccupied by the impressions of alien otherness and transformative qualities esoterically associated with exaggerated deformity. Now, try explaining this to anyone who asks you about the misshapen figure on your LUCIFUGE tee shirt.

VIEW/ORDER

QUESTION:
“Not sure if you heard about the discovery (gravitational waves detected). Isn’t it interesting that the binary black holes seemed to be in Canis Majoris?

BMB: Are you seriously suggesting that gravitational waves recently detected from somewhere in the constellation of Canis Major might have something to do with the continuing saga of the Stargate Conspiracy? Great Nummo arks riding gravity waves faster than the speed of light? Should we give Sodium Pentothal to the nearest Dogon Hogon? Yes, I’ve read a lot about this, and what I find to be really interesting are all the opposing viewpoints. All of the ugly finger pointing in the scientific community over a groundbreaking physics discovery? There are those who claim the signal was a real cosmic ripple created by a binary black hole merge that validates Einstein’s theory, while others claim that the chirp was a false alarm, given that there are so many other possible sources out there. Then there are those who claim that the signal was faked by a blind injection group or (worse) a spectacular lie cooked up by corporate physicists in order to receive Nobel prizes and billions of dollars in funding. Add to this the Luddites and the Flat Moon Society types! Hell, I’m sure there are even those who think that - if the signal wasn’t the work of Satan (when taking a break from planting fake dinosaur fossils here and there) - then its discovery is still no big deal. A mere triviality. What a sad state of affairs this is… Perhaps we should just forget about any detected signature of gravitational waves and all agree that rocks roll down hill instead of up hill (just ask Sisyphus!) because it’s what rocks WANT TO DO… except for on those special occasions in the distant past when the people from an ancient civilization X managed to convince certain stones that they REALLY WANTED to roll UP hill…

And, finally, someone suggested that the band purchase this item until the vintage Pepsi fridge gets fixed.
OPEN

HAPPY TRAILS

BLAIR
JUSTIN
DANNY
MAYNARD
ADAM
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I wouldn't mind seeing them at Riot Fest as long as there are a handful of other bands I'm interested in to make it worth the trip. I'm hoping Deftones will be there as well as they haven't announced a Chicago show yet.