Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

I assume Canada has a quarantine like Australia does? 14 days isolation and such?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:20 pm I assume Canada has a quarantine like Australia does? 14 days isolation and such?
i wasnt even thinking about the quarantine believe it or not :S Ya, last i heard its still 2 weeks. makes total sense as canadian dates are always mixed in with US dates. Buffalo is really close to me but i dont have a passport. also, atm we arent allowed to cross into the US border but that might be changing in a month.

actually i take that back sorta. if your fully vaccinated im not sure you have to quarintine crossing into Canada now. You do in Australia atm ? i hear so many things about all sorts of things i dont know what ass end is up anymore, ha!
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Don't worry mate; the goalposts keep moving for just about everyone and everywhere... I'm just looking forward to seeing some good live gigs up & running again! 😎🙏👍
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

@Junior:

Really glad to see that you're on the road again! Both for us fans and both for all of you guys who had some tough months.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 pm . You do in Australia atm ? i hear so many things about all sorts of things i dont know what ass end is up anymore, ha!
Even if you're full vaccinated if you are caught entering another state you face 20 years gaol or death by firing squad depending on the time of day.
Canned audience laughter
DTWAirport
Bronco's Fan

Post by DTWAirport »

Time to go figure out where to buy my vaccination card
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

tys0n wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 amEven if you're full vaccinated if you are caught entering another state you face 20 years gaol or death by firing squad depending on the time of day.
Plus we've gotta watch out for the drop bears down here...
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

tys0n wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 am
bob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 pm . You do in Australia atm ? i hear so many things about all sorts of things i dont know what ass end is up anymore, ha!
Even if you're full vaccinated if you are caught entering another state you face 20 years gaol or death by firing squad depending on the time of day.
that seems harsh. but i guess you guys do live in a prison colony full of dangerous wildlife and victorians
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:13 am
well, you being you, im not sure theres meaning in that or not. i have heard Australia has been pretty strict with this virus crap the last while ? you guys dont really talk about it or complain so im not sure how accurate that is. Its gotta be somewhat considering ''things''.

o'tool !!!!!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

bob wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 pm actually i take that back sorta. if your fully vaccinated im not sure you have to quarintine crossing into Canada now. You do in Australia atm ? i hear so many things about all sorts of things i dont know what ass end is up anymore, ha!
I believe a 14 day quarantine for all international arrives regardless of vaccination status is still required here in Oz. I assume there are some exceptions for certain essential workers, but there doesn't seem to be any plans to raise that just yet (though by 2022 I kinda expect these requirements will be lifted)
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

As a Sydney resident, I am obviously looking forward to further improvements and the easing of restrictions etc. However, it's been frustrating for just over 3 months now with just these 'rough' estimates of when we MIGHT be able to do things again.

I'm fully aware of 'what's going on' but numbers & statements like "Let's get to 70% before we do ___ " then get refined into "Let's now focus on getting to 80% before we do what we said we'd do before!" often wear us out. It's nice to have these so-called 'beacons of hope' for everyone to work toward... but after a while, such strategies lose their effectiveness and don't just require a 'booster shot' or friendly reminder.

On a personal level, I guess I'd just prefer targets, goals and dates to be a little more 'concrete' if that makes sense.

Sorry for the rant! I'm open to others suggesting I take a 'different' perspective here by perhaps looking at the bigger picture etc. But as a 'player' in a game where the goalposts keep moving (3+ months) you ultimately just end up going "When is halftime again?", "How long do we get at the break?", "Who do we play next week?" or even just "Fuck this; I don't really want to play this sport anymore."

NOTE: This might be the most 'Aussie' thing here: in NSW, there is a rough plan to open pubs & clubs on Monday, October 11... but kids cannot return to school until at least Monday, October 25 and some have to wait until at least Monday, November 8.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Just got my ticket for Cologne. See you there 8-)
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Spoonman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 am Just got my ticket for Cologne. See you there 8-)
Hope there are some tickets left tomorrow for Cologne.

Just figuring out what a good seat is.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Front of the stage seems to have sold out very quickly.

