Tool Boots

The Main Event
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I coulda sworn there was a resurrected Tool boots thread on the new forum.  Can't find it.  And I know Markus was just asking about sources (Dime, Zomb, etc).  If anyone else is interested (recommendations on the best boots and where to find them, etc), ask and let's use this thread as a resource.

While I was d/l the torrent from the first Oz gig, I decided to look for any other interesting Tool-bits I didn't already have.

Found this recently uploaded gem, which I have not yet heard, but the comments sound excellent.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=448029

Tool 
1992-04-25 
New York, NY 
CBGB's 
Opening for Rollins Band 

Source: Sony ECM-909 > Sony WM-D6C 
Transfer: 2G CD > EAC (Secure Mode) > .wav > .FLAC 
Notes: Tracks don't always flow smoothly. 

Setlist 
01 - Part of Me 
02 - Hush 
03 - Crawl Away 
04 - Sober 
05 - Sweat 
06 - Swamp Song 
07 - Bottom 
08 - Opiate 
09 - Jerkoff

I have both Providence and Philly from the following week, as I'm sure most of you do as well... looking forward to hearing this.  Enjoy.

NOTE:  I think this goes without saying: NEVER PAY FOR A BOOT.  The only ones who should be making money from Tool's music is Tool.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Aww, I was hoping this was going to be about Tool boots, not Tool bootlegs.
Don't mow your lawn
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Thanks for the heads up.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

2006-06-28 Paris, France @ Le Zenith is a good one. Audio is excellent and MJK is very talkative and pissed at all the smokers.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=449508

Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty-Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right in Two
Opiate [w/ Heitham Al-Sayed]
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

Dime has a lot. It's a good site. The search function blows, however.

Be warned though. Dime restricts download based on upload. If your quota doesn't measure up, your account will quickly become useless...Like mine. & it's clever enough to recognise if you create a new, or use a different account from the same source, you'll get banned.

I've managed to source quite a few over the years, but always looking for more.

So, having said all that... If anyone knows of alternative sources to Dime, then please post away!
Monolith NZ
Bronco's Fan

Post by Monolith NZ »

MarryHanback said
Dime has a lot. It's a good site. The search function blows, however.

Be warned though. Dime restricts download based on upload. If your quota doesn't measure up, your account will quickly become useless...Like mine. & it's clever enough to recognise if you create a new, or use a different account from the same source, you'll get banned.

I've managed to source quite a few over the years, but always looking for more.

So, having said all that... If anyone knows of alternative sources to Dime, then please post away!

Are you able to upload any to a third party site? Would be sweet to have some soundboard tracks.

MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

Monolith NZ said
Are you able to upload any to a third party site? Would be sweet to have some soundboard tracks.  

Sure. Happy to, if you can tell me where / make it easy for me to upload to.

If you're looking for high quality bootlegs, along with the Paris show posted above, search for Poughkeepsie, Kalamazoo, and Hilversum... From memory, these are some of the best, quality-wise.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

bootlegmatrix has a lot of boots up, i've uploaded a few. I also uploaded a puscifer IEM witch is the most illegal recording to date. lol 
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Finally, the Atlanta 2012 show has surfaced. It's kinda rough but I know BKGG, amongst others, will appreciate it.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=450371
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

he basically just jerked me around the whole time and stopped responding. terrible, he could have just said no

what an asshole
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

UndKeineEier said
Aww, I was hoping this was going to be about Tool boots, not Tool bootlegs.

Same.

/Complete let-down.
also, Avatar!
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Tool 
1992-04-25 
New York, NY 
CBGB's 
Opening for Rollins Band 

^thanks for that, holy shit those screams from Maynard are chilling (hush and jerk off). Ahhhhhh the good old days
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Just came across the first Tool demo tape. It's prob nothing new to most but the its the first time i have heard it. 

Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

I've been thinking about doing this thread for a while now and decided to give it a go. In this thread, we'll talk and discuss Tool bootlegs. As you might already know, I have the Tool drive which is one hell of a collection. 

BREAKING THE ICE - FIRST "POST".

The first Smagmapig recording has just been released. I'd give the recording an 8. 

Review

The audio is very similar to the 2002.07.25 Tulsa recording, pretty crisp, low audience noise and overall really good. The only bad thing I can recall from this wonderful recording is the performance. Maynard struggles a lot to hit the higher notes, Adam makes mistakes (which isn't very rare) and they just seem pretty tired. 

Do you have any bootlegs you'd like to review or recommend? GO FOR IT. 

Let's see how this works out 

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

There already is a thread for this, look it up it has good stuff on it
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Tool Boots

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

these boots are made for prog'n that's just what they'll do one of these days Tool is gonna release their LP just for you.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
aphex0
Bronco's Fan

Post by aphex0 »

tooldriveproject.net anyone? I used to be out of control about Tool audio.

I have some Volto! shows too but they are semi-official so I can't share all of them :(

I
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

aphex0 wrote:tooldriveproject.net anyone? I used to be out of control about Tool audio.

I have some Volto! shows too but they are semi-official so I can't share all of them :(

I
I have the drive
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Anyone have a good link/source for the best possible version of Demon Cleaner? I used to have a better one and now only have this extremely tinny/shit sounding one. Would KILL for a soundboard of that although I know it doesn't exist outside of Tool's personal drives.

Also: isn't there a really good sounding soundboard of the extended Prison Sex out there? Can't seem to find it.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

joeypants wrote:Also: isn't there a really good sounding soundboard of the extended Prison Sex out there? Can't seem to find it.
I've also been looking for a decent copy of the OTRM version of Prison Sex...reckon it's a bit of hidden gem but someone must have a copy? Loved they way did it live, so much so it probably makes it into my top ten tool tracks.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I can't say I've ever come across a copy of Demon Cleaner that is of decent quality.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I didn't think so. The one I have is noticeably more atrocious than the previous one I had (and lost with that old HD).
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Found it

[youtube][/youtube]
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Very funny Tyson.

@ Joey - I have several different versions of Tool covering Demon Cleaner, but it appears they are all from the same source - a poor to medium quality audience boot. The different versions are just obvious attempts to EQ out some of the deficiencies. The best of these attempts I have is from a rip I have called "Tool - Ultra Rare Trax"

Here it is, I'm sure it's what you already have, although my rip sounds considerably better than this. Whoever uploaded this version likely tried to re-rip it, which only adds artifacts.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Demon+Cleaner/5sMn6?src=5

I'll keep my eyes open, but I assume that if a higher quality rip existed, it would have surfaced by now. You may be right that Tool has their own soundboard archive of this show, but I am not sure about that either.
The band Tool covered "Demon Cleaner" during a 1998 show at the Hollywood Palladium, with bassist Reeder joining them onstage during the performance.
http://variety.com/1998/music/reviews/t ... 200453480/

Fuck, I would have loved to be at those gigs.
Ki77aan :twisted: