Tool on JJJ

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said
lol at every single person on this forum that talked all that bullshit about how far along they were. hahahaha.   Tools fifth album to drop in 2018.    Hologram MJK for tour.  

Lazy and lacking the ability to write another album. good to know where they stand.

Eh, what can you say. I've obviously "lightened up" recently for whatever reasons.

It'll happen when it happens. Does anyone, seriously, give a shit anymore? Maybe 2014. I mean, it's been this long - hasn't everyone lost interest by now? Does it really matter anymore how long it takes?

I can only speak for myself, but I gave up some time last year. I enjoy PUSCIFER, and recent talk of APC keeps me interested. But in all honesty, there is SO MUCH MUSIC out there that I haven't devoted any time to. PALMS, for example.

TOOL fucking own, no doubt. But I'll survive.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Intension said
Is the whole interview posted some where?

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/zan/blog/s3750997.htm
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

Intension said
Is the whole interview posted some where?

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/zan/blog/s3750997.htm

Piggy!

Up for chat by any chance? I'll head there now . . .
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I can't.  I'm logged in cause I'm listening to Kitaan's AOTW, took a small break from doing housework and thought I'd answer Intension's question. 

Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
I can't.  I'm logged in cause I'm listening to Kitaan's AOTW, took a small break from doing housework and thought I'd answer Intension's question. 

No problems, mate. All the best . . .

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The beautiful thing about writer's block is, when it breaks (quite suddenly usually), the floodgates really fly open. If you want to think positive anyway.

And I highly recommend thinking positively. Not just about this, but anything when you can. It does wonders.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said
Danza -  I see your point. i DONT like pussyfear. or any of the other side projects.   I dont really care when the album comes out. the post was to straight out talk shit to all the fluffers that have done nothing but talk shit about how far along and wonderful Tool are.   

They are not. that was the point.  itll be out whenever and the vocals are going to suck so bad you will want to Donkey Punch the Night. 

Nice wording.

Look, how far can we take this resentment?

Let's see:

1. They've (Carey, Jesus), to a certain extent, tried to keep us up-to-date with album progress. It ended up not being worth shit.

2. They charge an exorbitant amount (IN MY PERSONAL OPINION) for an EP that I originally pair AU$10, back in the day.

3. ADAM JONES is a cunt.

4. They offer a AU$500 meet-and-greet with Lazy Bones. Value to be decided.

5. Questionable shows due to (understandable) illness. By most accounts, however, everyone was pretty much happy.

6. No new album this year.

Eh, I don't know. Don't you just get tired? Number 6 is a big one for most of us, I guess. But who really cares at this point.

I'm out of resentment. I just don't care anymore. I'm glad my brothers and sisters had fun/will have fun during the AUS/NZ tour. The new album will come out when it does. (I'll still pirate the cunt, though - mark my words).

Bored. Listless.

FE needs a new troll. What happened to children?

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Enjoying the interview/songs so far. Nothing I haven't heard before music wise but always nice to hear these songs anyway.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

toolphishdhs said
well said. ill really start giving a crap about them again when they release the new album. like you, and most others on here, ive got other music to listen to and other shows to see. looking to be a great summer actually. i do really like this forum, not for Tool but it is a good bunch here. i will TRY to be less negative (promise) when i come in here for the time being.  

really, though, I LOVE THE FACT THEY FINALLY ADMITTED THEY WERE NOT VERY FAR ALONG. WHY?!?!?!? because for the first time in a few years i feel like the band was being honest and forthcoming with the fanbase.

children=pwnd off lot haha.  naw prolly just lurking because he even knows how full of shit tool is, now.

Lots of win in your post.

First, negativity isn't necessarily a bad thing. It creates a robustness to an otherwise fairly drab world. As long as it's constructive (which, I will admit, is about 20% of my posts). There are totally great people here. It doesn't take me long to get bored of forums. I'm pretty happy here.

As to your second point: Yeah, I love it, too. Finally, they've admitted that they've hit a wall. Cool. Well, thanks for sharing.

Now, shut the fuck up, and let us know when you have something.

And now everyone's more-or-less happy.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

^^^ Double win.  I have noticed there have been a lot of circle jerks around here lately, and I kinda like it. 
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

badkittygothgirl said
^^^ Double win.  I have noticed there have been a lot of circle jerks around here lately, and I kinda like it. 

You like being in the center of circle jerks?

Good to know.

I like to poop naked.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Good one, douche, but that is not what I said.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, their will be a new album but good point on saying if it will be any good. 10 thousand days wasnt that great for them. to me their masterpiece is Lateralus and Aenima a close 2nd. Undertow is awesome too. basically its the first three album rule. someone i know mentioned that to me once and its true a lot. think of bands you like. their first 3 albums are usually the best.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I'm too lazy to listen to the whole thing:

So, did they ACTUALLY admit they weren't very far along with the new recording?

I thought they said back in December that they were well over half way?

I was expecting them to have it finished by November - lyrics, vocals, recording, the whole shebang.

BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

Justin admitted that it's been a struggle to write this time. He said they potentially have around 6 and a half songs written but they didn't seem too sure. They didn't want to give any kind of date as to when it would be finished, because they have no idea.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said 
So, did they ACTUALLY admit they weren't very far along with the new recording?

No, they didn't say anything like that.

As Justin said vaguely "about six and a half". Whether this means songs, years or something else, only they know I guess.

Reading between the lines though, it does almost sound like were not entirely together in the last few years, and that they seem to have rediscovered their passion for the band.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The "six and a half" comment didn't mean songs. They both said right away they don't know what it means. It was a joke, in other words.
Hey! Denty!
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Ravenpig said
The "six and a half" comment didn't mean songs. They both said right away they don't know what it means. It was a joke, in other words.

-.- Exactly. I think you guys need to re-listen to the Lateralus chorus every once in a while...

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

bob said

ya, their will be a new album but good point on saying if it will be any good. 10 thousand days wasnt that great for them. to me their masterpiece is Lateralus and Aenima a close 2nd. Undertow is awesome too. basically its the first three album rule. someone i know mentioned that to me once and its true a lot. think of bands you like. their first 3 albums are usually the best.

I sort of agree.

I've had the same theory but I've felt it is more

three albums 'in a row,' rather than the first three, exclusively.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

bob said

I can think of a few bands where that rule doesn't apply; Led Zeppelin, Rush, and Pink Floyd for example.

Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

*VA JJJ*
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said

bob said

I can think of a few bands where that rule doesn't apply; Led Zeppelin, Rush, and Pink Floyd for example.

KING CRIMSON.