I was on the website at 9:59 and all I got was a seat for the 3rd row.
That's absolutly OK, but you have to wonder how people are fast enough
to get seats in the first row. :shock:
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

TA presale went well ~ hope to see some of you in NoLa/MIA!

srs condolences to the residents of Berejiklistan, and the greater Antipodes. Strange times.
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Spoonman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:23 am Front of the stage seems to have sold out very quickly.

I was on the website at 9:59 and all I got was a seat for the 3rd row.
That's absolutly OK, but you have to wonder how people are fast enough
to get seats in the first row. :shock:
or they were reserved for the vip tickets and never available
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Spoonman wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 pm @Junior:

Really glad to see that you're on the road again! Both for us fans and both for all of you guys who had some tough months.
Yes. I just hope we can do all the scheduled shows this time. There's a lot of variables out there that we can't control, but my understanding is that we are going to do everything we can to control the ones we can.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

I´m optimistic for 2022.
Looking forward to see you guys (and a lot of other bands as well)!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Surprisingly easy pre-sale this morning. Actually impressed with the ticket options that were made available.

Hopefully they keep this method going forward.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah the Ticketmaster app works well, just not the website.
The TOOLBAND/TOOLARMY thing works pretty well too.

I think the Ticketmaster website glitches due to how it might be coded; I think it thinks you are hording multiple tickets when you try refreshing your page after an unsuccessful attempt at purchasing tickets. It might think you want to keep the tickets you think you just put in your in your cart... even though you might think "I've been unsuccessful here; I've now got nothing in my cart" etc.

So yeah: the website doesn't allow you to check out properly because it thinks your cart has TOO MANY items in it (therefore exceeding the purchasing limits which lead to a "error" being displayed) and you think "Oh no! Error! My cart is empty again... I guess I should try loading it up again!"

An hour later you go "Stuff this, I am going to try doing ______ instead" etc.

Good times! :D
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

FWIW..

My wife recently attended a show in Denver that required a negative COVID test with proof, or proof of vaccination prior to entry. Im hoping this is something TOOL can implement in the event shows are at risk of being cancelled.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Yeah Staples Center in LA and a lot of the NBA arenas/venues have that simple process now. You just prove you've had both doses of a 'recognised/established/legitmate' vaccine etc. via an app from your government (Australia is working on ours now with regard to having it easily displayed on our phones) and you're allowed in the venue.

Keeps it simple and also empowers the venues to essentially say "It's OUR building; we don't want you if you don't want to cooperate with us and be fully vaccinated" etc. Sorry if that offends anyone here but it's just how it is now in our 'new normal' i guess.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

mattw wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:53 pm (Australia is working on ours now with regard to having it easily displayed on our phones)
Already has one, download the medicare app, I've got mine ready for the 1st day the pub opens for a beer or 20 and a slap.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:37 pm FWIW..

My wife recently attended a show in Denver that required a negative COVID test with proof, or proof of vaccination prior to entry. Im hoping this is something TOOL can implement in the event shows are at risk of being cancelled.
in Canada u gotta be vaccinated for most things. the app version will be available on Oct 22nd. for now you show your receipt that proves you got the shots. pretty much everywhere people go other then ''essential services'' u have to be vaxxed. i hope it doesnt get worse but this isnt over. i think u can possibly be tested if your not vaxxed to do '''non essential'' things but they dont talk about that as much. big surprise :/ its def more about vaccinations for lots of those things.

Junior touched on it. i wonder too how this Winter tour is going to go. the worse time for it is then :S kinda nutty but i hope the best for everyone.
Last edited by bob on Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

tys0n wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:48 pm
mattw wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:53 pm (Australia is working on ours now with regard to having it easily displayed on our phones)
Already has one, download the medicare app, I've got mine ready for the 1st day the pub opens for a beer or 20 and a slap.
Cool, I just downloaded it so I hope it's all good to go once we open up for international travel again down here. December 18 onward is the 'template' Qantas and other major airlines are working from right now... let's just work towards that! The Aussie Covid-19 certificate looks kinda neat too; I've got a feeling this will come up a LOT over the next 5 to 10 years... The Greek alphabet doesn't end at delta... 😬

TOOL-wise, I'm just happy they are back up and running again. Hopefully this first half of 2022 shows runs smoothly!