Best Tool live clips

The Main Event
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Having a hard time finding the link someone chucked up recently of 'Lateralus' from Bonnaroo, saying it was the greatest version ever. Scrolling youtube getting keen for this friday night, having a hard time finding good quality recordings.. If you've seen a quality song or concert on youtube, share here.. Cheers.

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

oldie but a goodie. where was this guy? suspended over the stage like D'onofrio in "the Cell"??

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

huntingtonst can't render correctly, the quality drops. here's my fav tool youtubers. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/surdert123

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToolyBagels

http://www.youtube.com/user/third3ye3

+ huntingtonst never upload stuff anymore, the only one I know who still uploads is surdert. and what the hell is a "surdert?" weird as name. 
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

what-the-fuck. 

Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

recently watched some of this, pretty bad ass!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Anton said
huntingtonst can't render correctly, the quality drops. here's my fav tool youtubers. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/surdert123

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToolyBagels

http://www.youtube.com/user/third3ye3

+ huntingtonst never upload stuff anymore, the only one I know who still uploads is surdert. and what the hell is a "surdert?" weird as name. 

I figured he's the one you got the "ToolDrive" from.  surdert does some decent stuff, but some it's at the 2/10 level.

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

And speaking of surdert's "ToolDrive", do some of those shows have video or are they all just audio?
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

yeah he's a nice guy actually. he did include some vids, 3 puscfer and one tool, but the rest is just audio, a lot of audio .. 
cesaro
Bronco's Fan

Post by cesaro »

Tool's performance of Stinkfist and Bottom from 1995.

I can't fathom how awesome it must have been to experience Maynard at his pomp ! Just watching that Bottom performance gives me chills everytime.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

I wouldn't call this the "best", but it is pretty interesting to compare this to the videos we're seeing of the Australia shows.

Note: I don't own this recording.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I wonder if someone managed to take advantage of the FM transmitter at the Adelaide show.  Not that I imagine a nasally Maynard will really make for a great recording I suppose.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

hellboy1975 said
I wonder if someone managed to take advantage of the FM transmitter at the Adelaide show.  Not that I imagine a nasally Maynard will really make for a great recording I suppose.

Funny you should say. Someone I know (who is definitely not me) thought about it, but couldnt get a decent enough app to record directly from FM to compressed audio. Decided not to bother with setting up a rig to record lossless, which would've been techincally easier but require better equipment and more space than their S2 has to offer. 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MarryHanback said

hellboy1975 said

Funny you should say. Someone I know (who is definitely not me) thought about it, but couldnt get a decent enough app to record directly from FM to compressed audio. Decided not to bother with setting up a rig to record lossless, which would've been techincally easier but require better equipment and more space than their S2 has to offer. 

My old phone has the capability, but I had neither an antenna, nor the storage space for a decent recording.  I did think about it though.
Ettan
Fanboi

Post by Ettan »

I pray to god that someone recorded it through FM. Would be nice to hear a new IEM 
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

If Acer arena transmits an FM signal & someone can recommend an easy & painless way of doing it, I'll ...err...suggest it to my friend.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MarryHanback said
If Acer arena transmits an FM signal & someone can recommend an easy & painless way of doing it, I'll ...err...suggest it to my friend.

Easiest way I can suggest is an Android phone with an FM reciever and a decent sized memory card.

Note that I had a look at the Allphones Arena (as it's now called) website and it said nothing about services for the hearing impaired at all. (though I imagine they have some allowance for it)
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

hellboy1975 said
Easiest way I can suggest is an Android phone with an FM reciever and a decent sized memory card.
Note that I had a look at the Allphones Arena (as it's now called) website and it said nothing about services for the hearing impaired at all. (though I imagine they have some allowance for it)

May have a 16gb micro lying around. Will give it a look.
thesheedspot
My pain is just an excuse

Post by thesheedspot »

i have also been pretty interested in this "best version ever" of lateralus from bonnaroo. the above clip is about the cleanest one i can find, and its just the tom morello part. it looks like he might be playing adams guitar? kind of hard to tell.
Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

hellboy1975 said

The internet almost exploded last time one of those got out.  A war almost broke out on Dime.  I do enjoy them though.

Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

This is really good.  Sorry about my last post.  Not quite sure how it got screwed up or how to fix it.  I'm an ass.