Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
doors
Metalologist
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by doors » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:22 am

'More troubling is the allegation that Tool "managed to get into my apartment and place a ring, that you would wear on your hand, inside." Crowley claims to have recently found a picture of said ring in a CD booklet insert. He does not explain what Tool's motive might have been for breaking into his apartment and planting a ring (the hand kind) inside. According to the complaint, Crowley has been trying to get the Shreveport Police Department interested in Tool (or at least the ring story) since 2003, but they accepted his report only in May of this year.'

What?!? :oops: :lol:

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2007/09/tool-sued.html

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:24 am

Cage match, go!

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:27 am

Ten million sounds reasonable.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 am

Jesus wept.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:02 am

De Leon sued TOOL and others in June 2005, alleging that he had worked as a visual artist with the band since as early as 1991, starting with his design of the band's famous "Tool Wrench" logo through his creation of nearly all of the artwork for TOOL's multi-platinum Aenima album.De Leon's work included numerous other works of visual art closely related to the band and which TOOL fans worldwide intimately associate with TOOL, including "Ocular Orifice," "Gnats," and "Medicine Man," as well as many of the characters of some of TOOL's most distinctive music videos.De Leon's contributions led Tool to ultimately describe De Leon as the "closet fifth member of Tool" on its website.However, De Leon claims, among other things, that he was either not paid by TOOL for their use of his work, or that TOOL paid him minimal sums and exceeded the scope of licenses granted. The defendants filed a second Motion to Dismiss the ten claims filed against them by De Leon on February 16, 2006. ... "This is the first step, but an important one to insuring that TOOL finally recognize the contributions of De Leon to the success of the band," said Steven T. Lowe of Lowe Law, P.C., litigation counsel for De Leon. ... "This is the first step, but an important one to insuring that TOOL finally recognize the contributions of De Leon to the success of the band," said Steven T. Lowe of Lowe Law, P.C., litigation counsel for De Leon. ... Kia Kamran, De Leon's entertainment transactional attorney, agreed: "I was a fan of the band's music, which is how I met Cam, Cam's contributions to the band were so singular, and set TOOL apart from so many other bands in the music business.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:08 am

Shouldn't that be "ensuring"?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 am

Ettan wrote:De Leon sued TOOL and others in June 2005, alleging that he had worked as a visual artist with the band since as early as 1991, starting with his design of the band's famous "Tool Wrench" logo through his creation of nearly all of the artwork for TOOL's multi-platinum Aenima album.De Leon's work included numerous other works of visual art closely related to the band and which TOOL fans worldwide intimately associate with TOOL, including "Ocular Orifice," "Gnats," and "Medicine Man," as well as many of the characters of some of TOOL's most distinctive music videos.De Leon's contributions led Tool to ultimately describe De Leon as the "closet fifth member of Tool" on its website.However, De Leon claims, among other things, that he was either not paid by TOOL for their use of his work, or that TOOL paid him minimal sums and exceeded the scope of licenses granted. The defendants filed a second Motion to Dismiss the ten claims filed against them by De Leon on February 16, 2006. ... "This is the first step, but an important one to insuring that TOOL finally recognize the contributions of De Leon to the success of the band," said Steven T. Lowe of Lowe Law, P.C., litigation counsel for De Leon. ... "This is the first step, but an important one to insuring that TOOL finally recognize the contributions of De Leon to the success of the band," said Steven T. Lowe of Lowe Law, P.C., litigation counsel for De Leon. ... Kia Kamran, De Leon's entertainment transactional attorney, agreed: "I was a fan of the band's music, which is how I met Cam, Cam's contributions to the band were so singular, and set TOOL apart from so many other bands in the music business.
His art is a huge reason I love Tool, fair point.

User avatar
doors
Metalologist
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by doors » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 am

Same.

It's a shame this happened because I was hoping that they would work together again.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:09 am

That would be the ideal deal, if it was possible. Drop the lawsuit, work together and give the guy some money.

User avatar
doors
Metalologist
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by doors » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 am

^
Yeah, stop burning bridges.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11517
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 am

Ettan wrote:That would be the ideal deal, if it was possible. Drop the lawsuit, work together and give the guy some money.
As far as I know the lawsuit has been settled. They're still not on good terms though.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11517
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 am

From my own Fourtheye post back in 2010:
I received an email from Alan Jones last night (Adam’s brother and Tool’s attorney) who confirmed that yesterdays request for Tool advertising material is 100% legitimate. He mentioned that it is for a legal problem regarding litigation with the insurance industry as a fallout of the case against Cam De Leon.

Edit: Alan wanted to let you all know that this is definitely no reflection on Cam. Tool have buried the hatchet with him and that case is long over.

Basically what they are after are examples of pure advertising (Tool show posters, newspaper and magazine ads) that contain those specific pieces of Cam-Tool related artwork. Note that Tool have copies of the art themselves – they are particularly interested in it being used in advertising.

If you do have any of the following, the please visit this site and submit them:

Tool Wrench
The eye from the cover of Aenima
The picture of the white box on the back of Aenima
The Opiate Priest that appears on the cover of the Opiate
The Stinkfist characters
The Prison Sex characters
Novus Opiate Seclorum
Medicine Man
Infiniteeth
Alternatively, if you really don’t want to submit your information on that site, send the scans to me and I’ll email them to Alan directly.

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2180
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:31 am

I don't think they are lying. But why in late 2013 did may may say in the JRE interview that he was going to pick up a cd from the guys and start doing his thing? And they have one song near complete? What about that epic 25 min piece?

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11517
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:32 pm

xZ1mM3r wrote:I don't think they are lying. But why in late 2013 did may may say in the JRE interview that he was going to pick up a cd from the guys and start doing his thing?
Maybe he did. Just because he picked up a CD doesn't neccessarily mean it's complete, or even near completion. It was most likely just a recording of one of their jam sessions for him to listen to.
xZ1mM3r wrote:And they have one song near complete?
Personally I take that to mean one song near completion with Maynard. There's probably a bunch of other incomplete songs, including those hinted at in the interview.
xZ1mM3r wrote:What about that epic 25 min piece?
I guess it's still there somewhere. Maybe they aren't using it - who knows. From what I've heard speaking to people close to the band, there's a bunch of material (mostly instrumental I presume) they work on in the Loft that never sees the light of day.

User avatar
inequitude
Has been
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by inequitude » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:35 pm

xZ1mM3r wrote:I don't think they are lying. But why in late 2013 did may may say in the JRE interview that he was going to pick up a cd from the guys and start doing his thing? And they have one song near complete? What about that epic 25 min piece?
This.

Undecided if the article is worth speculating over, or consigning to the onion bag.

'Millions and millions' in litigation? Seems a bit rich. Could be wrong.

Slightly disengaging that they don't fuck around with fans a bit more (in a fun way), but whatever; nothing changes. Hopefully they're scheming schemes.

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ilikecheese » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Ravenpig wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:is this just a massive late April fool's day joke? wouldn't put it past these guys.
I agree. There is something about this that smells a bit bullshitty.
..."The lawsuit filed from this incident became compounded when an insurance company Tool hired for the band’s defense also ended up filing a suit against Tool over “technicalities regarding the case.”...

Read More: Tool Reveal Lawsuit Is Stalling Creation of New Album | http://loudwire.com/tool-lawsuit-stalli ... ck=tsmclip

Well, my first thought was why in the hell would you
hire an insurance company to protect you against a lawsuit?
How about a lawyer? Sounds like a joke, or maybe TOOL needs a new lawyer;
the one they're using now doesn't seem to be of much help.
;)
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1703
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:02 pm

I have never, in my life, seen so many people talk completely out their ass! I love you guys but try to remember, NONE of us honestly have even the slightest inkling of what's going on with their legal business. Fuck, if you were one of the member's BEST FRIEND, you probably would have no clue.

It really hurts my brain to see so much armchair lawyering going on. "Millions? Really? Seems a bit much." Does it? I just... man. And it's not even coming from some place of defensiveness as a fan. Whine about Tool until it feels good, I couldn't care less. It's the continued proliferation of this new culture of half-information, false-information and conjecture that just kills me. You all KNOW you know nothing about it, why does it nag at you to pull at strings and try to parse this shit?

User avatar
xZ1mM3r
Adsense Clicker
Posts: 2180
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm
Location: Autzen Stadium

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Because it's the first news from the band in years haha

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1703
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Fair enough. Carry on!

User avatar
ziggy23
Floop Swobbler
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am
Location: DON'T PANIC - IT'S PANDEMIC

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Further Details Emerge On Tool’s Legal Woes Which Have Prevented Their New Album’s Release
http://www.theprp.com/2014/07/15/news/f ... s-release/
I’ve met Cam multiple times and from what I was told Tool screwed him about of paying him what he was owed and he’s been after them for this for years while they kept reprinting his work for shirts and other forms of sold Tool media. It’s why they switched to that boring asshole Alex Grey because it meant they would be washing their hands of Cam even though they lost a lot of their artistic edge that made them a household name.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1703
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:36 pm

Ah yes, says the random jackoff in the comments section on theprp.com. Welp... looks like it's time to tap out on reading anything else surrounding this that doesn't come from Tool themselves. Gossip queens have truly won the day.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:39 pm

joeypants wrote:I have never, in my life, seen so many people talk completely out their ass! I love you guys but try to remember, NONE of us honestly have even the slightest inkling of what's going on with their legal business. Fuck, if you were one of the member's BEST FRIEND, you probably would have no clue.

It really hurts my brain to see so much armchair lawyering going on. "Millions? Really? Seems a bit much." Does it? I just... man. And it's not even coming from some place of defensiveness as a fan. Whine about Tool until it feels good, I couldn't care less. It's the continued proliferation of this new culture of half-information, false-information and conjecture that just kills me. You all KNOW you know nothing about it, why does it nag at you to pull at strings and try to parse this shit?
I think people are starting to get an uncomfortable sense that TOOL and Jones in particular might not be completely blameless with all these legal issues.

Hence the speculation.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1703
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 pm

I think god may or may not exist too, and yet... I will never know. Guess that doesn't stop me from wondering.

In case it's not apparent from my posting history here, there are few things on this earth I fucking LOAAAAATHE worse than gossip-column bullshit. Ok for reals for reals... totes done. :) Carry on, my wayward sons.

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4831
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 pm

There'll be peace when you are done (yeah right)
Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more.... (yeah RIGHT!!)
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ravenpig » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 pm

I was wondering, when Adam says the "fans are angry", how does he know?

Do they get emails? (Do people seriously do that?)

Or do they actually read sites such as ours? (We do know Blair lurks at the least)

Just curious.
Hey! Denty!

Post Reply